2 July - Copenhagen

Msig

They're saying the show the was sold out & more than 40,000 people attended.

A Live Nation official told us at noon that around 36,000 ticket purchases/giveaways had been registered at that point.

The upper part of the back stand was blocked off - people who had bought tickets to that section were moved to other sections to make the stadium look fuller.

The show itself was AMAZING!!! The sound was horrible and very bass-heavy, as always when the roof is on at Parken, but I enjoyed every single seconds.

My personal highlights: Open Your Heart, Masterpiece, Like a Virgin and the entire last section.

Btw, everything was late. Early Entrance ticket holders were let in at 6.30, Martin Solveig went on stage at 8.30 and Madonna started her show at 10.15. I didn't hear any people booing, but a handful of people left before the show had even started, and quite a few people started leaving during I'm Addicted.

Apart from us at the very front, the audience didn't really seem to appreciate the setlist. Only Express Yourself, Vogue and Like a Prayer seemed to be massive crowd-pleasers. And the two press reviews released so far are mixed to negative.

I was in the Golden Triangle (front row) and the energy was INCREDIBLE!! Msig, I thought Martin didn't go on stage until 8:30pm (I sent you a message when he finished at 9:30pm, saying that I hoped we wouldn't have to wait an hour like in Berlin, but they must have blocked mobile access after his set, because no one around me could send or receive messages/make phone calls). The show was brilliant!!! Madonna was in a really playful mood and she seemed to be having a lot of fun. She did "Love Spent" in the sound check as a request (someone originally requested "Turn Up The Radio", but she said that was already in the setlist, so asked for another request). When someone asked for LS, she said something like "Love Spent? Hmmm...let's do a little experiment" (to the band). She said afterwards that they were using the sound checks to "try out something special for Paris" (why Paris, I'm not sure, but that's what she said). She wasn't happy with the key that she was singing it in - she said a few times that it was "too high" and "we'll have to work on that" (or something like that). I agree that she sounded great - someone else has said that she sounded terrible, which is really unfair.

A brilliant experience!! Msig, it was great meeting you!!!!

I hope you videoed that shit Msig!!!!

I did. Might just upload it a little later :)

A brilliant experience!! Msig, it was great meeting you!!!!

I agree! The show was amazing, even though most people outside the Golden Triangle were standing like frozen statues most of the time.

Nice meeting you, too :)

Quotes from some of the press reviews:

Gaffa (3/6)

"Acrobatics, a flying marching band and world-class visuals. Madonna is cool, but the show was a mixed experience."

"It was a spectacular production with a minutely detailed and well-performed choreography. One can only hope that her next tour will be a more stripped-down production of a smaller scale, cause she doesn't need all the props and choreographies. In fact, she is much better without them."

The reviewer points out "Open Your Heart" and "Masterpiece" as the highlights of the show. She also liked "Like a Virgin", but notes that the song seemed to divide the audience.

Ekstra Bladet (3/6)

"The diva served bass-thumping dance-pop to 40,000 Danes, but the audience wanted to dance with the Queen of Pop only during a few songs. At times, the atmosphere in the close to sold-out national stadium was as intense as at an antiques fair."

"The audience seemed to likely mainly the old songs. Including no less than 8 songs from the MDNA album, which was well-produced but a commercial flop, was a rash decision."

"During most of the show, we saw and heard 'Madonna the businesswoman'. 'Madonna the pop artist' appeared only in glimpses."

The reviewer points out "Gang Bang", "Vogue" and "Like a Prayer" as some of the few highlights.

Politiken (mixed)

"The Queen of Pop delivered an imposing, flamboyant and arousing show, show, but was more preoccupied with herself than with the music."

"However, the retro-techno-disco of MDNA doesn't even come close to wrest the blood-pumping sceptre of the current time-spirit from Lady Gaga's hands."

"Even the queen of self-promotion has to realize that others are playing the game in a more charming and modern way that Madonna."

The reviewer points out "Vogue", "Like a Virgin" and "Like a Prayer" as the highlights, a long with the excerpts of "Erotica" included in "Candy Shop".

Politiken (3/6)

"It is clear that Madonna is no longer the queen of contemporary pop. That role has been taken over by Lady Gaga, who is clearly inspired by Madonna, though."

"Madonna is entertaining and a sure hit when it comes to light pop songs. But Madonna's attempts at appearing provocative and piquant are most of all embarrassing."

"The acoustic version of "Like a Virgin" was an unusually pretentious low, which also proved that Madonna's voice isn't strong enough to carry such a stripped performance".

This reviewer points out "Express Yourself", "Like a Prayer" and "Celebration" as the highlights.

B.T. (2/6)

"Some were booing, some bought another beer, others left before the show had even started. Madonna was scandalously late when she appeared on stage in Parken yesterday."

"Combined, "Express Yourself" and "Give Me All Your Luvin" are the most impressive performance I have ever seen in Parken, with a flying marching band and the already infamous Lady Gaga diss."

"Madonna is the Queen. There will never be a greater rock bitch. But she's much more interesting when performing in much smaller venues. Take off your mask, Madonna. We know Madonna the machine."

The reviewer points out "Turn Up the Radio", "Masterpiece", "Like a Virgin", "I'm a Sinner" and "Like a Prayer" as the highlights

she really surprises me sometimes. i think she sounds terrific and i think it's fun watching them find the sound. what i wouldn't give to watch a recording session with her :dramatic: she needs to add the song already.

Sung in an appropriate key, "Love Spent" would be an nice addition to the setlist. This was even more stripped than the acoustic version, and probably the most vulnerable I've ever heard Madonna. :)

However, I wouldn't take out any of the ballads that are already in the show-

It also stroke me how M was much more relaxed and playful during the soundcheck than during the actual show. She really should do an anti-tour, only for hardcore fans.

One more thing:

During the intro of "Girl Gone Wild", when the 'glass' broke, the curtain stayed up, leaving Madonna to remove it herself. She didn't do that until the confessional was already on the ground, only a second or two before she was supposed to take off her veil and crown.

is it too loonish of me to think that they have an agenda against Madonna? much like the swedes putting down her show in tel aviv while everyone else was positive.

Guest IceAngel

A Live Nation official told us at noon that around 36,000 ticket purchases/giveaways had been registered at that point.

The upper part of the back stand was blocked off - people who had bought tickets to that section were moved to other sections to make the stadium look fuller.

Is it possible that an additional 3,000 people purchased tickets just in the hours prior to the show?

And also, can they move people to other sections like that?

Is it possible that an additional 3,000 people purchased tickets just in the hours prior to the show?

And also, can they move people to other sections like that?

Possible, yes, but unlikely.

And obviously they did move people to other sections. Last Sunday, you could still buy tickets for the upper half of the back stand, but that entire section was curtained off during the show.

The lower part of the back stand was only half-full, but the side stands were packed, apart from the restricted view sections, in which no one was sitting.

Furthermore, the Golden Circle was only half full by the time Martin Solveig had finished his set, so they let some General Admission ticket holders inside the Golden Circle until it was full, resulting in the General Admission area being almost empty. I didn't witness this myself, but a classmate of mine who was seated on the right stand told me so. It was her first time seeing Madonna, and she thinks it's the best show she's ever seen :D

is it too loonish of me to think that they have an agenda against Madonna? much like the swedes putting down her show in tel aviv while everyone else was positive.

I have no doubt of that Nikki.

I have no doubt of that Nikki.

I know it sounds silly though. Or maybe people just don't like her. I see other stars getting glowing reviews for shows like the SS genre. no theatre, just performing the songs with a bit of lipping. often no instrument playing. But the media gives them a break. Not madonna.

I know it sounds silly though. Or maybe people just don't like her. I see other stars getting glowing reviews for shows like the SS genre. no theatre, just performing the songs with a bit of lipping. often no instrument playing. But the media gives them a break. Not madonna.

Madonna doesn't play their game, she doesn't do what they think that at this day and age she is supposed to do. Just reading this reviews you can tell that they tend to be more warm to the baske stripped down section because that is exactly what THEY think it's "age appropriate".

