GIRLS GONE WILD: TODAY AT NOON ET

Ai Papi Si.

Wasn't there several versions of Celebration video with different music? I remember some fans were on some version(s).

There were 2 Celebration videos I think....one with Madonna and a fan version where fans danced to the remix. With many of them dressed as Madonna etc etc. I don't know about the "different music" you are talking about....the remix was used for both videos.

a video of the remix with just words? I'd rather they just wait until the video is ready and give us the single then,all at the same time.

Exactly.

We've waited all this time...another couple of weeks won't hurt.

Oh god, I hope it is just for the lyrics video. I don't mind another awesome remix, but from a marketing perspective it's not helpful to an album. After all, "WIFLFAG" and its remix release barely helped Music because the album version didn't sound anything like the video version.

Yeah that was a huge mistake on her part. She was riding high with "Music" and DTM, and not only did they use a remix for the video, but the video didn't get any airtime because of the content. And then we all know what happened with the fourth single. I swear Music was one of the biggest botch jobs in terms of singles and promotion. It could have been as big as ROL, if not bigger.

Yeah that was a huge mistake on her part. She was riding high with "Music" and DTM, and not only did they use a remix for the video, but the video didn't get any airtime because of the content. And then we all know what happened with the fourth single. I swear Music was one of the biggest botch jobs in terms of singles and promotion. It could have been as big as ROL, if not bigger.

But that's what's so cool about Madonna; she didn't fucking care about sales or chart positions. She messed around with an amazing album and experimented. We all know it's a great album, she had nothing to prove :)

Edited by Kydonna

However, artistically is was spot on choice. Its the best video from that album. Everybody still remembers it. Its fucking cool. And the remix is one of her best.

I feel GMAYL and MDNA will be more of her wanting to do whatever she wants..

Guest LeJazzHot!

Guys I wouldn't really take anything Madonnatribe says seriously regarding the single being postponed for a remix video with lyrics. If Benny Benassi has been teasing that the single will come out today and that it was being postponed to next week, don't you think He (or Guy) would say that themselves instead of us speculating?

But that's what's so cool about Madonna; she didn't fucking care about sales or chart positions. She messed around with an amazing album and experimented. We all know it's a great album, she had nothing to prove :)

Very good point.Madonna already had two Top 10 hits from that album (the title track and "Don't Tell Me") so maybe she said "Screw it....I'm gonna make the video that I WANT to make,and I don't care how the song does on the charts".I like that mindset.She truly has nothing to prove anyway.

Yeah, we always used to like to blame Warner but in reality I'm sure Madonna had as much to do with that stuff as WB. Obviously she cares about sales and charts to an extent but in a situation like the Music album where she had 2 massive singles and was then was pretty much getting prepared for DWT (her first in 8 years), I'm sure the reative underperformance of WIFLFAG was nothing to lose sleep over for her.

My only concern about possibly using a remix for the video for GGW is that this early in the run of the album it may not be good to confuse people. At least with Music, it had pretty much run it's course for the most part, WIFLFAG was only gonna do so much anyways. MDNA isn't even out yet so people are gonna buy it expecting the remix. Then again, I'm no marketing/PR expert so hopefully they will get it right. It just seems like anytime she does something like this (WIFLFAG, Celebration) the song suffers in performance, of course there could be 101 other reasons for that too. So....just wait n see I suppose!!

After thinking about it, perhaps premiering this early wouldn't be the best idea after all. The album is still over a month away and if it were to "fizzle" the way GMAYL has then we'd possibly be 3 singles in by the time the album comes out. Granted, that's not unusual these days but I'm old school, I like to let the songs "marinate" for a while so I can enjoy them proper! :)

Guest FrozenEyes

However, artistically is was spot on choice. Its the best video from that album. Everybody still remembers it. Its fucking cool. And the remix is one of her best.

Who are these people exactly that remember the WIFLFAG video? :lol:

Now I think it's a different story if we were talking about Music.

Maybe the remix they're talking about features BRITNEY.

I heard she recorded vocals for it from some source at popjustice who's supposed to be reliable..but then they decided not to use them. Maybe they changed their mind.

29cxgrd.gif

There were 2 Celebration videos I think....one with Madonna and a fan version where fans danced to the remix. With many of them dressed as Madonna etc etc. I don't know about the "different music" you are talking about....the remix was used for both videos.

I thought I'd seen a Felguk Remix video as well that came out a bit later but I can't find it on youtube.

I wasn't a fan of Benassi remix either but I think the original is pretty crap too.

As for WIFLFAG, it wasn't shown much as the guy was tazered at the cash machine, she pretended to shoot a cop, she drove her and her mother into a post and the old people's home was called 'Ol Kuntz' :p I'm surprised there's much love for it here given that it was directed by GR!

Re: GGW, I want a video mix like we got for OYH, PPP and EY. I love the fact they are unique and sometimes have sound effects on. Oddly, even when singles are remixed they tend to use the original version e.g. True Blue, LAP, LIB

So I checked Vevo and of course.. it's not there! Bag of shite. I'm imagining it's premiered in the evening US time. Would've been nice to know WHEN. Who likes hanging around all day waiting for stuff, they can fuck right off with that. There's more to life than new Madonna songs you know (but not much more).

Well, it's subjective, isn't it? I think DTM is a better video. WIFLFAG was an interesting video, but it's not great. And I'm not sure anyone remembers it besides us. Most people didn't even see it. I do like the remix, but it was the not the best way to present that song. If she wanted to put out something edgy and artistic, she should have just released "Impressive Instant" as the third single. And I don't think this album represents her doing whatever she wants. She hasn't done that since AL. That Madonna is long gone. GMAYL proves it.

Speaking of which, could this "remix" possibly be a single version with a guest on it for U.S. radio? That makes much more sense than premiering a single no one's ever even heard yet with a totally new mix.

Speaking of which, could this "remix" possibly be a single version with a guest on it for U.S. radio? That makes much more sense than premiering a single no one's ever even heard yet with a totally new mix.

I hope not. This already proove not succeed.

the remix they are using for the video could be one of the bonus tracks on the delux edition

This is the best scenario yeah.

Well, it's subjective, isn't it? I think DTM is a better video. WIFLFAG was an interesting video, but it's not great. And I'm not sure anyone remembers it besides us. Most people didn't even see it. I do like the remix, but it was the not the best way to present that song. If she wanted to put out something edgy and artistic, she should have just released "Impressive Instant" as the third single. And I don't think this album represents her doing whatever she wants. She hasn't done that since AL. That Madonna is long gone. GMAYL proves it.

I agree, but I think its great! And the remix was big hit here. Even non-fans loved it (and the video).

However GMAYL proves just the opposite. Sorry!

a single remix is a good idea, or else the people who pre-ordered the album will just get that track early too. And a lot of her videos are set to mixes, WIFLFAG and Celebration are extreme examples.

But it doesn't always work out in the end. What's being sent to radios and whats being promoted, isn't the remix/video version, but the album version. It's just too much confusion. They need to stick to one mix, that's it.

The possibilities:

- She is using a remix for the video.

- She is using a remix (with another featured artist *cough*Britney*cough*).

- She is just giving us a remix to not use the album version that will be released soon.

Any other guess?

The possibilities:

- She is just giving us a remix to not use the album version that will be released soon.

Any other guess?

Maybe they prefer to wait until the Oscars are done, knowing that's where all the media attention will be for the next couple days.

The possibilities:

Any other guess?

- She is messing the MDNA era