Is Madonna's voice getting grating or is it just me?

svperstar

I remember a long time ago watching an interview on tv and this quote stood out that i still remember it to this day "I never really thought I had a great voice, I just had something to say" or something like that. Anyone else remember that?

Guest Pud Whacker

I love her voice, in any form or phase. "Dance 2night" nasal, BAT off-key, "Take a Bow" smooth, "I Want You" sexy, whatever - it's the SACRED voice of pop music.

:bow:

i know, it took me awhile to arrive to that party. better late than never!!!

:thumbsup:

But isnt that the great thing about her music? being able to listen to songs you may have ignored in the past and realize later on how good they are. For me that is the best part.

Guest Pud Whacker

:thumbsup:

But isnt that the great thing about her music? being able to listen to songs you may have ignored in the past and realize later on how good they are. For me that is the best part.

oh yes. me too. totally.

listening to history (land of the free) it sounds a little different, i dont know but its good, too!!!

I LOVE MADONNA UNTIL DIRT IS ON MY GRAVE!!!

I remember a long time ago watching an interview on tv and this quote stood out that i still remember it to this day "I never really thought I had a great voice, I just had something to say" or something like that. Anyone else remember that?

I believe she was talking about why she got into the music business.

And I agree her voice at times is very thin these days. I dont know if its just age or something to do with the Evita training? But even after that she delivered songs where I thought she sounded amazing. I Deserve It and Gone are two that spring to mind. Her voice is beautiful on these. Also I dont know if she would have been able to sing a song like ROL pre Evita and that remains my favorite Madonna song of all time, so for that alone the training was worth it. :lol: But I agree that I wish she could belt out songs like she used to when she first started out. I think as a whole I do prefer her pre Evita voice the most. I also think she sounded her best during the Girlie Show.

Guest bluejean

oh, you came in during the voice training/maturing period. i loved its evolution from the beginning. as much as i bytch about that entire period, of course i love it. i couldnt wait for the evita soundtrack!!! i even spent 30 fucking bucks on an import from england that was released a few weeks before and it was just the highlights from the movie. i still dont own the proper release. :sad:

UPLOAD!!!

I didn't say I came in during that period, I said I liked her voice especially in that era.

I became a fan during the Like A Prayer period when I was 6 years old. And I LOVE her voice on that album as well.

Her voice is fine, it's the choice of how she records each song for effect. Thats where a good or bad choice is made. Perfect examples are the 2 new tracks

Celebration where in my opinion she sounds perfect, and Revolver where she sounds tinny! Just a choice thats made in the creation of the song, not her voice really.

Guest Pud Whacker

Her voice is fine, it's the choice of how she records each song for effect. Thats where a good or bad choice is made. Perfect examples are the 2 new tracks

Celebration where in my opinion she sounds perfect, and Revolver where she sounds tinny! Just a choice thats made in the creation of the song, not her voice really.

moe, where are those hanging? in your sig?

Her vocals are not what they used to be. Her melodramatic trained vocie is all but gone. That's why I loved the Music album, it's still held that resonance from the ROL vocals but it's still has soul and substance that's been missing since.....She's trying to capture that 80's minnie mouse sound which is going backwards not forwards.

Guest Pud Whacker

back to teh question:

in revolver she sounds like a britney. its ugly. not my cup. but its the processing of the voice, its not the voice. I LOVE IT LIVE!!!

Can I just say that I am happy that she redeemed herself with Into the Groove on the S&S tour though. I thought I would never hear her sing this song good live ever again after that awful Gap commercial vocal that was used on the Reinvention tour. Blah that sucked ass.

i agree with you about her voice getting grating or changing.

I HAVE ALWAYS SAID that Evita Voice Lessons screwed up her natural vocal charm.

Her voice used to have a warmth & soul. Last i heard of it was on the AL album.

The voice has just gotten more crowish with each period. I first started to notice the

change on the BRITNEY DUET SONG....i was like.....ewwww, her voice sounds unpleasant

to the ear all thru that track. ( "come over here i got something to show ya")

I think thats why i didnt like HC so much. to much tin crow voice.

I HOPE LIVE NATION BRINGS HER FULL CIRCLE.

Her vocals are not what they used to be. Her melodramatic trained vocie is all but gone. That's why I loved the Music album, it's still held that resonance from the ROL vocals but it's still has soul and substance that's been missing since.....She's trying to capture that 80's minnie mouse sound which is going backwards not forwards.

VERY WELL PUT !

I MISS THE SOUL TOO!

SHE DOESNT USE HER LOWER REGISTER MUCH ANYMORE.bloed_2.gif

VERY WELL PUT !

I MISS THE SOUL TOO!

SHE DOESNT USE HER LOWER REGISTER MUCH ANYMORE.bloed_2.gif

that was one of her best era's in the vocal department. You can tell she's actually interested in the songs.

I used to love her voice for its distinctiveness. When her voice came on the radio you just knew it was her. No vocal acrobatics... just rawness. Her voice in Rescue me is amazing - what the hell happened to it? Also the way she sang Live to Tell - I always loved the way she sounds when she used her deeper voice - nobody had that sound. She sounded fantastic in most of the Girlie Show as well- loved that voice. Now, I never hear her produce these sounds anymore. The raw growl and the deep expressive bellowing voice she used to have is gone gone gone. I thought she even sounded great in Evita. When I first started not really liking her voice was actually ROL - she sounded too "perfect" - like it was stripped of its personality. It has only gotten worse over the years.

I used to love her voice for its distinctiveness. When her voice came on the radio you just knew it was her. No vocal acrobatics... just rawness. Her voice in Rescue me is amazing - what the hell happened to it? Also the way she sang Live to Tell - I always loved the way she sounds when she used her deeper voice - nobody had that sound. She sounded fantastic in most of the Girlie Show as well- loved that voice. Now, I never hear her produce these sounds anymore. The raw growl and the deep expressive bellowing voice she used to have is gone gone gone. I thought she even sounded great in Evita. When I first started not really liking her voice was actually ROL - she sounded too "perfect" - like it was stripped of its personality. It has only gotten worse over the years.

Spot on. And I would add songs like Love Dont Live Here Anymore. Love her voice there.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

one of her best :shock: and she sounded great during DWT also

Also on a personal note I myself can sing better to her older lower range growly songs. This crow voice I cant cut. Bitch is out of my range now. :lol: Probably why I can see best to people like Pink these days. :wacko:

(Also note that I sing only to myself thank you very much. :asian: )

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

one of her best :shock: and she sounded great during DWT also

when it comes to vocals , it's by far her best tour :dramatic: