MDNA Album Thread

IslandBreeze

If GMAYL was a smash hit, i'm sure many of us wouldn't have hated it as much!

Yeah and if it had been BETTER it would be a smash hit.

All she had to do is more promo, I know you can't get bigger than Super Bowl but that means nothing in Europe!

What promo did "Hung Up" or "4 Minutes" have in Europe (prior to the physical release) that "GMAYL" didn't have? Oh yeah, they had airplay because radio DJ's actually liked those songs. She didn't even perform those songs in Europe until around the album release...and they were already huge hits by then.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

If GMAYL was a smash hit, i'm sure many of us wouldn't have hated it as much!

I think what you're TRYING to say is "DELUDE" ourselves into liking it because it's a new hit Madonna single. Surely no one ACTUALLY does that? :manson: A turd is a turd, hit or no hit.

If the song continues to do well, i wouldn't be surpsied because it is catchy, however, if it has in fact peaked, that won't surprise me either, because the song is shit, even if it is catchy.

All she had to do is more promo

115 million people saw her perform GMAB. That's pretty much 5 years worth of promo.

where are all the GMAYL remixes to be released etc? This doesn't seem normal at all!

What will a remix do?

I love how some of you are freaking out, claiming this song is flopping after a week, when there are a couple cards stacked against her right now. Sure, it didn't hit top ten, but first off, a lot songs do not even debut as high as hers did last week. Secondly, Whitney Houston's death is definitely going to take people's mind off of Madonna along with a lot of others who have been selling well. Last, the Grammys also play a huge part and of course, anyone featured on the show will get a boost. We all knew Adele was going to get a lot of attention this week. If you take away all the Whitney songs (and hell, there are a lot), Madonna's song among others would be up higher right now on ITUNES. In the end, Whitney's songs will not make a dent to her HOT 100 position and other current charts.

Let's give this some time. Hit songs with longevity just don't debut at top 10. Most of her hit songs debuted much lower and reach the top 10 if not the top spot after several weeks on the charts. Some of you need to chill and just enjoy. Madonna doesn't need to be out promoting this song anymore than she's done already. A true hit song will gain momentum itself as many of her past hits have.

Why is it so important to be groundbreaking? If I were a 53yo pop icon with kids and all the $$$, being groundbreaking would be the LAST thing that I'd want to do. What's the POINT of looking for underground producers? just for the sake of doing it? I'm sorry but M's not Gaga, who always tries sooooo hard to be different. Why don't just make a fun dance record that can support the new tour? If you want Introspedonna, just put on Ray of Light and enjoy it!

Introspedonna! :D

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I love how some of you are freaking out, claiming this song is flopping after a week.

Meh, not freaking out, just talking is all. Maybe the song will gain, i dunno, i don't really care either way really. I just find some peoples logic behind it a bit odd. Not enough promo???? really? come on now.

Secondly, Whitney Houston's death is definitely going to take people's mind off of Madonna along with a lot of others who have been selling well.

It's not affecting Adele :dazed:

So Mariah had 9/11 to blame for Glitter flopping and now Madonna has Whitney to blame for GMAB flopping?

Now, now, let's not become the very people we laugh at.

I'm like

Hey yeah yeah

Hey yeah yeah

I'm like the

Gays gone vile

Like the gays gone vile

Gays they just wanna suck some dick

Lick on it till it's nice and stiff

Cum all over their face and neck

Gays they just wanna suck some dick

Meh, not freaking out, just talking is all. Maybe the song will gain, i dunno, i don't really care either way really. I just find some peoples logic behind it a bit odd. Not enough promo???? really? come on now.

It's not affecting Adele :dazed:

So Mariah had 9/11 to blame for Glitter flopping and now Madonna has Whitney to blame for GMAB flopping?

Now, now, let's not become the very people we laugh at.

Umm, I didn't blame anyone for GMAYL flopping. I don't view it as flopping. Also, Adele just won multiple grammys. As stated, we knew Adele would most likely be Madonna's competition on the charts. But even before the Grammys last night, her current single dropped a few spots in the top 10 Itunes. Now that she won those grammys, her albums and singles are gaining a lot of attention. And 9/11 wasn't a musical artist. That event is a ridiculous and absurd comparison.

I love how some of you are freaking out, claiming this song is flopping after a week, when there are a couple cards stacked against her right now.

I don't think anyone has threatened to kill themselves over this. A disagreement over the success (or lack thereof) of a pop single is not a "freak out." It's a debate involving facts and opinions which happens from time to time on a Madonna board. At least we're not all LAMBS swooning in the vapors of our goddess that too afraid to call a spade a spade.

Why is it so important to be groundbreaking? If I were a 53yo pop icon with kids and all the $$$, being groundbreaking would be the LAST thing that I'd want to do. What's the POINT of looking for underground producers? just for the sake of doing it? I'm sorry but M's not Gaga, who always tries sooooo hard to be different. Why don't just make a fun dance record that can support the new tour? If you want Introspedonna, just put on Ray of Light and enjoy it!

She doesn't need to be groundbreaking but at least creative. Even though she is 53. And she should fucking stop asking Lourdes and Rocco for advice.

115 million people saw her perform GMAB. That's pretty much 5 years worth of promo.

so true

everyone and their mother knew m had a song out

in the us it was shoved down people's throats for days

with clear channel stations spinning it every hour and the video getting huge exposure worldwide

blaming promo is ridiculous

My question is with millions involved around her , they couldnt do a public opinion/marketing research ? before and after the song leaked

Unless GuyO and M's team are blind (they r deaf for sure ) they would know that even the fans thought the song was meh ...

Guest ditaluver

Does anybody knows why she didnt perform at the Grammys?

my guess is she kicked everyones ass at the superbowl a week prior?

i mean. really..she isnt a robot.

im convinced GMAYL is/was for Superbowl purposes only

my guess is she kicked everyones ass at the superbowl a week prior?

i mean. really..she isnt a robot.

im convinced GMAYL is/was for Superbowl purposes only

Another possible reason: Nicki Minaj was already scheduled to perform (her own song) at the Grammys and M.I.A seems to be laying low at the moment.

the vibe around the album is still good and I think Interscope still has big plans :thumbsup: some fans may be panicked because a so-so charting lead single off a Warner album would have meant singles w/o videos, "#1 in club play", Gap commercials etc but I don't see things headed that way at all.

I don't think anyone has threatened to kill themselves over this. A disagreement over the success (or lack thereof) of a pop single is not a "freak out." It's a debate involving facts and opinions which happens from time to time on a Madonna board. At least we're not all LAMBS swooning in the vapors of our goddess that too afraid to call a spade a spade.

I don't think I even remotely said or insinuated anything like that. The fact is... the song has only been out for a little more than week, and it debuted at #13 when most songs debut much lower than that. Some people are convinced now since the song has dropped on the Itune charts... oh good grief... it dropped to #18 when at least 14 of those songs above GMAYL are either songs/artists that performed at the Grammys or Whitney Houston tracks. In fact, five of the songs are Whitney Houston while three others are Adele's. I'd say if you discount the Whitney's songs and at least the two older tracks from Adele, Madonna would easily be in the top 10 still.

And to be honest, it's a nice change to know that one of Madonna songs has so far peaked higher than UK. Not that I don't want her to do well in UK but it's nice to see Madonna getting maximize exposure in U.S. again. And I suspect, with the fact Madonna is going to film a new video in the next week or so, tells us, she's planning to unleash a follow up single around the time the album drops.

She can absolutely still set trends. She can find some unknown talented producer and work with him and make a kick ass album. She find some world music producer, or some underground techno producer, or dabble with all sorts of musical sounds. She can always come up with good melodies and write good lyrics if she puts effort into it. Fans always appreciate a good quality album (like Ray of Light - those were not such catchy songs yet the music was brilliant).

That's what she use to do. It should always be the game plan to work with unknowns with their own sound ala Mirwais.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/02/13/short-news-madonna-world-tour-2012-charts-nicki-romero-w-e-marseille-and-more/

First week in the charts with a digital release only…

Finland – 1

Italy – 2

Netherlands – 2

Greece – 2

Spain – 2

Sweden (Digital) – 2

Belgium (Wallonia) – 3

France – 4

Belgium (Flanders) – 6

Canada – 11

Ireland – 11

US – 13

Denmark – 16

Australia – 25

Source: worldcharts.co.uk

Guest groovyguy

http://www.dancingastronaut.com/2012/02/nicky-romero-remix-madonna-give-me-all-your-luvin-previe/

Nicky Romero is back with a remix of Madonna’s “Give Me All Your Luvin’”

Listen to the remix preview here

Download Preview here

nicky_romero-600x400.jpg

On the heels of his successful and highly-touted “Generation 303” release, Nicky Romero is already back with a preview for his remix of “Give Me All Your Luvin.’” The Dutch producer takes Madonna’s sugary-sweet pop track and turns it into a devilish electro demon. The song starts off slow but builds into a techy-electro drop using well-developed synths and a lively bass line. Romero doesn’t seem to have any plans for slowing down and we can’t wait to see what he comes up with next as each production is different from the last. This type of versatility lends itself to a long and successful career — we hope he keeps it up.

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/02/13/short-news-madonna-world-tour-2012-charts-nicki-romero-w-e-marseille-and-more/

First week in the charts with a digital release only…

Finland – 1

Italy – 2

Netherlands – 2

Greece – 2

Spain – 2

Sweden (Digital) – 2

Belgium (Wallonia) – 3

France – 4

Belgium (Flanders) – 6

Canada – 11

Ireland – 11

US – 13

Denmark – 16

Australia – 25

Source: worldcharts.co.uk

Australia off the tour (sword swoop sound) :lol:

I don't think they are here for hit singles this era. It's quite obvious that GMAYL just serves as an event single, one that throws M back to the spotlight. All the press release/song/video were released on the same day. There wouldn't be any legs to sustain the longevity of the performance of this song, regardless of its quality. Yes, if the first single were stronger, it would probably perform a little bit better, but I don't think a song's quality really determines the fate of the single. Let's not act like every current hit single is a GOOD song.

Just give as a kickass album and tour. She has nothing else to prove on the charts.

Guest bluejean

I don't think a song's quality really determines the fate of the single. Let's not act like every current hit single is a GOOD song.

People always say this although I can't help but disagree. Sure you have good songs that don't top the charts and you have some crappy novelty ones (Sexy and I know it) that top the charts. But generally for a song to do well it has to appeal to alot of people. GMAYL does NOT have that appeal, that's the bottom line. Without Madonna's name attached to it, let alone all the hype and payola its received it would have flopped entirely because its not a strong single choice. Certainly there are ways and means of a record label forcing a song onto the public but that is what theyve tried to do with this song and it hasnt really worked.

Martin Solveig IS Dr. Luke WANNABE.William Orbit ONLY MADE ONE GOOD ALBUM 14 YEARS AGO.

free copies will not be eligible to us charts

On UK Ticketmaster the album is an optional extra - you add it to the cost of your ticket. We don't get them free!

i also think those copies are not eligible to UK chart.

mdna will be a huge flop.

Martin Solveig IS Dr. Luke WANNABE.William Orbit ONLY MADE ONE GOOD ALBUM 14 YEARS AGO.

free copies will not be eligible to us charts

i also think those copies are not eligible to UK chart.

mdna will be a huge flop.

But then why is it #1 in 54 countries without even being out?