Madonna scraps plan to tour Australia!

Camacho

How many shows did Madonna play in Oz for the Girlie Show? Did she do New Zealand too?

Eight - three each in Sydney and Melbourne, and one each in Adelaide and Brisbane. She's never been to NZ.

Guest missy bi_tch

Officially a has-been; nothing she has done in the past 4 years is worthy of her fans' support...

She basically is just doing oldies' tour at this point... what a shame.

The Italian interview reveals nothing other than the fact that Madonna was exhausted just thinking about touring for so long ("that's a long way off", she said in response to the Australia/New Zealand comment - she could easily have contradicted the interview, as she did on a few other points, but she didn't - she acknowledged that we were on the table, basically).

No offence but are you blind? She smiled broadly as soon as the tour was mentioned - very quickly, that smile disappeared when Australia/NZ was mentioned. And just because she didn't contradict the interviewer doesn't mean the tour was on - it's not like it would have been the first time she was deceptive about an Australian tour. I am convinced she has some problem with Australia. It dates back even BEFORE the Girlie Show (she skipped Australia repeatedly before TGS, not only afterwards). I don't know how old you all are but I'm old enough to remember when she skipped us on Blonde Ambition and gave the excuse to Molly Meldrum that it was because "Australian radio doesn't support me". This was just after Australia had given her five consecutive weeks at #1 with 'Vogue'. Pathetic. All these years later she is still treating her Australian fans like shit.

Edited by ipex

Ipex I have a fuck load of money saved for the tour that didn't happen, you should sell me that autographed Sex book !!!!

Really? I must admit I am tempted... how much is a 'fuck load'??? PM me with what you're willing to pay - and an email address, so I can send you pics of the book, etc. It is mint condition. :)

Oh my. I just looked at your pics Matt Matt. I might be willing to give a big discount for a romp in the sack. 20% off if I can suck your cock. 50% if... ;) I'm a good-looking guy so it would hardly be a chore.

What a whore I am, just like our idol. :laugh:

No offence but are you blind? She smiled broadly as soon as the tour was mentioned - very quickly, that smile disappeared when Australia/NZ was mentioned. And just because she didn't contradict the interviewer doesn't mean the tour was on - it's not like it would have been the first time she was deceptive about an Australian tour. I am convinced she has some problem with Australia. It dates back even BEFORE the Girlie Show (she skipped Australia repeatedly before TGS, not only afterwards). I don't know how old you all are but I'm old enough to remember when she skipped us on Blonde Ambition and gave the excuse to Molly Meldrum that it was because "Australian radio doesn't support me". This was just after Australia had given her five consecutive weeks at #1 with 'Vogue'. Pathetic. All these years later she is still treating her Australian fans like shit.

I understand that you're upset, but you really don't need to resort to insults (and wouldn't you be embarrassed if I actually were blind...!). As I said, all Madonna's reaction proved was that she didn't want to think about how long she was going to be on the road for (she said, "That's a long way off...I'm in Italy now" etc. etc.).

I'm old enough to remember the first time Madonna appeared on Countdown. I have no recollection of an interview with Molly Meldrum in which she said anything about airplay. Could you help me find a link to it, please?

I spoke to Guy in Berlin - twice. He may have been lying to my face, but I do not believe he was, and nor does another friend who knows him quite well. In the past, he has told me personally that they're "trying" to bring the current tour (at the time) to Australia. This time, it was "we're coming". You don't have to believe me. Others probably wish they hadn't believed me now, but I know for sure that she was coming here. People at other forums have also been able to confirm that venues were booked. It was happening. If it's easier for you to believe that it never was, then that's fine. To each their own.

Guest pedrohdi

Officially a has-been; nothing she has done in the past 4 years is worthy of her fans' support...

What???? Oldies tour??? When was that? "nothing she has done in the past 4 years is worthy of her fans' support" really??? So this tour sucks? MDNA album sucks? We the fans have a fantastic new album, not a recycled duets country whatsoever cd, and the best tour in years, and you say we have nothing to support? Are you for real?

I understand that you're upset, but you really don't need to resort to insults (and wouldn't you be embarrassed if I actually were blind...!). As I said, all Madonna's reaction proved was that she didn't want to think about how long she was going to be on the road for (she said, "That's a long way off...I'm in Italy now" etc. etc.).

I'm old enough to remember the first time Madonna appeared on Countdown. I have no recollection of an interview with Molly Meldrum in which she said anything about airplay. Could you help me find a link to it, please?

I spoke to Guy in Berlin - twice. He may have been lying to my face, but I do not believe he was, and nor does another friend who knows him quite well. In the past, he has told me personally that they're "trying" to bring the current tour (at the time) to Australia. This time, it was "we're coming". You don't have to believe me. Others probably wish they hadn't believed me now, but I know for sure that she was coming here. People at other forums have also been able to confirm that venues were booked. It was happening. If it's easier for you to believe that it never was, then that's fine. To each their own.

