Madonna to perform at Super Bowl! now official!

laroux22

If ur not interested in the movie that's fine 2, don't go and c it...personally I'm not that excited about the superbowl.

I just don't get the people who expect M 2 do what they want...surely u must have gotten that memo by 1992. :fag:

:rolleyes: at the people calling W.E. a flop or dismissing it as a vanity project.

I know what you are saying, but that doesn't mean we as fans have to care about the movie or blindly accept music that is sub par.

I am interested to see this movie, but nowhere near as much as an album or a tour. I want the album to be good, I think that's normal if you're a fan of a music artist.

I personally rarely watch movies at all, they bore me. I appreciate the artistic merit and time and effort put into them and I'm not going to trash the movie without even seeing it. Just because I'm a fan of her music doesn't mean I owe her any respect whatsoever and should worship every project she is involved with just because its hers. If she wants to do movies and then slap together half arsed music I'd rather she just sticks to movies really.

I can continue to enjoy the years of great music she's already done.

:clap:

IKR. She's 57 now, don't you think she's a bit bored of the old grind of yore? Naturally she wants to do other things, so I don't know what people's expecations are. Though somewhat prolific, she was never just a hits making machine a la Mariah Carey.

It was the same for QoL Mick Jagger, he experimented with his solo projects and tried acting, as did Bowie. It's difficult being tied to a brand, people get bored. There's more to life than pop music you know (but not much more).

Sad right?

Yes it is. I admire her music and always there's an excitement when she unleashes a new studio album but this era her whole mindset is on that movie thingie. The new album is just a side dish. If it wasn't for her manager we likely wouldn't have gotten that Superbowl performance (excellent promo for her new music).

IKR. She's 57 now, don't you think she's a bit bored of the old grind of yore? Naturally she wants to do other things, so I don't know what people's expecations are. Though somewhat prolific, she was never just a hits making machine a la Mariah Carey.

It was the same for QoL Mick Jagger, he experimented with his solo projects and tried acting, as did Bowie. It's difficult being tied to a brand, people get bored. There's more to life than pop music you know (but not much more).

OMG QOL MICK JAGGER :dramatic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGBGWU-50ms

I totally wanna recreate this performance with Suedehead, the true QUEEN OF POP....who refused 2 perform at the Super Cup 'cuz people eat hot dogs there.. :fag:

Yes it is. I admire her music and always there's an excitement when she unleashes a new studio album but this era her whole mindset is on that movie thingie. The new album is just a side dish. If it wasn't for her manager we likely wouldn't have gotten that Superbowl performance (excellent promo for her new music).

Well look, one could say that the albums are a side dish anyway regardless now that her focus is on tour. So shut up and go and watch some Patty Duke!

If ur not interested in the movie that's fine 2, don't go and c it...personally I'm not that excited about the superbowl.

I just don't get the people who expect M 2 do what they want...surely u must have gotten that memo by 1992. :fag:

:rolleyes: at the people calling W.E. a flop or dismissing it as a vanity project.

Thank you.

I, too, have waited patiently for the Queen's return; however . . .

As a performing musician, I, for one, can understand her current reluctance. She has spent 3 years doing intense and exhaustive research for this film, invested millions of her own money, and put her own music career on hold to make it happen. Excuse the pun, but W.E. truly is her masterpiece. This isn't just some little vanity project. If you haven't noticed from the previews, it looks absolutely stunning. Have seen how happy she's looked at each of the premieres? Just positively GLOWING. Do any of you have any clue how incomprehensibly difficult it is to make a movie, let alone a period piece of this nature? This movie is the product of her blood, sweat, and tears over most of the last five years and is immensely important to her. She has given the last 3 decades of her life, 11 albums, and numerous HUGE hits to all of the trifling queens who are bitching about this movie.

As an artist, have you ever given absolutely everything you had to a creative project hoping that it will flourish in its own way and resonate substantively with its audience?

Well, if you haven't, I would like to kindly ask you to shut the fuck up, and as someone once wisely sang, sit your ass down.

Well, I love you. :bow:

Guest bluejean

Of course, SHE can do whatever she wants, its her life and if she chose to quit music all together there would be even greater outrage but that is her prerogative to do whatever she wants. Just as it is her fans prerogative to express disappointment or their opinions on whatever she does. I don't see what the big problem is or why everyone has some obligation to be more understanding of her need to do a movie and the amount of time/effort put into it. Her needs don't matter to us, since we're not her. And vice versa.

As for you not being that excited about the Superbowl :shock:

Guest bluejean

And one other thing I want to add, I'm not even convinced doing this movie has anything to do with the quality of the music. She's always juggled projects.

If the album comes out and its not very good I would put it down to her being uninspired rather than lazy.

