Does she prefer to play arenas or stadiums?

Apples388

What do you think? I'm surprised this question hasn't posed to her in interviews yet.

Has she ever actually said if she prefers either? I think a few years ago she said she loved playing small intimate clubs but these are one-offs for her anyway and we all know she loves to play them to feel the "intimate" feel that harks back to her early days - which explains why she has in recent years gone to lengths to have things like "pits" (Reinvention") and the Golden Triangle (MDNA) to feel a sense of closeness with the fans. She says she can't hear anything anyway because of the ear monitors so she feels the need to feel "close" to the crowd.

But that is all immaterial. What do you think she prefers playing - arenas (i.e. 10-20K and indoors) or stadiums (i.e. 30K+ and outdoors)? :wow:

I think she loves the energy of stadiuns but in arenas she may feel more comfortable with her body without risking it too much to weather conditions...

She surely must still get a great thrill rising from the stage and seeing a huge sea of people before her but I really don't think it's her choice to play stadiums that are too big for her, barren fields, airport hangars etc when the same city, or one nearby, has a nice decent-sized arena.

You can't beat the energy in a good stadium but I'd never buy seating, always GA/Circle whatever.

I remember her saying in an interview, during DWT or RIT, that she like playing arenas because they're more intimate than stadiums and that her shows being theatrical play better in a smaller venue, or something along those lines...

I prefer arenas too, but without seats on the floor (I never understood that, having a seat on the floor just kills the mood imo)

I didn't think she would do many stadiums with this tour after the Sticky stage collapse accident. But like Suede said, I think she does have a love for them ever since Live8.

What do you think? I'm surprised this question hasn't posed to her in interviews yet.

She says she can't hear anything anyway because of the ear monitors so she feels the need to feel "close" to the crowd.

could you explain this?

I do agree but I think since she played Live8 Hyde Park in 2005 it seems that her eyes opened to stadiums and she felt she wouldn't mind playing more of them.

i think she, and me, prefer arenas, but stadium bring the money without the need of multiple dates on each city

the live8 perf was an all singing performance, without the visuals, and this is the difference with her tour that are inappropriate for stadiums...

$tadium$

Yes, that's really the only reason she plays in them :semifunny:

Agreed. I think arenas and floor standing is the best combo for Madooner really. Paris Bercy is best! "Venues" like Wembley Arena need to die in a hole!

Agreed! :thumbsup:

I didn't think she would do many stadiums with this tour after the Sticky stage collapse accident. But like Suede said, I think she does have a love for them ever since Live8.

That accident definitely affected her. She surely invested so much in security this time because i'm sure she had nightmares with that tragic loss. She knows that it is dangerous but i bet before the accident she didn't really had an idea of how things could really go wrong.

I wish she'd go back to arenas (in Europe), I'm so jealous of the US arena shows. Her shows rely on visuals so they're way better in an arena setting. IMO the only reason she's been doing stadiums is CASH. For the next tour she should do a Euro schedule à la DWT. A handful of dates in a handful of cities

could you explain this?

Im crap at explaining but she cant hear a thing apart from the music and herself. Her backing singer said its easier for them because they can take the monitor out from time to time and hear the croud. I think this has been the same sinse RIT. She must be able to do it sometimes though or else how did she hear Kats name?

Exactly. She can play to more people and do less dates and earn more money in them.

It's all about the money, money, money...

of course the $ is good but when you see all those people going crazy for you it has to be the best thing in the world. at that moment i think money is not on her mind. afterwards & before probably yes.. but then & there having all the latin blood going crazy for her is probably the highlight of her tour.

of course i'm not talking about some bad crowds in europe ;)

Guest bluejean

Im crap at explaining but she cant hear a thing apart from the music and herself. Her backing singer said its easier for them because they can take the monitor out from time to time and hear the croud. I think this has been the same sinse RIT. She must be able to do it sometimes though or else how did she hear Kats name?

I am a singer and use in ear monitors. What she can hear is the whole band/backing music plus her vocals, so it's like if you were wearing headphones. That's why she can't really hear the crowd. But she can hear for eg Kat, if she's standing in front of her especially if there's a quiet part in the music or it is inbetween songs.

Doesn't she already know who Kat is anyway and wasn't she planted there by Guy Oseary?