In order for the Danish press to give any future Madonna show a decent review, she would have to perform either at Jyske Bank Boxen in Herning, where Kylie Minogue opened her Aphodite: Les Folies tour, or at the Copenhagen Arena, which hasn't been constructed yet and will be opened in 2015.

She should perform primarily classic hits, preferably in versions sounding very close to the originals. The production should be relatively scaled-down, with no elaborate choreographies and only a few dancers (if any).

I actually don't think I'd mind Madonna doing a tour with a scaled-down production - but I don't mind the big shows, either.

I did. Might just upload it a little later :)

The guy standing next to me was singing along, that's him you can hear at some points during the video.

It's pathetic how the negative reviews always talk about her AGE. Yes she's fucking 53 so what? If that's all they can do to bring down her show, then they're just reductive. I have no problem with negative reviews as long as they're REAL reviews and not some pathetic agenda against the artist.

In order for the Danish press to give any future Madonna show a decent review, she would have to perform either at Jyske Bank Boxen in Herning, where Kylie Minogue opened her Aphodite: Les Folies tour, or at the Copenhagen Arena, which hasn't been constructed yet and will be opened in 2015.

She should perform primarily classic hits, preferably in versions sounding very close to the originals. The production should be relatively scaled-down, with no elaborate choreographies and only a few dancers (if any).

I actually don't think I'd mind Madonna doing a tour with a scaled-down production - but I don't mind the big shows, either.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh NO THANK YOU!!!

FUCK THE CRITICS!

ALL HAIL THE QUEEN!

Its an AMAZING FUCKING SHOW!

It's pathetic how the negative reviews always talk about her AGE. Yes she's fucking 53 so what? If that's all they can do to bring down her show, then they're just reductive. I have no problem with negative reviews as long as they're REAL reviews and not some pathetic agenda against the artist.

100% agreed, but it's weird how northern europe does it and southern europe do not really care, italia, spain, portugal had amazing reviews, saying that she is incredible and half her age ... Maybe it's the sun dunno

maybe these reviewers r so jaded and are so used to madonna's BIG HUGE MEGA TOURS....but they do have their hate on for her obviously

its cool to hate madonna

Guest Owenkeats

maybe these reviewers r so jaded and are so used to madonna's BIG HUGE MEGA TOURS....but they do have their hate on for her obviously

its cool to hate madonna

My friend told me about her saying "put that fucking banner down I hate that name", to a fan with a banner that said MADGE. Love it !!!!

I highly doubt Madonna would create a whole show to please the fucking danish press. WHO gives a shit about the Danish...really....

and your suggestions = 1252938065_squirting-vomit.gif

The sad thing is, if she does exactly all that (and no question it would be still amazing and all) the press would rip her apart for the fact that it's low key. Then they will say, they miss the old Madonna, the bigger than life Madonna, the huge spectacle. So like everything she has done or is doing at the moment she simply cannot do it right for some people. It's a schizophrenic situation. And people wonder why she never reads any reviews?

Quotes from some of the press reviews:

"However, the retro-techno-disco of MDNA doesn't even come close to wrest the blood-pumping sceptre of the current time-spirit from Lady Gaga's hands."

"Even the queen of self-promotion has to realize that others are playing the game in a more charming and modern way that Madonna."

"It is clear that Madonna is no longer the queen of contemporary pop. That role has been taken over by Lady Gaga, who is clearly inspired by Madonna, though."

"Madonna is entertaining and a sure hit when it comes to light pop songs. But Madonna's attempts at appearing provocative and piquant are most of all embarrassing."

Bitches pleaseeee..I bet these were "little Danish Monsters" aka aging homos.

That last sentence is ridiculous. Madonnas career is based on being provocative.

That last sentence is ridiculous. Madonnas career is based on being provocative.

According to the reviewer, Madonna is trying to be provocative, but comes across as embarrassing and desperate instead.

I don't agree, though I'm not really provoked by anything Madonna does. At least not in a negative way.

anything a woman does over 50, hell 40, seems "desperate" to people...when males do it at that age they r praised

so fuck u danish press, lol