Is Madonna's voice getting grating or is it just me?

svperstar

How could I forget this song? Spanish Eyes! Fucking LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE her voice on this song. When she breaks into "I LIGHT THIS CANDLE....." *chills*

Guest bluejean

why cant she belt out songs? like dress you up, rescue me, express yourself?

Maybe she doesn't want to. It's not exactly healthy to sing off the throat like that, although it does sound cool.

Guest Pud Whacker

I loved her voice on hard candy. It sounds more like her live voice. {ducks}

GREAT POINT!! NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT. IT DOES. XO

oh, sorry about caps, im not a secretary, i look at the keybopard then when im done, i look at what i wrote. :lol:

GREAT POINT!! NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT. IT DOES. XO

oh, sorry about caps, im not a secretary, i look at the keybopard then when im done, i look at what i wrote. :lol:

I'm the same way. But yeah I never heard her voice sound like that on record. I really loved hard candy for that. espeially on:

candy shop

dont pretend your not huuungry...come on in to store...

she's not me

I should have seen the sings when you where here under a diffrent light is all so clear

I miss her old voice, pre-Evita. But I think her vocals on AL the album and ROL album were amazing. She seemed more mature. But I think her voice these days lacks this certain energy that was present in songs like Holiday and ITG. Even when her voice is altered to sound like it did in the 80s that energy still isn't there.

I feel that her voice, especially since COADF and forward has been less inspired.

You can almost hear that she's bored.

And is no surprise also the music has been less inspired.

Maybe she just doesn't care anymore and just release things because she's a workaholic and would be bored anyways... and to make even MORE profit.

I really hope her inspiration will come back because she is really in a musical downfall.

^Talk about huge stretch. :snore:

Anyway, surprised nobody mentioned Music where she sounds dull and lifeless compared to the DWT live versions and Erotica where she sounds the WORST EVER in "Why's It So Hard" & "In This Life". But yeah, she wants to use the high pitched voice and that means she's in a downfall and does not care at all.

She should have cared just a little more, that would have been enough to piss certain fans off. Hopefully the next album will do the dirty work.

She should have cared just a little more, that would have been enough to piss certain fans off. Hopefully the next album will do the dirty work.

What's the value of pissing fans off? Don't you realize Madonna needs all her fans to continue to be successful? Hard Candy was one of her lowest selling records, it didn't do as well as Confessions. I didn't like her voice as well on HC as Confessions and AL, but I"m not sure if it's her voice has changed, so much as the way the record was produced. But to me her voice still sounds good, for me it was more the songwriting on HC that was the problem. But I do agree she sounds bored and detached from her music now. Just compare the vocals on It's So Cool to the ones on Celebration and Revolver and the difference is obvious.

All you have to do is tie Pharrell or Timbaland to "Hard Candy," and the association to it being Urban is there. Doesn't mean it SOUNDS as urban, but the influences are present.

Having said that, the album's good, and I actually DO love her voice on the Pharrell tracks. She seems more liberated in them, whereas she sounds decidedly uncertain in the Timba collaborations.

Yeah,her voice is excellent on the Pharrell tracks.On songs like "She's Not Me","Give It 2 Me" and especially "Beat Goes On",she's singing just like she did in the 80s.....really putting alot of enthusiasm and power into her vocals.Maybe it just takes the right producer to bring it out of her? Pharrell is good at bringing out the "80s Madonna" voice.

I love Hard Candy but I have to admit,on some of the Timbaland tracks,she's not really putting alot of effort into the vocals.She sounds fine on the first verse of "4 Minutes" but during the second verse,she gets into that annoying,laid back vocal style that we hear so much these days."Dance 2Night" is a superb song but I wish Madonna would sing it with more power.

but to be fair,every singer's voice deteriorates as they get older.Their voice loses the power of their younger years.In the right setting,Madonna still sounds very good ("Beat Goes On",for example).

Yeah like I said, I don't think it is her voice so much as the production of the songs.

Exactly.Remember when Madonna said that "Pharrell made me cry" during the recording sessions for Hard Candy? I think he was adamant about getting some great vocals from her.He made her record many parts over and over,until the vocals were just right.He wouldn't accpet anything less.

With Timbaland,it was different.Madonna has said that he was the "quiet type" who didn't say alot during the recording sessions.He didn't "push her" or demand that the vocals be perfect.In retrospect,he should have demanded that she re-record the second verse of "4 Minutes",this time with livelier vocals.Ditto for "Dance 2Night" and "Voices".

Perhaps Madonna should have asked Pharrell to produce "Celebration"...he would have gotten a better,stronger vocal from Madonna.

I get what you're saying, svper. On "4 Minutes," I always found that vocal to be lacking what is supposed to be quintessential Madonna for an upbeat track- JOY. That's why it doesn't sound like a regular Madonna track (to me, anyways)- no matter the producer, because whoever she works with, she usually is able to convey that sheer joy she brings to the delivery.

That joy was present on Confessions on a Dance Floor, and I guess it's present on some of Hard Candy- but, maybe she'll feel more invested in her first Live Nation project, from a vocal standpoint.

What's the value of pissing fans off? Don't you realize Madonna needs all her fans to continue to be successful? Hard Candy was one of her lowest selling records, it didn't do as well as Confessions. I didn't like her voice as well on HC as Confessions and AL, but I"m not sure if it's her voice has changed, so much as the way the record was produced. But to me her voice still sounds good, for me it was more the songwriting on HC that was the problem. But I do agree she sounds bored and detached from her music now. Just compare the vocals on It's So Cool to the ones on Celebration and Revolver and the difference is obvious.

The next one will be selling even lower, low sales has NOTHING to do with fans like you not being satisfied with the album.

Obviously I was just referring to the 20 fans online who've been having the same complaints over and over again, it's not like losing then would affect her career.