Madonna scraps plan to tour Australia!

Camacho

...I'm so confused as to why she's so against going to Australia.... - lymon

...but what is this bitch's deal? Everyone makes it there except her? - Nightshade

...what is her problem with Australia though, seriously? - Not4Pussies

...What is wrong with Madonna? -ipex

...I think something must be wrong. Now that I'm over the shock and anger I really do think there is a proper reason for this. - CJM69

...What does Madonna have against Australia?? - SkyHigh76

Maybe because GMAYL flopped so badly in Australia (first album that failed to generate a top 10 hit in Australia) that bitch decided to cancel the tour.

:dazed:

I don't buy this excuse.Madonna is one of those artists who could tour anywhere *without* a new CD and still sellout the arenas.She has an extremely loyal fanbase.

I don't buy this excuse.Madonna is one of those artists who could tour anywhere *without* a new CD and still sellout the arenas.She has an extremely loyal fanbase.

I don't buy it either. GMAYL did better in Australia than than the UK and she's touring the UK right now. It got to #25 in Australia, #37 in the UK.

I honestly think that the announcement that Australia would be included in the tour was just to get the album to do well in Australia. I had a feeling all the way along that Australia would never happen. You can think of every excuse in the book, bad planning whatever but Madonna simply doesn't want to tour here its not that complicated.

I don't think Guy told me to my face that they were definitely coming in the hope that this news would generate more sales of MDNA in Australia :)

Someone mentioned earlier that I had said that there was a valid reason for the Australian leg being cancelled - all I said was that there is a definite reason (I have no idea what it could be - I just hope it's valid, but in all honesty, nothing will be seen as valid by most Australians, which is understandable).

The 2013 dates have been taken off the table. They were on the table and they were definite enough to be printed on official passes etc. It was mentioned quite a while ago that the dancers had been contracted through to early 2013 (I can't remember whether someone tweeted about it or whether it was an article). Those contracts will have to be paid out, regardless of the reason for the early ending of the tour.

The original dates that were rumoured for us were November/December. I was surprised and really disappointed when South America was mentioned, because I felt that that lessened the chance that she would come here, but then it all seemed to fall into place. If they had stuck to the original plan (if it actually was the plan), then maybe we wouldn't be having this conversation now. Who knows, though? Madonna has said a couple of times that she doesn't know why/how she let herself be talked into doing such a long tour. I know I couldn't do it. I'm not one of the fittest women on the planet, though....!!!

Matt - again, I'm sorry for building up your hopes (I hate knowing that you negotiated your new position based at least partly on information that I had provided you - that sucks BIG time....). I know no one blames me, but I was the only person here who had managed to speak directly to Guy about it. Maybe if I'd kept my mouth shut about the conversations, some people wouldn't have got their hopes up so high.

Thanks bud, I don't think it's a personal attack on Australia by M, just bad planning, bad business decisions, wrong priorities and a total lack of focus on a fan base that has been loyal and patient for so long. I believe the plan was to come to Australia, they just fucked it up, I believe for the first time, they actually tried to bring the tour here though

I think you're right, Matt. Australia should have been locked in for 2012 and that should have been a no-brainer on every level. Whatever has caused the cancellation of the planned Australian leg hasn't led them to cancel South America, so if we'd been scheduled for this year, chances are, everything would have been OK.

Does anyone know what the feeling is on the Icon forum?????

Disappointment for Australian fans. I haven't checked today, but last night, it was nowhere near as bad as it is everywhere else. It was mainly overseas Iconers consoling Australian Iconers and offering support/accommodation in the US etc. if people were able to travel.

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

i didnt think this was true when my boyfriend called and asked me about it last night. :(

i know im pretty much a nobody on this board, and seeing as to how she's practically playing in my back yard this year it probably doesn't mean much, but i really am so sad for you guys. MOST of the aussie posters on here are among the funniest, kindest members on the board, and i was really excited for ya'll...i couldn't wait to see the reaction she got down there...i just knew it was gonna be amazing. i really wish i could buy you guys tickets and fly you out here to see her. i so would if i could.

having said that, even though i think australians have every right to be upset, it IS being taken WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too far by some. burning her merchandise? saying you're done with her? really? im pretty pissed at M mysellf for this, but even so id never in a million years go online and bash her the way some have. seriously. some of the comments towards her are making me feel sick.

im really sorry you guys. i hope they at least give ya'll an explanation soon....its the least they could do. :no:

I have to say how much I appreciate all the nice sympathetic comments from members of this forum.. in the past it was very different around here and every time Madonna totally fucked her Aussie fans over, all you got was a constant barrage of insults against Australia, how it is a shit country and not worthy of a tour etc..