The fact that the 1st single isn't very good is an indication of poor management if anything and it could actually indicate that Warner wasn't so useless afterall. But as everyone keeps saying "let's wait until we hear the final song" :lol:

or calling it "pretentious" because it looks "too good". :doh:

I almost feel sorry for M

the superbowl is another live performance like we have seen many of them. its exciting and fun then at the moment and because of the promo (if there aren't any embarrassing lip synching or boe-ing moments :s) but w.e is something she worked on for who knows how many years if we include research.. and it gets thrown into the garbage just because of her name. of course the movie is probably by no means a masterpiece, but for a first big budget film (money that all came out of her wallet, by the way) it looks pretty damn good. By seeing the trailers, teasers, and interviews with her alone I get the idea she was a lot more involved in the project than your average filmmaker.. and to then see a critic give it an "F".. that's just disrespectful and below the line IMO

Swept away and the next best thing look cheap. W.E looks like a movie of a high quality. two stars? sure, if the narrative is really not one's cup of tea. but at least give it one star for the cinematography and music alone.

or calling it "pretentious" because it looks "too good". :doh:

I almost feel sorry for M

I think I did say it looked pretentious a while ago...

The trailer reminds me of A Single Man for some reason, and I HATE that movie, it was in fact very pretentious.

I really don't care about that movie, I won't go see it and can't wait until that is over! I just wish the movie was out already so we don't hear about it anymore next year, but again she has to release it at the same as her music to promote them together. That's very disappointing!! Now that her silly children book phase is over, we have to go through this.

The trailer reminds me of A Single Man for some reason, and I HATE that movie, it was in fact very pretentious.

I really don't care about that movie, I won't go see it and can't wait until that is over! I just wish the movie was out already so we don't hear about it anymore next year, but again she has to release it at the same as her music to promote them together. That's very disappointing!! Now that her silly children book phase is over, we have to go through this.

well, I wasnt talking about you. Im sure acko knew what newspaper or journalist I meant who labeled it as pretentious ;)

I honestly dont see how one could complain about something looking "pretentious" though.. to me, its kinda like saying the music is almost too good.. I dont see how something like that is a bad thing? I guess I'll have to see it (hopefully soon!) to figure out what exactly you mean with "pretentious".

ps.. acko.. weet je soms of w.e nog steeds bij ons uitkomt de 21ste december of dat het later uitkomt? want ik zie niets staan op de kalenders van kinepolis etc..

of course the movie is probably by no means a masterpiece, but for a first big budget film (money that all came out of her wallet, by the way)

I've seen several people mention she contributed her own money to have this film made but I'm curious where you heard/read this. How much exactly?

You're not interested in the film but you can't stop talking about it. Oh well. The album will be released in march, you can always go away and come back if all this film talking is too much for you.

Guest bluejean

By seeing the trailers, teasers, and interviews with her alone I get the idea she was a lot more involved in the project than your average filmmaker.. and to then see a critic give it an "F".. that's just disrespectful and below the line IMO

It's their opinion and they are paid to give their opinion. Yes, it would hurt to be the creator of such a huge piece of work and have it torn to shreds, but its an inevitable part of the business. If anything she will move on from this project and create an even better film.

Just because we are fans we don't need to worry about Madonna's feelings now do we?

I've seen several people mention she contributed her own money to have this film made but I'm curious where you heard/read this. How much exactly?

I can't remember actually, I keep reading about it everywhere & nowhere I guess. Im 100% certain a few serious articles did mention it, but I couldn't give you exact proof or links as Ive just read it a few times over the past few months on different places/news outlets etc

Just because we are fans we don't need to worry about Madonna's feelings now do we?

She's a tough girl so Im sure she'll be fine ;) just out of principle and maybe because I tend to be a bit of a drama queen I cant help but notice how hugely respected movie stars in bad films get credit and nothing but praise but M with her first big-budget and good looking film gets thrown in the mud. As silly as it may sound, I just think its a bit "unfair" ;)

What?

Common... she did this lot before...

Desperatly Seeking Susan?

Shangai Surprise?

Who's That Gilr?

Dick Tracy?

Body of Evidence?

Evita?

The Next Best Thing?

She was always promoting movies and new albums or tours or whatever at the time she released all that!

When Body of Evidence came out was almost at the same time as Erotica and the Sex book... that was a little too much to promote(album, film and book!).

Besides she got evolved into more movies right now in her career than album. She was always into both industries (Music and Movies). It's not like she is giving films more importance than she ever did. It's exactly the same. Have you forgot that?

You're not interested in the film but you can't stop talking about it. Oh well. The album will be released in march, you can always go away and come back if all this film talking is too much for you.

I still talk about it because it's her main focus, now she says she regrets signing for the Super Bowl because she won't be able to promote her movie enough.

Hopefully she won't have a domentary about W.E. coming in March lololol

Look Madonna is at the center of all this. The movie and the album are her projects and she decides how and to what degree to promote each. If she regrets signing on for the SB then so be it. I don't get what your issue is with it. She's not SUPPOSED to do anything. She will do what she wants. The end.

Guest bluejean

I'm actually surprised she's releasing them around the same time and I'm also surprised she's put a song on the soundtrack. I'm sure she would like to keep the film separate to her music but maybe she has accepted that its an impossibility.