GIRLS GONE WILD: TODAY AT NOON ET

Ai Papi Si.

Guest HaveASit

February 24, 2012

Single review: Madonna ‘Girls Gone Wild’ puts comeback back on track

Edward Daily

San Diego Music Examiner

Currently, San Diego’s Z93 is spinning “Give Me All Your Luvin’,” a song that has not gone down well with fans or the general public. Some have even called it Madonna’s worst song ever. That’s the bad news.

The good news: Madonna’s upcoming single, “Girls Gone Wild,” will not only put her comeback back on track, but will make listeners forget about “Give Me All Your Lovin’.” It is an absolute club banger and will rank up with “Vogue” and “Ray of Light” as one of Madonna’s best dance tracks.

The song begins with Madonna reciting some sort of prayer, before singing about being a good girl gone bad. There is no doubt that her misogynist critics will shout foul play against a 53-year-old woman singing about going wild. These are the same critics that probably praised Bruce Springsteen’s 2007 single “Girls in Their Summer Clothes,” even though Springsteen was four years older than Madonna when he released it.

However, there is a deeper meaning to the song—it is sort of autobiographical. It’s about a good catholic girl who decides she doesn’t want to play by the rules anymore. Does that sound familiar?

Madonna’s crisp vocals—very reminiscent of her 1993 hit “Deeper and Deeper,” get somewhat lost in the production at times. But it’s a production that is a definite winner. Those who thought Madonna lost her way after listening to “Give Me All Your Luvin’” will be pleased. “Girls Gone Wild” hasn’t officially been released yet, but you should start hearing it any day now.

Guest HaveASit

The good news: Madonna’s upcoming single, “Girls Gone Wild,” will not only put her comeback back on track, but will make listeners forget about “Give Me All Your Lovin’.” It is an absolute club banger and will rank up with “Vogue” and “Ray of Light” as one of Madonna’s best dance tracks.

However, there is a deeper meaning to the song—it is sort of autobiographical. It’s about a good catholic girl who decides she doesn’t want to play by the rules anymore. Does that sound familiar?

Madonna is BACK FOR GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 24, 2012

Edward Daily

San Diego Music Examiner

Currently, San Diego’s Z93 is spinning “Give Me All Your Luvin’,” a song that has not gone down well with fans or the general public. Some have even called it Madonna’s worst song ever. That’s the bad news.

The song begins with Madonna reciting some sort of prayer, before singing about being a good girl gone bad. There is no doubt that her misogynist critics will shout foul play against a 53-year-old woman singing about going wild. These are the same critics that probably praised Bruce Springsteen’s 2007 single “Girls in Their Summer Clothes,” even though Springsteen was four years older than Madonna when he released it.

Madonna’s crisp vocals—very reminiscent of her 1993 hit “Deeper and Deeper,” get somewhat lost in the production at times. But it’s a production that is a definite winner. Those who thought Madonna lost her way after listening to “Give Me All Your Luvin’” will be pleased. “Girls Gone Wild” hasn’t officially been released yet, but you should start hearing it any day now.

LOL.gif

February 24, 2012

Edward Daily

San Diego Music Examiner

other_preach_gif.gif

February 24, 2012

Edward Daily

San Diego Music Examiner

This sounds like nonsense to me. Not to mention, "crisp vocals"? The snippet we've heard is the opposite of "crisp vocals." And if they're "crisp," how can they get lost in the production? MESS.

This sounds like nonsense to me. Not to mention, "crisp vocals"? The snippet we've heard is the opposite of "crisp vocals." And if they're "crisp," how can they get lost in the production? MESS.

it's also a snippet and low quality

Who are these people exactly that remember the WIFLFAG video? :lol:

Now I think it's a different story if we were talking about Music.

I am one of those ppl. WIFLFAG is my favorite M video ever. The remixes, the original, all great!

February 24, 2012

Edward Daily

San Diego Music Examiner

I need it.

10887567.gif

I... I need it now.

who said it isn't?

Someone who heard it from the Madonnatribe forum.

He also said the part we hear in the megamix is the chorus and that the way the song leads into it is absolutely amazing.

Without hearing the bridges (and the verses) we can't have an idea of the song.