I don't think there is one single negative comment about Australia in this thread and that is beautiful so thankyou guys!

Reading all the comments of sincere sympathy and concern have really helped but also have just made me so much angrier about how we have been so totally fucked over, again

So I'm not sure exactly what to do in regards to handing in my fan card.. If I give away all my Madonna CDs and delete all music and image files on my computer, is that enough or do I need to spill some blood or something?

I think the reason she didn't started the tour in Australia was Lady Gaga, it would be very closer dates for the biggest tours of this year.

About the change of plans I think it must be a disagreement Madonna-Live Nation-Local Producer. I believe in what Carta says so if all the dates were set and ready to be released thats no other excuse. My opinion is the local producer wanted a bigger profit percentage than what was negotiated before. We all know how tight Madonna is with these things. She would not give up on her money at all. So she got angry and cancelled.

Is not Guy O fault this time, he wouldnt miss 5 to 10 million dollars in his pocket. It has to be business deals, if were personal matters they would have released a statement about now.

I dont believe is because she "will" be tired. As someone said 8 dates among +90 is nothing, specially after a holiday break. And its very plausible that she wants to move on, S&S part 2 was a big shock to me. She never had made this, she usually finishes a project and move on to the next! I agree this time would be different because it was already on her plans and wouldnt be a six months break, but it didnt work out...

I'm sorry for all the australians fans, and a special hug to all the aussie posters here!

Why is her team not saying anything?!

I wonder if Guy is pushing Madonna's love to the borderline trying to make her do some shows next year :huh:

"YOU ARE GOING TO OZ AND THAT'S THE END OF IT!"

"But I don't wanna!"

About the change of plans I think it must be a disagreement Madonna-Live Nation-Local Producer. I believe in what Carta says so if all the dates were set and ready to be released thats no other excuse. My opinion is the local producer wanted a bigger profit percentage than what was negotiated before. We all know how tight Madonna is with these things. She would not give up on her money at all. So she got angry and c

Madonna's percentage of the gross is defined in her LN contract, regardless of where she performs.

I think they should have done a more limited stint in Europe this time around, a la DWT...& focused on Oz & Asia instead.

but as far as a tour itinerary is concerned, it's not the artist who comes up with the plans.

Guest bluejean

That doesn't mean the cancellation was not her idea. It really depends if she's cancelled for a specific reason, like for eg a new project starting in January.

Up at sparrows too bluejean? It used to be most exciting time of the day, waking up and checking for news before I even opened my eyes :(

That doesn't mean the cancellation was not her idea. It really depends if she's cancelled for a specific reason, like for eg a new project starting in January.

Maybe she wants 2 fire Brahim in January.

God, who can fit in gym before work? Not that I go anyway :lol: I'm naturally thin, but my ass is looking like a golf ball lately so I was considering going to the gym......wanted to look great for M. Now I will just turn into a depressed sloth :lmao:

Guest bluejean

Maybe she wants 2 fire Brahim in January.

Silly bitch, she could have picked up some fresh aussie dick while she was here. The iron man perhaps :lol:

Have Madonna and Guy made any public comment about *anything* since the Oz tour cancellation? I really can't wait to hear what excuse they come up with. Maybe they're thinking that if they stay quiet for a few days it will all die down and they can ignore it.

I just unfollowed the turd. So annoying that he has to tweet every pic. Ugh.

It's a bit more than annoying, seems deeply insensitive and totally humiliating

So he has time to use social networking but yet can't make a simple statement to fans?

I have given away all of my Madonna CD's

Something is very fishy about Live Nation's official statement and the silence from Madonna's camp. Live Nation totally did a classic PR move with the wording of what they said.

"Madonna's tour will end in South America as planned. That's all we can say."

Notice the complete absence of the word Australia. And the word cancelled. Anyone who has taken a marketing course knows what's up when someone chooses their words like that.

Since every Australian has given up, I know I'm gonna get tomatoes thrown at me for saying this, but I think what was cancelled was January. I think there could be a second leg and that's why they're not saying shit. Whether that leg includes AUS who knows.

But the fact that MDNA isn't gonna break Sticky's record as is, it would seem bizarre for her to NOT add another leg. This tour almost demands it due to the immense budget and overhead.Seeing as how Europe wasn't a splash, and touring the Americas again would be pointless, that only leaves Oceania for a second leg.

No one else will think there's any validity to my theory, and I encourage everyone to just assume that Australia is done for, for the sake of sanity. but privately, this is what I am gonna hope for. If you guys aren't gonna have any hope then I will do it for you and get disappointed for you :rotfl: