IT'S SO COOL!

cosmic_system

Agree that this feels completely like Madonna unlike that Revolver travesty ft Lil Wayne. Half-assed naive pseudo-intellectual lyrics included :horn: Seriously though I love this. The hook is massive and I like the little backing vox. Is it Mirwais like on Love Profusion? Oh also, yes her voice sounds a lot stronger and more pleasant. 8/10 for me *twirls to the disco beat* :confessions:

I prefer Celebration and Revolver but this is ok and I am sure it will grow on me.

The vocal doesn't sound like it is her though. It sounds like it is sung by the german Madonna impersonator who was on the BBC talent show a year or so ago. The sound is also a bit like the Freemason's/ SEB recent collaboration.

Guest thehiltonsuite

If you don't think this should be a representation of gay people, then stop calling it "gay music" :vogue:

I said me. And that's how I would describe the sound, that's the sound you hear in gay clubs. Save that for the remixes.

Guest thehiltonsuite

I hate how she pronounces her "R's" in this though.

Why in the world does she do that? I was just saying the same thing! She didn't do that before FUCKING EVITA! That voice coach was a fucking moron.

why doesnt she put more effort into her singing?

That's a good point. I wonder how much time she spent recording Revolver. Half and hour? And then she told the producer to use a computer to make something from it...

That's a good point. I wonder how much time she spent recording Revolver. Half and hour? And then she told the producer to use a computer to make something from it...

It's not a question of effort, it's about how she wants to sound. And yes, she LOVES the auto-tune/vocoder as well.

honestly? i'm having some mixed emotions... on one hand, it's a piece of american life, the "greatest miss" of the decade in terms of people ignoring it, and it is a bonus track, of which i tend to go ape over (and compared to the tracks from confessions, AL had almost no true "leaks" aside of the game, since "is this love" was for the musical and "imagine" studio version was a cover) but on the other hand... it's lyrically bad. it's just way too juvenile and makes me wonder how many times the song that became "hey you" was shelved since so many elements are present in this song and keep the trance...

but i digress. i like the beat... and someone earlier in the post made a good point that makes me revisit my idea that these new or new-to-us (it's so cool) songs "close" the doors to the last three albums. the point someone said is it takes the lyrics style of AL and the sound of COADF and my thought is yeah, it's a good thought of closing the AL door and opening COADF, kind of a sample to whet the appetite if you ever added it to AL and then listen to her albums consecutively (i tend to add track to albums, preferring the "sessions" mentality over just the cd tracks)

1) it's so cool closes the door to AL, and serves as almost an appetizer to COADF

2) celebration fits in with the COADF mentality ("I'm not in the mood for a ballad," she's said of the album. "I can't be bothered. I want to dance!") a quote i remember from somewhere

3) revolver bookends the urban sound to HC and also fittingly ends with a gunshot that kills the warner relationship and moves to the future in live nation

if the world were mine and i had a say in it, i'd have added "liquid love" to the collection as a bonus or something somewhere, and thus really said a farewell to music and this whole decade. just my two cents, for what it's worth...

it's lyrically bad. it's just way too juvenile and makes me wonder how many times the song that became "hey you" was shelved since so many elements are present in this song and keep the trance...

That's just it. I'm so glad NONE of these songs ever made an album. I don't care what certain fans say, some of the AL period lyrics are the worst ever and I fail to see why Madonna is "mature" or "better" if she sings about those cliche stuff instead of "get up on the dance floor".

It's silly when she sings about 'heavier' themes like this. I mean

It's so hard to be someone,

it's so hard to be unkwown.

In your heart you are to blame

in your heart you play the game.

Do you realize you pay the price?

Do you know the cost of all your vice?

Save your soul, it's all a test,

save your soul, it's for the best.

is almost like a parody of a latter day Madonna song. Blame/game, test/best? Wtf.