MDNA Album Thread

IslandBreeze

so they said 'girl gone wild' is not the only title on the album that was changed...

"As for Madonna changing the name of the song to "Girl Gone Wild," Oseary says they've been tweaking the album for weeks, and decided to make the word "Girl" singular because that's the way Madonna sings it in the song.

Oseary says they have tweaked other titles on the album as well."

http://www.facebook.com/WilliamOrbit

William Orbit

Would you like me to share a couple of insights on 'MDNA' tomorrow night?

2 hours ago

Thanks as always GG!

He's really the sounding board for people's disappointment and frustration. Some of the less hysterical comments I can't help but agree with. I'm sure William has a tough skin by now, but that can't be easy.

Guest Xanthium

Ow wow, very cool that Madonna is working with Kazaky! Their music is lame but they are such fabulous dancers and so fierce. I love that they are so fucking GAY :lol:

so they said 'girl gone wild' is not the only title on the album that was changed...

"As for Madonna changing the name of the song to "Girl Gone Wild," Oseary says they've been tweaking the album for weeks, and decided to make the word "Girl" singular because that's the way Madonna sings it in the song.

Oseary says they have tweaked other titles on the album as well."

i believe him... just look at GMAYL, several title tweaking... Bang Bang to Gang Bang... Girls Gone Wild to Girl Gone Wild makes sense, it's obviously she sings singularly during the title... MADONNA is not afraid of this Joe Francis

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6618

Would you like WO to share some insights on MDNA tomorrow night?

William Orbit will be guest editing the BBC World Services arts programme "The Strand" tomorrow, Wednesday February 29, live from the Bush House in The Strand, London.

Today William teased fans on his Facebook page asking:

Would you like me to share a couple of insights on 'MDNA' tomorrow night?.

The broadcast goes out live tomorrow at 10 PM GMT (11 PM CET, 5 PM EST).

BBC iPlayer

The Strand is a daily 18 minute programme highlighting the best of what's going in the arts.

Wide-ranging and with eclectic interests, The Strand reflects the artistic response to the BBC's news agen… [ read more ]

Programmes: on BBC iPlayer

MadonnaTribe has an exciting and exclusive update on the new Madonna album at less than one month from its March 26 release.

You've just read it in this news' title, the MDNA tracklisting welcomes a track called "Best Friend".

"Best Friend" is a brand new song co-produced by Benny Benassi and it will be exclusive to the Deluxe Edition of the new record.

And there is more to report, first of all the news that the Deluxe Edition is confirmed to have 17 tracks - but only one is a remix, four extra tracks are all brand new songs!

arrow.pngAs you already know MDNA will be published in two different formats. The Standard edition is confirmed to include 12 tracks, 4 more new songs and the "Party Rock Remix" of Give Me All Your Luvin' will be exclusive to the Deluxe Edition.

arrow.pngThe physical release of the "MDNA" Deluxe Edition will be a 2 CD set. Disc One will be the same of the Standard edition, and the bonus tracks will be available on Disc Two.

arrow.pngOverall, 5 songs in the new album are produced by William Orbit, and 7 tracks are signed by Martin Solveig.

Benny and Alle Benassi were know as the contributors of two songs, but "Best Friend" brings their share up to 3.

The last song in the lot is produced by Hardy "Indiigo" Muanza. And Madonna, of course.

arrow.pngThere have been small tweaks in both the song titles and the tracklist, the latter does not appear exactly as the one listed in the pre-order page on iTunes. "Girl Gone Wild" is now listed with the new title, but more importantly there has been a swap between two songs in the Standard and Deluxe edition.

arrow.png"B-day Song" will now be exclusive to the Deluxe Edition. Please note that the song does include a featuring by "M.I.A.".

arrow.pngOn the other hand, "Love Spent" leaves the tracklist of the Deluxe Edition to join that of the Standard release.

The tracklist is still considered subject to change as manufacturing of the physical release has not started yet, leaving a window open to last minute changes."

Although I know nothing about the songs, I have this feeling that switching Love Spent and B-day song is a good move. Not that it matters as I will buy both versions of the cd.

arrow.png[/i]Overall, 5 songs in the new album are produced by William Orbit, and 7 tracks are signed by Martin Solveig.

Benny and Alle Benassi were know as the contributors of two songs, but "Best Friend" brings their share up to 3.

The last song in the lot is produced by Hardy "Indiigo" Muanza. And Madonna, of course.

Uhnn.. Martin said he produced 6 tracks.. too bad that Orbit isn't the head of the album anymore. Maybe at first she choose Orbit by trust but eventually she got excited by the Martin songs. Who knows.

Guest groovyguy

arrow.png[/i]Overall, 5 songs in the new album are produced by William Orbit, and 7 tracks are signed by Martin Solveig.

Unless 1 Orbit's song is removed and replaced by Solveig's song, there are 6 songs by Orbit and 6 songs by Solveig.

http://www.facebook.com/WilliamOrbit

Gang Bang, Some Girls, I'm a Sinner, Masterpiece, Falling Free, Love Spent

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/66323390.html

We were supposed to work on one or two tracks, but we ended up working together on six tracks “Turn-up The radio”, “I Don’t Give a”, “I Fucked up”, “Beautiful Killer” and “B-Day Song”….