I'm sorry Carta, I don't mean to be rude to you, please forgive me.

I do believe the tour was on (Live Nation confirmed it in an official media release, Athur Fogel mentioned it in an interview with Billboard, and Guy referred to it several times). I also believe that the venues were booked, and that Guy spoke to you about it, and that he was telling you the truth. He would have no reason to lie to your face like that. But obviously at some point, the tour was scrapped - and I believe that point had been reached by the time this Italian interview was recorded. This interview is only a few weeks old, as far as I can tell; it was uploaded on June 28. I didn't at any point say the tour "never was" (that's your words, not mine), I just believe that by the time this Italian interview was recorded, Madonna knew it wasn't happening. To me, there is clearly some issue, based on her reaction in that clip. I could be wrong and I have no proof - but that's what I believe.

Anyway, it's all academic now - whatever point it was decided to cancel the Aus leg, clearly it has been cancelled. There is no doubt about that.

I don't have any link to Molly Meldrum's claim. He made it in "Molly's Humdrum" in TV Week (remember that?). I even remember the headline "Why Madonna won't tour here" (because it struck me like a knife in the heart, LOL) and he was quite clear in the article that M personally told him it was because Australian radio wouldn't support her. I remember being quite upset because I thought, 'Who cares if radio stations won't support you - what about your many fans? Clearly, the Australian public supports you because we just put you at #1 for 5 weeks.'

Again, sorry for any disrespect to you - it wasn't intended.

Edited by ipex

I'm tired and have resorted to watching The Shire. My life is over. Goodnight :(

:rotfl:

But this thread is far more entertaining than any dumb reality TV show. Probably a lot more more reality here too. :D

And don't pick on Carta. He is the grand sensei and the sweetest guy ever :inlove: and he is absolutely correct with his interpretation of that video.

And don't pick on Carta. He is the grand sensei and the sweetest guy ever :inlove: and he is absolutely correct with his interpretation of that video.

Honey, I didn't pick on Carta, I disagreed with him on one point. And the one 'insulting' comment wasn't that bad, I just said "no offence but are you blind" - it was a throwaway line, not an attack on his very existence, and I apologised. And there is no "correct" or "incorrect" interpetation of that video because none of us are mind readers and none of us are Madonna - there is only opinion. Which we are all entitled to, 'grand sensei' or not. :yes:

Edited by ipex

S&S:

9(8)/12 Hard Candy tracks

Borderline (1st leg)

Holiday (2nd leg)

Into the Groove

Dress You Up (2nd leg)

La Isla Bonita

Like a Prayer

Vogue

Rain/Here Comes the Rain Again

Human Nature

You Must Love Me

Ray of Light

Frozen (2nd leg)

Music

Die Another Day

Hung Up (1st leg)

MDNA:

2/2 Celebration tracks

9/16 MDNA tracks

Like a Virgin

Open Your Heart

Papa Don't Preach

Express Yourself

Like a Prayer

Vogue

Justify My Love

Human Nature

Nobody Knows Me

Hung Up

Candy Shop

(bold songs are songs she never performed in Australia)

Imo S&S was more of an oldies tour than MDNA was. S&S had 25 tracks in total (both legs included, minus "Doli Doli" and "Get Stupid") of which 20 have never been performed in Australia, with 9 of them being songs from HC. MDNA has 22 tracks in total with 18 of them being songs she never performed in Australia, while LAV, OYH and EY were voted by fans on facebook. So I really don't think those weren't worthy of her fan's support, especially not in Australia. I personally don't like both setlists. I think she should not focus on playing her most well-known songs. Songs like Bad Girl, Nothing Really Matters, Deeper & Deeper and Everybody could've fit well in the setlist of MDNA, but she tries to please her casual fans and plays OYH, EY, LAV, LAP and Vogue, eventhough she already performed some of them those on her last tour. So I think she does care a little bit about her fans if it was her who decided to perform those songs.

Oh, and btw...fans were complaining that she didn't play more of the old songs on S&S :huh:

:lmao: ipex babe, it was a joke :hugs:

Oh. (Suedehead moment.)

You know, I'm not always being entirely serious either. ;) Hugs back - you'll need 'em if you're watching "The Shire". :)

ipex - all good :)

I spoke to Guy on the 30th and I know from a friend that everything was still fine this time last week, but I also know that nothing will convince you that everything was still "official" when Madonna recorded the Italian interview (which is fine!!). Maybe in her own mind, she was already having doubts, but as far as everyone else was concerned, it was still happening last week.

I have a scrapbook of articles from the 80s - I'll try to find the TV Week one.

San - thanks for the kind words (even though you were only joking ;)).

On another note, has anyone at all heard from CUBB???

Cubby is hiding in the lounge :)

And I do wuv you :inlove:

San, you've just scarred me for life....! I've never, ever ventured into The Lounge before......I'm in shock.....! I had no idea Madonnanation had its very own King's Cross.....!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock::dramatic: