GGW VIDEO: TEASER ON FRIDAY

Guest Pud Whacker

And look what they did with Give It 2 Me - not only did they wait forever AGAIN, but that song was such a SHIT second single. Hello, BEAT GOES ON? I mean if Madonna is only gonna score hits with Justina Twinkerlake and Timberland Shoes, may as well have put out the song where she features Kanyego East.

Beat Goes On would have been a great follow-up to 4M... but maybe they got carried away with the reaction of M fans when they heard GI2M... fans were loving it even if it seemed recorded from a wall or something... anyone remember that?

Beat Goes On is amazing but Give It 2 Me was planned as 2nd single before we even heard it, even the video was filmed before.

I think the album was even supposed to be called Give It 2 Me!

I assume she wanted it to be a summer hit with her going on tour.

I don't know what it is but sometimes she has rather unusual choices for her second singles. Ok we all loved Hollywood and we all loved Give it 2 Me but they are more like third or fourth single in my eyes. After the AL scandal a single like Nothing Fails would have been better. Same with Beat Goes On, it would have been a bigger hit than GI2M. What about Bad Girl, she wanted it as the second single after Erotica...why? I mean I love the song to death but it's not exactly 2nd single material. Or What it feels like for a girl was considered a single right after Music. So random...Don't Tell Me was the obvious follow up. Let's see how Girls Gone Wild fits into this picture after we have heard the album.

Edited by Zdarlight

but everybody was in love with Hollywood when it appeared! I remember even Britney loved the song! and same with GI2M! people talking about gay comas! the Vogue of 2008!...I think they were well chosen as a second single:what I couldn´t understand was AL as the first (second...i want go there) instead of Nothing fails (which a lot of people, including me, loved, and it was presented as something similar to LAP).And, what I still can understand is, having Hollywood´s thin duke remix, how come is not that the version on the album!!!!!!

Beat Goes On is amazing but Give It 2 Me was planned as 2nd single before we even heard it, even the video was filmed before.

I think the album was even supposed to be called Give It 2 Me!

I assume she wanted it to be a summer hit with her going on tour.

GI2M was planned as the second single, but Beat goes on was in the sticker on the album´s cover...

but everybody was in love with Hollywood when it appeared! I remember even Britney loved the song! and same with GI2M! people talking about gay comas! the Vogue of 2008!...I think they were well chosen as a second single:what I couldn´t understand was AL as the first (second...i want go there) instead of Nothing fails (which a lot of people, including me, loved, and it was presented as something similar to LAP).And, what I still can understand is, having Hollywood´s thin duke remix, how come is not that the version on the album!!!!!!

Right, I understand that. I was and am in love Hollywood, too. In fact, it's probably in my top 3 favourite M songs ever. But after radio stations didn't really embrace AL, I just think NF would have been a smarter choice after that, that's all. Hollywood is amazing but not really for clubs or whatever. The production is "minimalistic" (lack of a better word).

Anyway, this is way off topic now. :) I can't wait to hear GGW in full and HOPE the part from the first leaked snippet outside her house is still part of the song.

Regarding this "buzz single" business, they do exist, and it is indeed done, but GMAYL was not an example of it. Buzz singles typically aren't serviced to radio with official add dates like GMAYL, and they certainly aren't promoted via press release as the "first single." Sometimes they have videos, but usually they don't. And if they do, they're not previewed on American Idol. Now, if Interscope wants to pretend that it was just a "buzz single," that's a different story. Labels have tried to pull that before. Just because a song underperforms doesn't make it a buzz single!

And Interscope does operate differently than WB. This will be the first instance that M has a second single (in which the lead single wasn't a soundtrack cut) out in advance of the album in her career. And it's not like she hasn't head lead singles that peaked quickly- "Erotica" certainly didn't perform like the lead singles that preceded it, losing its chart bullet in just its third week on the Hot 100. It was a shocker for that time when it dropped from No. 3 to 5 and never regained its footing.

If I'm recalling correctly (I was only 13 at the time), radio started playing DAD before or around the time the album dropped, didn't they? I remember hearing that "Bad Girl" was planned as the second single, but when radio abandoned "Erotica" and started playing DAD, WB obliged. I actually think that's partly WHY "Erotica" dropped so fast. Radio wanted to play a different song.

On a side note, I tried to look this up on http://themadonnabbarchives.com, which has always been very useful but the domain wasn't renewed and now it's no longer there. I think a user on AbsMad runs it? It's a shame since it was great week-by-week chart info.

Edited by vocalism

"Deeper and Deeper" entered the Hot 100 dated 12/5/92; the Erotica album debuted on the Billboard 200 dated 11/7/92. So, no, radio was not playing "Deeper and Deeper" when the album was released. "Erotica" faded as fast as it did because it had negative listener reaction. The audience wanted poppier Madonna, and so it got it with "Deeper and Deeper."

Right, I understand that. I was and am in love Hollywood, too. In fact, it's probably in my top 3 favourite M songs ever. But after radio stations didn't really embrace AL, I just think NF would have been a smarter choice after that, that's all. Hollywood is amazing but not really for clubs or whatever. The production is "minimalistic" (lack of a better word).

Anyway, this is way off topic now. :) I can't wait to hear GGW in full and HOPE the part from the first leaked snippet outside her house is still part of the song.

reminds me of the production of GMAYL. I love both. Lyrically they have similarities too.."change the channel" vs "every record sounds the same". Brilliant.

Regarding this "buzz single" business, they do exist, and it is indeed done, but GMAYL was not an example of it. Buzz singles typically aren't serviced to radio with official add dates like GMAYL, and they certainly aren't promoted via press release as the "first single." Sometimes they have videos, but usually they don't. And if they do, they're not previewed on American Idol. Now, if Interscope wants to pretend that it was just a "buzz single," that's a different story. Labels have tried to pull that before. Just because a song underperforms doesn't make it a buzz single!

If I'm recalling correctly (I was only 13 at the time), radio started playing DAD before or around the time the album dropped, didn't they? I remember hearing that "Bad Girl" was planned as the second single, but when radio abandoned "Erotica" and started playing DAD, WB obliged. I actually think that's partly WHY "Erotica" dropped so fast. Radio wanted to play a different song.

On a side note, I tried to look this up on http://themadonnabbarchives.com, which has always been very useful but the domain wasn't renewed and now it's no longer there. I think a user on AbsMad runs it? It's a shame since it was great week-by-week chart info.

That can't be right. DAD was released in Oct 2002 for the film's launch in November. AL didn't drop as an album until the following April.

As for 'Hollywood', I'm surprised at the love for it. I remember before it was released the hype saying it was some amazing Madonna song and when it dropped everyone was like 'is that it?'. I understand some will love it but to me the original is one of the dreariest singles she's released. Nothing Fails should have been the first song in the UK as that was being picked up by radio. AL killed the project.

As for Hard Candy, I think the album artwork was a big letdown and a hot mess. GI2M did well in the UK (and I love it) but Beat Goes On should have been the follow up. The project just seemed all over the place. She performed Candy Shop live at promotional events which we know she really loved but polarised fans ( :p ) and she didn't do that much promo (for obvious reasons).

As for GGW, they really need a killer song to launch the album but I do find the clip more a third or fourth single. Hard to tell but it's lacking oomph!

^ "Deeper and Deeper," not "Die Another Day"! Context clues!

"Deeper and Deeper" entered the Hot 100 dated 12/5/92; the Erotica album debuted on the Billboard 200 dated 11/7/92. So, no, radio was not playing "Deeper and Deeper" when the album was released. "Erotica" faded as fast as it did because it had negative listener reaction. The audience wanted poppier Madonna, and so it got it with "Deeper and Deeper."

Yes, but singles couldn't debut on the Hot 100 until they were released commercially. Airplay began earlier. It might not have started before the album dropped, but it was no later than release week. I definitely remember hearing them playing it as soon as they got their hands on the album. At least in NYC. I miss those days.

Well, yeah, it's possible a station here and another there played "Deeper and Deeper" right when the album was released. It debuted in the bottom portion of the 11/14/92 Hot 100 Airplay chart (when H100 Airplay was just top 40 mainstream and top 40/rhythm-crossover stations, meaning a lot less audience impressions were required to hit the chart).

The main point was that radio dropped "Erotica" because of the poor reception. It lost its airplay bullet in its third week (the 10/31/92 chart) and never recaptured it.

