Madonna scraps plan to tour Australia!

Camacho

A big hug for every Aussie on this forum. I'm sorry, guys. She even ruined Carly's birthday plans. Cuntdonna.

I guess Matt Matt & CUBB were right all along.

She should have it on her calendar!

I'm anticipating CUBB's first post. I will never not listen to what he says ever again hahaaha

the truth is she has made enough money on this tour for the LN contract and she doesn't enjoy being on stage anymore or want the humiliation of promoting another flop album.. it is just work to her, she's only doing it for the money and to keep her celebrity status, all she cares about is her family etc, which is fair enough, but the real question is - why are we all still fans?

it's moments like these when you think that all her 'detractors' may have been right all along.. she is talented at being a publicity whore and using her celebrity to work with talented artists

and i mean, why do gay guys even like her?.. she married two of the biggest homophobes in history.. bitch is just working you for your dollars and because no-one else likes her anymore

the truth is she has made enough money on this tour for the LN contract and she doesn't enjoy being on stage anymore or want the humiliation of promoting another flop album.. it is just work to her, she's only doing it for the money and to keep her celebrity status, all she cares about is her family etc, which is fair enough, but the real question is - why are we all still fans?

it's moments like these when you think that all her 'detractors' may have been right all along.. she is talented at being a publicity whore and using her celebrity to work with talented artists

and i mean, why do gay guys even like her?.. she married two of the biggest homophobes in history.. bitch is just working you for your dollars and because no-one else likes her anymore

weren't you over her? :huh: Edited by dave

has there been an offical statement?

No official statement as in press release or the like..

And since no actual dates were ever announced, I don't think we'll get any, just like we never had any official confirmation why the Re-Invention Tour dvd never materialized.

Oh no. She's had another idea for a film. :scared:

Or I'm thinking a movie role she couldn't refuse and would otherwise miss out on. Bitch. :)

I think it has something to do with the weather

She can't tour here mid year 2013, with AFL and Rugby League season underway, there will be no outdoor venues available for her to play... and she won't do Arenas.... I honestly think she'd struggle to sell out arena shows now even if she did announce a tour in a month or so... the backlash is bigger than ever, thanks to the media milking it for all it's worth... and it's sad, but she only has herself to blame.

I'm sure it's not going to phase her at all, what's an extra $20 million for her anyway?

i think the reason is because there were too many touring acts at the sametime happening

she probably just realized that she is not super woman and doesnt fuckin have to be!

Oh no. She's had another idea for a film. :scared:

Some sources say it's going to be filmed in Australia and that it's about an American woman who didn't want to go to Australia because she felt exhausted. I hear it's a drama and she may be nominated for an Oscah. Is that true? Can anyone confirm?

Pretty sure we will never get another comment or explanation for the cancellation. Bitch can do what she wants. I dont think the backlash will last that long because Madonna is already fairly invisible in Australia, l was looking forward to the tour to create some excitement for her again here. Disapointed l didnt go see Gaga now, was saving my concert dollars. Guess l can spend it on lego now:)

People will continue to like and support her the way they continue to like and support Elvis (who never performed a single show outside the US) and The Beatles (who haven't performed since...what....1968....?). Buying a Madonna CD doesn't earn you the right to see her live in concert - you buy it because you like the music (not because you hope you'll get to see it performed live one day). As fans, we can still watch The Virgin Tour etc. etc. on video and enjoy the performances, even though we never had the chance to see them live (TVT was supposed to be ours, too - she told Mark Bego during the filming of DSS that she was touring Australia and Japan in early 1985, but then she exploded in the US and had to tour there instead). However, today, every Australian Madonna fan is hurting and some (not all) are saying things that they probably don't mean (I know some are definitely over her and will wipe her completely, which will have zero impact on Madonna, but a massive impact on them).

Be angry, hurt, disappointed and upset (God knows everyone has a right to be), but try to remember the joy that listening to Madonna's music has brought you, whether it's been just this year, the past five years, or the past 28 years. The chance to see her live has been lost, but the pleasure to be gained from listening to her work hasn't. I'd just hate to see people wipe her when clearly, she means so much to them. Look at Matt - he's furious, but already knows that he'll forgive her.

Some sources say it's going to be filmed in Australia and that it's about an American woman who didn't want to go to Australia because she felt exhausted. I hear it's a drama and she may be nominated for an Oscah. Is that true? Can anyone confirm?

