AUSDONNA!!!! - Aussie Fan Thread

Guest CUBB

Matt. I think she ll go in the second leg. ;)

My sources say no second leg and if there was, like last time, a second leg will not involve Australia.

When the next tour starts circa 2014-2015 we will see that Guy has learnt his lesson re making promises eg "it will happen" and will remain silent until an on sale date is announced. If there is no tour again, we may get an apology video instead of audio lol who knows, I'm going to London next time. I don't believe with the size of her stage and her profit margins that she will ever tour Australia again and she was careful not to say "next time" in her apology

I'm sure she will include us in the farewell greatest hit tour in 2018 she would make over $100m for sure there's no way she could let that amount of $ slip buy! I'm (Im) patiently waiting for her to grace our shores again. I've been (Im) patiently waiting to see her again its been nearly 20 years but I haven't given up hope.....

I'm with Optus and their service is not so great. My friend has been with TPG for years and loves them. :)

RE: Madonna. Time to face facts. She's never coming here and clearly has something against us. LOL

She has to tour here next time. Should come to Australia at the start of the next tour so then she can't cancel due to being worn out towards the end of the tour. I would personally love a greatest hits tour purely because we have not seen all of the hits live due to her not coming here since the Girlie Show.

M said it was because of Lola. And she is really moving out....u should go to ny next time intead of London. The crowd is better here. Lol n see her again when her tour hits Australia.

For her next tour, it will be because of Rocco though. Then the tour after that will be because of David, so i guess we'll see her once she runs out of kids, probably 2030, that's if she doesn't buy more kids before then.

By the time she gets here, i hope they build enough ramps for her elderly wheelchair to push her around the stage, she'll be 72 of course. I'll put in a request at Acer Arena. x.

Honestly - all you bitches had better start a savings plan now! I don't wanna hear I can't afford it crap in 4 years time. We are all going together and I say we go for NY or Miami. Matt Matt....come to the US instead!

I can't bear the thought of how old I will be then....my face is melting already. By then I will have one massive pore as a face. But I'm going anyway!

Honestly - all you bitches had better start a savings plan now! I don't wanna hear I can't afford it crap in 4 years time. We are all going together and I say we go for NY or Miami. Matt Matt....come to the US instead!

Don't be inSANe. In 3 years i plan on most likely buying a house, ain't got no time for expensive trips to Mehami tbh.

This hag gonna need to wheel her pension ass here.

RE: Madonna. Time to face facts. She's never coming here and clearly has something against us. LOL

Dont think she she really has anything against us but agree people should accept she is not coming here. I am so glad l travelled for confessions but l will never do it again, holidays are too precious and there is so much in the world to see besides a Madonna show l can see on DVD.

I can safely say that if it wasn't for Madonna, I wouldn't have been to Berlin, Dusseldorf, Rome in summer or Copenhagen, so Madonna has definitely expanded my travel horizons :thumbsup:

Yay! I can hardly wait :)

And Cubb....cut the shit. I went to Japan in the middle of building my house and (just) managed fine. $20 a week.....you can do it!

If I hadn't gone to confessions I would have never known the beauty of Japan....best holiday EVER!

It'll be interesting to see how Australia reacts to madonna's next album release. This tour and it's controversies have pretty much all but been ignored in Australia ( no pun:). Madonna just seems like a non- entity in this country and when discussing her with people these days you generally just get a blaze reaction ( when it use to be slut, whore brilliant etc). I just predict her next album will come along, and rapidly exit, not given a chance even if it does have a killer lead single, and of course the usual tour lies coming from Guy and Madonna getting our hopes up then crushing them. Though on a positive note I did heat express yourself on the radio today:)

MDNA is the biggest flop of M's career in Australia - 3 weeks in the Top 40, even at a time when Live Nation announced she would be touring for the first time in nearly 20 years, Then the tour is canned before tickets went on sale and M's name is mud then nothing. The youtube video was 2 months too late and barely got attention. M rarely gets a mention in Australia and unless it's on classic radio or in stores or on Music Max, does not get heard much.

If she ever does tour Australia, she will be torn to bits by casual fans and the media if it isn't basically a greatest hits tour. I really think M negatively impacted her casual Aussie fan base by letting them down one time too many and Confessions was the final well received album of Madonna as a "current artist". Any future new albums will continue the decline in Australia as she has truly isolated her audience. Her classics and compliation albums will always sell but any new material will go without notice like MDNA - a sudden burst from her hardcore fans with a few casuals and then out of the charts.

If the MDNA tour came to Australia, no matter how great the show is, most of the audience wouldn't know any MDNA tracks - there are no hit singles from it in Australia - or Revolver or Celebration or Candy Shop etc only the usual hits LAP, EY, Vogue, OYH, LAV would go down well so it may not be such a bad thing. I would have loved to have seen the show ah well

Australia isn't angry with M, she just isn't on the radar anymore. This could change if she tours sometime

Had the tour come to Australia, it would have been a huge success and very well received. While people would have complained about the lack of classics, it's such a major spectacle that people would have been impressed. US audiences only know "Give Me All Your Lovin'" from the album, yet the tour has been a major success there and very well received. It would have been the same here.

As for MDNA in Australia, nothing can alter the fact that it was a #1 album here. It achieved something that many Madonna albums haven't been able to do - it was the highest selling album in the country for a week. While peaks aren't everything (LAP peaked at #4!), a #1 is still a big deal (ARIA has a special ceremony and award to honour Australian artists who reach #1, even if they plummet out of the Top 50 the next week!). It's not as though we're talking about something like "Charmbracelet" by Mariah Carey (#42) or Janet's "20 Y.O" (#55) or Whitney's "Just Whitney" (did not chart) or even "My Love Is Your Love" (#42, even though it was a big seller worldwide). We're talking about a #1 album.

Madonna still appears regularly in the women's magazines (according to my mum, who tells me every time she sees something about her :)), and my students are always telling me about the latest Madonna controversy that they've heard about on TV/online/on the radio, so there's still an awareness of her work. One student recently asked me what I thought about Madonna "taking her clothes off" on stage, since they'd heard about the controversy surrounding MDNA, and another asked me if I thought she was being insensitive by using guns on stage, given the recent tragedy in the US. Another told me all about how Madonna was "booed in Paris because she didn't perform for long enough". We're talking about 16 year olds here....

As for radio, I hear her regularly on 97.3FM. It's the only station that actually plays a proper mix of Top 40 music from the 80s, 90s, 00s and today (e.g. they're more than happy to play "Some Nights" by fun, followed by "Express Yourself", followed by "Try", followed by "Sexy Back", followed by "Beauty and a Beat", followed by "I'll Be Missing You" etc. etc.).

Madonna means nothing to Australians anymore but I think if she toured it would be a huge success and well received because she puts on an amazing shows and I don't think people here have been given the chance to witness a tour of M's standard.

It would be talked about like crazy. Then they would care about her again. Until then....

Had the tour come to Australia, it would have been a huge success and very well received. While people would have complained about the lack of classics, it's such a major spectacle that people would have been impressed. US audiences only know "Give Me All Your Lovin'" from the album, yet the tour has been a major success there and very well received. It would have been the same here.

As for MDNA in Australia, nothing can alter the fact that it was a #1 album here. It achieved something that many Madonna albums haven't been able to do - it was the highest selling album in the country for a week. While peaks aren't everything (LAP peaked at #4!), a #1 is still a big deal (ARIA has a special ceremony and award to honour Australian artists who reach #1, even if they plummet out of the Top 50 the next week!). It's not as though we're talking about something like "Charmbracelet" by Mariah Carey (#42) or Janet's "20 Y.O" (#55) or Whitney's "Just Whitney" (did not chart) or even "My Love Is Your Love" (#42, even though it was a big seller worldwide). We're talking about a #1 album.

Madonna still appears regularly in the women's magazines (according to my mum, who tells me every time she sees something about her :)), and my students are always telling me about the latest Madonna controversy that they've heard about on TV/online/on the radio, so there's still an awareness of her work. One student recently asked me what I thought about Madonna "taking her clothes off" on stage, since they'd heard about the controversy surrounding MDNA, and another asked me if I thought she was being insensitive by using guns on stage, given the recent tragedy in the US. Another told me all about how Madonna was "booed in Paris because she didn't perform for long enough". We're talking about 16 year olds here....

As for radio, I hear her regularly on 97.3FM. It's the only station that actually plays a proper mix of Top 40 music from the 80s, 90s, 00s and today (e.g. they're more than happy to play "Some Nights" by fun, followed by "Express Yourself", followed by "Try", followed by "Sexy Back", followed by "Beauty and a Beat", followed by "I'll Be Missing You" etc. etc.).

Carta we are going to have to agree to disagree - MDNA was a flop in Australia - the copies it sold in it's 3 weeks in the top 30 were to legacy fans and casual fans - there was no interest from the general public. By mentioning 97.3, you are highlighting what I said, M is restricted to classic radio now, the Nova network does not play M anymore and they even backed American Life. Gossip articles are not a demonstration of polularity and if you have students, my guess is you mention Madonna at times so they pick up stuff online in forums or on social media.

And remember, people in the USA have had every tour - the MDNA tour was promoted by Live Nation as a return to Australia after nearly 20 years - that's nearly 20 years of hits that have never been performed. Australian audiences would be expecting the hits the worldwide fanbase is sick of - eg. Music, Ray Of Light etc. I am huge fan and collector and I've never even seen Like A Prayer or Into The Groove live - that's how isolated we have been.

And Cubb....cut the shit. I went to Japan in the middle of building my house and (just) managed fine. $20 a week.....you can do it!

$20 a week?

judgejudy2.gif

I don't have time to collect pennies for a whole year, i've go shit to buy....

Judge-Judy.gif

"Classic" radio doesn't play contemporary music, so 97.3 has a different target audience to something like Gold FM on the Gold Coast. They played GMAYL and GGW, so it's not as though they're ignoring the new music and only focusing on the "classics". GMAYL was added by a LOT of stations across the nation (I get a report each week with the station adds), but it faded quickly. GGW was added, too, but not by many stations. As for Nova, weren't they one of the stations who "banned" Madonna when she scrapped the tour? GMAYL was actually playlisted nationwide by Nova in the Week Ending February 10th, so they were interested enough in Madonna to give her brand new single at least some airplay. Will they play her next lead single? Who knows, but they definitely played this one. I'm guessing they dropped it soon afterwards, though. It was still being added to multiple stations' playlists a month after it was released.

If only being bought by "legacy fans and casual fans" constitutes a flop album, then a lot of artists have a flop album. Madonna's Australian fan base has certainly diminished a huge amount, but if it's still big enough to give her a #1 album, then it's still significant. Let's not forget, though, that "Celebration" didn't even go Platinum. She's only had one album exceed Platinum status here over the past decade. Her core fan base seems to be enough to get her Gold sales, but anything beyond that needs her to appeal to a broader audience. Most artists would be more than happy to have a core fan base of that size.

As for my students, although it would be nice if they deliberately went searching for information about Madonna online to share with me, I really don't think I'm that important to them ;) I was surprised, though, at how many of them were aware of her performance at the Superbowl. I guess NFL is popular with teenagers here...!

Has all of Australia actually even been explored? I mean, what I don't understand is why Chinese people don't go and live in these places and invent some new space age cities where everything is crazy new.

Has all of Australia actually even been explored?

Not all of it no, our wagons can only get us so far, a lot of the terrain is too hefty for wooden wheels, however there is a new machine heading out way called an "auto-mobile", it has an "engine" that runs on "oil".

I mean, what I don't understand is why Chinese people don't go and live in these places and invent some new space age cities where everything is crazy new.

Chinese people already are here. Asia is right above us, we have a massive Asian population. Pretty much every suburb here has a China Town, i always go to them and eat wonton noodles.

Not all of it no, our wagons can only get us so far, a lot of the terrain is too hefty for wooden wheels, however there is a new machine heading out way called an "auto-mobile", it has an "engine" that runs on "oil".

Chinese people already are here. Asia is right above us, we have a massive Asian population. Pretty much every suburb here has a China Town, i always go to them and eat wonton noodles.

I know you have cars. :rotfl: it just freaks me out sometimes that there's some places just totally untouched and then these gigantasaurus cities really randomly placed. Australia is a bit mysterious to me. I watch that programme where they try to kick all the immigrants out before they pass immigration. 'Sur, ya cahnt brang thas pot pourey into our country becuz et cud decimate all of awrr trees.'. I especially liked the episode with the hot Jewish Aboriginee guy who started going ape shit and talking about racism and genocide. Or the tie when the coast guard just randomly sprayed a boat in the sea with semi automatic rifle bullets. I love China towns. So tasty. Xie xie. It's just that Chinese people are all squashed in China.

it just freaks me out sometimes that there's some places just totally untouched and then these gigantasaurus cities really randomly placed.

Like most places on Earth?

If you want weird, look at Vegas, that's a whole city right in the middle of NOTHING. Australia has cities around every coastline, nothing strange about that, we don't have cities in the middle of the desert, just Aborigines.

Jewish Aboriginee

That doesn't exist.

guy who started going ape shit and talking about racism and genocide.

Well we did slaughter all the Aborigines, they're still mad, understandable.

This thread is hilarious :rotfl:

Cubb...I want to strangle you but wuv you to pieces

Gu.....I also want to strangle you :lol: Can't figure out if you're just taking the piss with your randomness or not. Why don't you drop by for a visit and we'll look after your special needs

MDNA would leave the gobs of all the shit talkers in this nation well and truly open. Shock and awe.....it would save her reputation here.