Is there a 2nd backlash?

Apples388

The younger generation seems to hate her. I showed West Lake Prayer the post on UKMix with the Justin Beaver fan who believes he's accomplished more in his short career than "Grandma" has in almost 30 years LOL.

I. NEED. TO. SEE. THIS.

I don't care much for the media/public's opinion/perception of Madonna any more, to be honest. As you know, they can be quite fickle, and have been over the years, coming in to favor and then falling back out of favor, it's kind of a pattern. And I guess it goes for every celebrity, really. I just care for and concentrate on the music. People are still writing about her and passing comment on what she does, and that can only be a good sign.

But you have to work to make media turn into your favours. Recently, her only efforts are through airbrushed photoshoots. Only a couple of times a year she does something fantastic. I understand that she has the right to have a low profile after so many years working like a slave building up her career, but that's how this business works: you have to work a lot to be up there.

But you have to work to make media turn into your favours. Recently, her only efforts are through airbrushed photoshoots. Only a couple of times a year she does something fantastic. I understand that she has the right to have a low profile after so many years working like a slave building up her career, but that's how this business works: you have to work a lot to be up there.

This is an example of how spoiled we are as Madonna fans...."ONLY a couple of times a year she does something fantastic". She's still the hardest working woman in show biz. I'm fortunate we even got a photoshoot at all considering she had NOTHING to promote at the time and being that she's been intensely working on pre-production/directing W.E. Trace backward from now over the past couple years....when is the last time Madonna has REALLY been out of the limelight or not had SOME sort of project/performance? Even during the making of HC when it was "quiet" we saw her on Live Earth, got CT DVD/CD etc. The last decade:

2010- Sticky & Sweet

2009- Celebration

2008- Hard Candy

2007- Confessions Tour

2006- I'm Going To Tell You A Secret

2005- Confessions On A Dance Floor

2004- WORLD TOUR

2003- American Life

2002- MOVIE

2001- GHV2

2000- Music

That's in addition to 3 additional world tours and EVERYTHING else that need not be listed right now. I'd say we are pretty damn lucky as Madonna fans. I'd say she is "up there" as well. She's not at a critical peak no, but that's impossible for her to be their darling all of the time. She never was one to be a critics darling anyways. She's in the news though for better or worse, the record breaking tour, the last studio album was a success, lead single one of her biggest...regardless of who was on it or who it sounded like it was her song. Who's to say that if she releases something that her diehards consider "exclusively Madonna" in sound that it won't be just as successful? The lead single prior to 4M (HU) was. It seems like many are under this assumption that she can ONLY score hits by working with younger/hot artists because that's what she chose to do last time around. Releasing a duet with a hot artist for a lead single from one of her albums is something she had never done before, so why not? If she continued to repeat that same formula over and over then maybe I would jump on the "anti Hard Candy" brigades side. Until that happens though, I just look at it as another phase in her career.

the last studio album was a success, lead single one of her biggest...regardless of who was on it or who it sounded like it was her song. Who's to say that if she releases something that her diehards consider "exclusively Madonna" in sound that it won't be just as successful? The lead single prior to 4M (HU) was. It seems like many are under this assumption that she can ONLY score hits by working with younger/hot artists because that's what she chose to do last time around. Releasing a duet with a hot artist for a lead single from one of her albums is something she had never done before, so why not? If she continued to repeat that same formula over and over then maybe I would jump on the "anti Hard Candy" brigades side. Until that happens though, I just look at it as another phase in her career.

YOU CANT HELP YOURSELF :D

This is an example of how spoiled we are as Madonna fans...."ONLY a couple of times a year she does something fantastic". She's still the hardest working woman in show biz. I'm fortunate we even got a photoshoot at all considering she had NOTHING to promote at the time and being that she's been intensely working on pre-production/directing W.E. Trace backward from now over the past couple years....when is the last time Madonna has REALLY been out of the limelight or not had SOME sort of project/performance? Even during the making of HC when it was "quiet" we saw her on Live Earth, got CT DVD/CD etc. The last decade:

2010- Sticky & Sweet

2009- Celebration

2008- Hard Candy

2007- Confessions Tour

2006- I'm Going To Tell You A Secret

2005- Confessions On A Dance Floor

2004- WORLD TOUR

2003- American Life

2002- MOVIE

2001- GHV2

2000- Music

That's in addition to 3 additional world tours and EVERYTHING else that need not be listed right now. I'd say we are pretty damn lucky as Madonna fans. I'd say she is "up there" as well. She's not at a critical peak no, but that's impossible for her to be their darling all of the time. She never was one to be a critics darling anyways. She's in the news though for better or worse, the record breaking tour, the last studio album was a success, lead single one of her biggest...regardless of who was on it or who it sounded like it was her song. Who's to say that if she releases something that her diehards consider "exclusively Madonna" in sound that it won't be just as successful? The lead single prior to 4M (HU) was. It seems like many are under this assumption that she can ONLY score hits by working with younger/hot artists because that's what she chose to do last time around. Releasing a duet with a hot artist for a lead single from one of her albums is something she had never done before, so why not? If she continued to repeat that same formula over and over then maybe I would jump on the "anti Hard Candy" brigades side. Until that happens though, I just look at it as another phase in her career.

:thumbsup:

well she doesn't want that sort of attention anymore and she's still having record breaking years for herself. Good for her she totally deserves to have it both ways.

well she doesn't want that sort of attention anymore and she's still having record breaking years for herself. Good for her she totally deserves to have it both ways.

Even now that she's "toned it down" with that kind of attention, wasn't she one of the entertainers with the most media coverage last year? Wasn't it on one of those lists that were posted recently?

Times like these when she is doing some side project are always bittersweet for me. I mean of course I want new music ASAP, but the wait makes it even more exciting when she finally does come out with a proper album.