Madonna is in Brazil this week

Bitch

'Humanitarian' trip

Last Updated: 1:42 AM, November 10, 2009

Posted: 12:34 AM, November 10, 2009

MADONNA is jetting to Brazil this week with her current squeeze,Jesus Luz, but she denies it's to meet his mom, Cristiane Regina da Silva. She told Page Six, "I am going there strictly for fund raising and humanitarian purposes." She's meeting with the governor of the state of Rio de Janeiro, Sergio Cabral, and spon soring a documentary about kids living in the squalid hillside slums.

'Humanitarian' trip

Last Updated: 1:42 AM, November 10, 2009

Posted: 12:34 AM, November 10, 2009

MADONNA is jetting to Brazil this week with her current squeeze,Jesus Luz, but she denies it's to meet his mom, Cristiane Regina da Silva. She told Page Six, "I am going there strictly for fund raising and humanitarian purposes." She's meeting with the governor of the state of Rio de Janeiro, Sergio Cabral, and spon soring a documentary about kids living in the squalid hillside slums.

Incredible, she never stops! :clap:

Looking good too.

blackouts everywhere!!!

I hope she's safe. There is no power in Sao Paulo or Rio right now. Yikes.

From the BBC:

Major power failures hit Brazil

Brazil's two largest cities - Rio de Janeiro and San Paulo - are suffering major blackouts due to a problem at the Itaipu dam on the border with Paraguay.

Several other cities have also been affected by the power failures.

The country has lost 17,000 megawatts of power after the massive dam was hit by unspecified problems, local media reports.

The director of the Itaipu dam has said that it has lost its entire hydroelectric output.

The underground railway system in Rio de Janeiro shut down, after the power cuts hit soon after 2200 (0000GMT), leaving many passengers stranded.

No traffic lights or street lights are working in the city.

The power failure is also affecting the southeastern states of Minas Gerais and Espirito Santo, the southwestern state of Mato Grosso do Sul, parts of the central state of Goias, and the federal district of Brasilia, the capital.

i bet thats why globo.com isint working, its a brazillian site, probably hosted somewhere in rio.. i just wanted to check it out cuz there's a new interview of jesus there... btw he also tweeted that theres a blackout.. i hope everyone is safe.

Guy Oseary just tweeted, and he didn't mention anything about the blackout, so she must be in a lit area.

http://oglobo.globo.com/cultura/mat/2009/11/10/madonna-teria-jantado-luz-de-velas-durante-apagao-914687400.asp

Partial translation:

Celebrities having supper next to Madonna in the Fasano restaurant, Ipanema, this Tuesday night, informed by means of Twitter that the diva arrived there to candle light during the first minutes of the blackout that enveloped the country. Immediately afterwards, according to names such as Bruno Chateaubriand [brazilian socialite], a generator was started and the star could continue her dining program.

as in sophisticated = granny ?

Jesus gave an intwerview to the Brazilian media; in it he said that he already feels like a married man, that he's a jealous guy and that he's very enthusiastic about adoption: http://revistaquem.g...MA+FAMILIA.html

She looks so sophisticated with her glasses on grin.gif

article-1226600-072A57D5000005DC-917_468x317.jpg

I'm starting to like Jesus more and more, he has an interesting face. Not model material but he has a unique look, just like Madonna has. the x factor, so to speak. When I see a clip online of celebs or him and other models etc my eye goes directly to him and no one else, he attracts people like a magnet - just like his girlfriend.

just look at him here, he's soooo cute. :inlove:

She looks so sophisticated with her glasses on :D

article-1226600-072A57D5000005DC-917_468x317.jpg

I love this bitch when she wears geeky glasses. Remember that part in IGTTYAS where she starts talking about the Zohar ("Yes, I'm reading Gone with the Wind!") or when she reads that poem to Angela Becker? She just so cute when she wears her reading glasses.

She's so great doing all this stuff for la world. Like Supawoman. I just donated 4 weeks worth of allowance to her Raising Malawi charity thingy. Go Madonna!

She looks funny in those glasses though lol! I hate glasses on females (generally), but she still looks cute. They can be really hot on males though. I'm supposed to wear them but I refuse to so I walk around half blind all day lol.

She's so great doing all this stuff for la world. Like Supawoman. I just donated 4 weeks worth of allowance to her Raising Malawi charity thingy. Go Madonna!

She looks funny in those glasses though lol! I hate glasses on females (generally), but she still looks cute. They can be really hot on males though. I'm supposed to wear them but I refuse to so I walk around half blind all day lol.

Oh you just need to get the right pair that flatters the shape of your face. :)

0,,32934309-EXH,00.jpg

She held a Spirituality for Kids class today for a bunch of kids (from the slum areas) at the Fasano hotel where she is staying - she reportedly watched them dance for a bit. Later in the evening, she went to dinner at a Japanese restaurant, Yumê, in the Botanical Garden quarter (in the South Zone of Rio).

SFK event:

0,,32931925-EXH,00.jpg

Apparently the kids also got meals of hamburgers and fries, did hand painting, drawing and danced to hiphop. The kids apparently said that Madonna is very pretty and they "liked her."

Madonna went to a japanese restaurant called Yumê in Rio's Botanical Garden tonight! She smiled to a group of fans and paparazzis! So hot but all in black again...

032934372exh00.jpg

032934360exh00.jpg

032934345exh00.jpg

032934309exh00.jpg

Earlier she received a group of 36 poor (and lucky) children of a project of Spirituality for kids!

032931925exh00.jpg

http://ego.globo.com/Gente/Noticias/0,,MUL1375835-9798,00-PRIMEIRO+SORRISO+DE+MADONNA+NO+RIO+E+APLAUDIDO+POR+FAS+E+JORNALISTAS.html