1. Girl Gone Wild* - Benny Benassi /Madonna

2. Gang Bang - William Orbit/Madonna

3. I’m Addicted – Beny Benassi

4. Some Girls - William Orbit/Madonna

5. I Don’t Give A - Martin Solveig/Madonna

6. Turn Up the Radio* - Martin Solveig/Madonna

7. Give Me All Your Luvin’* - Martin Solveig/Madonna

8. Love Spent* William Orbit/Madonna; Written by Madonna/Priscilla Renea

9. Superstar - Hardy "Indiigo" Muanza / Madonna

10. I’m a Sinner - William Orbit/Madonna

11. Masterpiece* - William Orbit/Madonna; Written by Madonna, Julie Frost and Jimmy Harry

12. Falling Free - William Orbit/Madonna Written by Laurie Mayer

xxxxx

13. B-day Song* - Martin Solveig/Madonna

14. I Fucked Up - Martin Solveig/Madonna

15. Beautiful Killer - Martin Solveig/Madonna

16. Best Friend - Benny Benassi /Madonna

17. GMAYL - Party Rock Remix Ft. Nicki Minaj & LMFAO

According to this, the standard has 6 Orbit's songs, 3 Solveig's songs, 2 Benassi's songs, and 1 Indigo's song.

Deluxe has 3 more Solveig's songs, 1 Benassi's song and 1 GMAYL Remix.

Guest groovyguy

no word on the 18th track that was supposed to be downloaded immediately during the 4-day pre-order period?

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/01/29/mdna-the-official-press-release/

iTunes will offer an exclusive global pre-order of an 18 track Deluxe Edition of MDNA including one exclusive remix from Madonna’s new album. The bonus remix will be available from Friday, February 3rd through Monday, February 6th only. During this time period the album will be available for $9.99 and fans will also receive the digital single “Give Me All Your Luvin’” immediately. This single is also exclusive to iTunes during this limited time. At launch, the offer can be found at www.iTunes.com/Madonna.

It's the bonus for the pre-order between Feb 3rd and Feb 6th. It will be available on March 26th. It is GMAYL that was available immediately upon purchase.

Rumor has it that the bonus track is a GGW Remix.

Guest ditaluver

Madonnarama gives you an exciting and exclusive preview on what to expect from Madonna’s new album, MDNA…

Madonna teams up with William Orbit for I’m a Sinner.”

For sure, the track has WØ written all over it!

The song’s a catchy happy sexy delightfully psychedelic 60′s-inspired pop song in the continuity of William Orbit’s previous creations with Madonna.

Oddly it opens up the same way “Die Another Day” did, but takes a very different and familiar direction… Think “Beautiful Stranger” meets “Ray of Light”, and believe it or not, the sound remains very fresh and new!

The lyrics are fun and serious at the same time, with Madonna taking responsibility for being a sinner, even saying she likes it.

She cites saints (Jesus, Mary, St Christopher, …) and talks bible.

Stay tuned for more exclusive Madonnarama reports on what to expect from MDNA!

Read more: http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/02/28/madonnas-mdna-what-to-expect-from-the-song-im-a-sinner-exclusive/#ixzz1nhESp0Be

song “I’m a Sinner” – EXCLUSIVE

Madonnarama gives you an exciting and exclusive preview on what to expect from Madonna’s new album, MDNA…

Madonna teams up with William Orbit for “I’m a Sinner.”

The song’s a catchy happy sexy delightfully psychedelic 60′s-inspired pop song in the continuity of William Orbit’s previous creations with Madonna.

Oddly it opens up the same way “Die Another Day” did, but takes a very different and familiar direction… Think “Beautiful Stranger” meets “Ray of Light”, and believe it or not, the sound remains very fresh and new!

The lyrics are fun and serious at the same time, with Madonna taking responsability for being a sinner, even saying she likes it.

She cites saints (Jesus, Mary, St Christopher, …) and talks bible.

Read more: http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/02/28/madonnas-mdna-what-to-expect-from-the-song-im-a-sinner-exclusive/#ixzz1nhEp0nWD

Madonna teams up with William Orbit for I’m a Sinner.”

The lyrics are fun and serious at the same time, with Madonna taking responsibility for being a sinner, even saying she likes it. She cites saints (Jesus, Mary, St Christopher, …) and talks bible.

Read more: http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/02/28/madonnas-mdna-what-to-expect-from-the-song-im-a-sinner-exclusive/#ixzz1nhESp0Be

oh good!! Another song that sounds like other songs!! And another song on the SAME ALBUM which Madonna claims she is a sinner and likes it!! Will this theme replace the obsession with time and dancing from the last 2 albums?

Guest Xanthium

"B-day Song" will now be exclusive to the Deluxe Edition. Please note that the song does include a featuring by "M.I.A.".

Hmmmmm I wonder if this is punishment for the Super Bowl? :p