The great thing about the CC airplay promo for GMAYL was that it was the closest we're going to get to the old days when a Madonna single was a radio event. New Madonna songs didn't get heavy play in their first week because listeners loved the song (the research isn't done for those things in the first week)- but because it was MADONNA and any of her releases were anticipated heavily. Interscope did a good job in making GMAYL an event single, tying it to the Super Bowl (with Madonna's recorded message that followed each play of GMAYL, saying to watch her perform the song at the SB).

^GGW is a second single, and there was discussion of past second singles. You know how things veer off to other stuff in topics.

When there's actual news on the video, it will dominate the conversation. :p

hopefully madonna's second single choice was turn up the radio, lol ( i hated Hollywood & Give It 2 Me as second singles)

the video should be done by now, it only takes two to three days of shooting

its the editing that seems to take a month!!! i hope its not embarrassing inducing- i love u Madonna - but enough trying to act young...and i'm all for your age, but i seen the video work of the directors and it is odd, hopefully they do that!!!

Guest ditaluver

en-10445.jpg

Exclusive details on Madonna’s “Girls Gone Wild” – Music & Video

Yesterday, website HitsDailyDouble posted a rumour that said VEVO would release a lyric video of Madonna’s new single “Girls Gone Wild”.

After all the gossip and doubt, Madonnarama can finally confirm that it’s true!

A VEVO spokesperson told Madonnarama…

As of right now, we are planning to premiere the lyric video to Madonna’s new single “Girls Gone Wild” tomorrow on VEVO

We can also give you a taste of what it’s like!

“Girls Gone Wild” opens up the way “Like a Prayer” (the album) closes: with an “Act of Contrition” spoken by Madonna.

The snippet included in the iHeartRadio MDNA megamix doesn’t really do the song justice.

The beat of this song is simply insane!

It’s the most danceable pop song you’ve ever heard!

We can expect the remixes to kill everything.

It’s all about a good girl wanting to have fun on the dance floor (“in the zone”) accepting her status of bad girl… and it’s a little autobiographical too: “I know good girls don’t misbehave, but I’m a bad girl anyway”.

Still, towards the end, Madonna whispers “Forgive me”…

Read more: http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/02/23/exclusive-details-on-madonnas-girls-gone-wild-music-video/#ixzz1nEwd4dsG

Yesterday, website HitsDailyDouble posted a rumour that said VEVO would release a lyric video of Madonna’s new single “Girls Gone Wild”.

As of right now, we are planning to premiere the lyric video to Madonna’s new single “Girls Gone Wild” tomorrow on VEVO

“Girls Gone Wild” opens up the way “Like a Prayer” (the album) closes: with an “Act of Contrition” spoken by Madonna.

The snippet included in the iHeartRadio MDNA megamix doesn’t really do the song justice.

It’s all about a good girl wanting to have fun on the dance floor (“in the zone”) accepting her status of bad girl… and it’s a little autobiographical too: “I know good girls don’t misbehave, but I’m a bad girl anyway”.

Read more: http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/02/23/exclusive-details-on-madonnas-girls-gone-wild-music-video/#ixzz1nEwd4dsG

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! I fucking luv Madonna! I will ALWAYS stand by her side and enjoy the incredible music she gifts me with! I'm very lucky to be alive while she's still ruling the dance floor :D

en-10445.jpg

OMFG.

we get to hear the song TOMORROW.

:dramatic:

Girls Gone Wild is SHIT and has that tired, played out Guetta sound. She sounds mechanic trying to navigate through the "Hey yeah eh" part and the whole thing is just an embarrassment. I don't have any issues with Madonna's age, but I think at this point in her career, with everything she has experienced, she could come up with something a little bit better and more insightful. Because when she tries to be trendy she goes nowhere.

Girls Gone Wild is SHIT and has that tired, played out Guetta sound. She sounds mechanic trying to navigate through the "Hey yeah eh" part and the whole thing is just an embarrassment. I don't have any issues with Madonna's age, but I think at this point in her career, with everything she has experienced, she could come up with something a little bit better and more insightful. Because when she tries to be trendy she goes nowhere.

You haven't even heard the damn song