Oh God no, please

Do you remember at the end of the press tour for W.E. when she cried at a premiere screening? that was coincidently just hours after the first weeks box office figures from the UK came in.. and let's just say they were humiliatingly abysmal, to say the least

People will continue to like and support her the way they continue to like and support Elvis (who never performed a single show outside the US) and The Beatles (who haven't performed since...what....1968....?). Buying a Madonna CD doesn't earn you the right to see her live in concert - you buy it because you like the music (not because you hope you'll get to see it performed live one day). As fans, we can still watch The Virgin Tour etc. etc. on video and enjoy the performances, even though we never had the chance to see them live (TVT was supposed to be ours, too - she told Mark Bego during the filming of DSS that she was touring Australia and Japan in early 1985, but then she exploded in the US and had to tour there instead). However, today, every Australian Madonna fan is hurting and some (not all) are saying things that they probably don't mean (I know some are definitely over her and will wipe her completely, which will have zero impact on Madonna, but a massive impact on them).

Be angry, hurt, disappointed and upset (God knows everyone has a right to be), but try to remember the joy that listening to Madonna's music has brought you, whether it's been just this year, the past five years, or the past 28 years. The chance to see her live has been lost, but the pleasure to be gained from listening to her work hasn't. I'd just hate to see people wipe her when clearly, she means so much to them. Look at Matt - he's furious, but already knows that he'll forgive her.

I'm furious and I'm not going to forgive her

I really feel like this is a sign from the universe that I need to get over her and move on, being a Madonna fan is holding me back as a person and as an artist

Someone at Icon posted that they spoke to Guy in London and he told them that they had made a very good decision to travel to London from Australia to see the show, but wouldn't elaborate.

:(

I'm furious and I'm not going to forgive her

I really feel like this is a sign from the universe that I need to get over her and move on, being a Madonna fan is holding me back as a person and as an artist

mnation09, I understand where you're coming from, but you said six hours ago that it would be "your last post ever", and you're just getting angrier and angrier with each post. Maybe you need to listen to the sign from the universe and take a step away from the forums for a little while so that you can deal with your anger and not let it tear you apart? I don't know that continually reading and posting about the situation is actually helping you (it's helping others, though). Of course, you can do whatever you like, but I'm a little concerned for you.....

Be angry, hurt, disappointed and upset (God knows everyone has a right to be), but try to remember the joy that listening to Madonna's music has brought you, whether it's been just this year, the past five years, or the past 28 years. The chance to see her live has been lost, but the pleasure to be gained from listening to her work hasn't. I'd just hate to see people wipe her when clearly, she means so much to them.

Of course! People that are actually going to stop being fans for this are ridiculous. There must be a reason. I don't think M would do this to us just because she can't be bothered. From what you have said a lot of plans had already been made and starting to form, the stadiums were booked. She wouldn't pull out of that for the simple reason of not wanting to come all the way here. I love her so much, I really cannot believe she would do that.

wheres the statement to say this isnt happening then ?

Live Nation Australia responded to multiple questions on Facebook (including several posters here), stating that they had been informed that the tour would end in South America....

wheres the statement to say this isnt happening then ?

Madonnatribe posted it on twitter but it's not made it to their website yet...

Really sorry for the Aussie fans. Had they just said no in the first place, that would have been so much better. Obviously, it's a massive logistics exercise but still. I'm wondering if the economic situation in Australia is making it not workable. It's hugely expensive there at the moment and you're talking about a country the size of the US with a tiny population. Very sad though that she couldn't find some way of going.

Of course! People that are actually going to stop being fans for this are ridiculous. There must be a reason. I don't think M would do this to us just because she can't be bothered. From what you have said a lot of plans had already been made and starting to form, the stadiums were booked. She wouldn't pull out of that for the simple reason of not wanting to come all the way here. I love her so much, I really cannot believe she would do that.

For some, though, it's easier just to hate her. To each their own....

Live Nation have probably lost some money over this - you can't book a stadium without making some sort of commitment, so there would be a fairly hefty cancellation fee involved, I'm sure (since each venue could potentially have knocked back other requests while they were holding the dates).

Since we're going to find out why this has happened (my friend has indicated that we will), then it's not likely to be because she just didn't want to come.

I'm pissed off too. I've been in contact with Guy's office the past few months about getting some superfans into the Golden Triangle at some shows. Guy especially wanted to give CUBB a Golden Triangle upgrade to any show of his choice as a thank you for CUBB's Gang Bang image they used for Madonna's cake. I didn't tell CUBB because I wanted to make it a big surprise but didn't want to tell him till the Aussie dates were officially announced and on sale on ticketmaster. But I was positive Australia dates were gonna happen with multiple official press materials repeatedly mentioning Australia and Guy assuring Carta and whomever at MDNA concerts that she's coming to Australia. Well, now we know there's no Aussie shows happening. What a huge letdown! :thumbsdown: Miguel and I were so excited for CUBB! We were more excited for him than for ourselves seeing the show! Sorry CUBB! :( And all the other Aussie fans massively blue-balled! :thumbsdown: