REVOLVER HAS LEAKED!

freddykrueger86

Guest ursaminorjim

...I do feel some just are so critical about anything she does, they seem to lack the appreciation of just enjoying that she's still here, making music, etc. Surely, not every song will be a winner even with Madonna fans.

Well, why not just assume that as a baseline for people signing up and participating here that they do appreciate her continued career? I mean, there are Madonna fans here of all eras and stripes. Some love her most recent work, some love all her work, some hate her latest direction - some even think she's a good actress! There's all kinds here. I sincerely do not believe that anyone's here expressly to bitch about her or rip her apart, even if that's all that comes through in their posts. Everyone here has been a Madonna fan at one point in their life. If they don't always express it to your satisfaction, then I'd just ignore them. What's the purpose in singling someone out for their personal feelings about our board's namesake? Does someone expressing their dislike for her work as an artist - or even for her as a person - harm anyone? I don't think anyone's thin-skinned or weak-minded enough to be swayed or hurt by some negative comments. Why not just agree to disagree and then move on instead of scolding?

I'm diggin' the revulva.

Seriously catchy. Fun.

With the right promo it could be a hit but I guess we all know how things are going to play out.

This will be a huge hit on iTunes, but moreso for the featured artist involved, Lil'Wayne.

I mean, look at how those awful Jay Sean & Keri Hilson songs did well in America because of him. It's scary to think how "Revolver" is now considered on the same level as songs like "Down" & "Turnin' Me On". :scared:

That said, I really do like her delivery to this song, and this song has a hook as catchy and infectious as honey. But it doesn't sound too dissimilar to material on Hard Candy.

Haven't listened to it yet, but I read somewhere that the whole second verse is different. Course, I'll have to go back and listen to that demo (if it's still on YouTube, that is).

NO.

there was a shorter demo without the "smooth criminal" part etc, and the longer one with all of that.

it's THE SAME.

the demo is alot better I think they took a song that could have been a hit with the radio and made it into just another pop song. If I hadn't heard the demo I would have thought that it was a good song but since the demo leaked it makes this version seem weak. They should have kept the rest of lil wayne's verse which was the best part

My love is a revolver. Do you want to be my target.

Cuz I’m a sharp shooter. Matter of fact im tha sharpest.

My aim is so flawless, girl you can be the farthest.

Ima still shoot my love, let me know that you caught it.

Im the trigger man, I pull it. I will when he wouldn’t.

Do you want to eat the bullet? And I know where to put it.

Its weezy. F baby. Im shooting like the army.

Girl I should be illegal. Better put the safety on me.

This entire part was cut. You can really hear a boost in energy from Wayne in this part and this is what makes the verse. I will even go as far as saying that without the part the track goes from one of the better lil wayne features to just another pop song featuring Lil Wayne. Also the song is to short and there is to much of the hook which gets annoying

Edited by and1wwe

It's a very catchy and fun song!

If Revolver was a Rihanna song we all know that it would be #1 in 40 countries, but it's a Madonna song so I'm not sure anymore.

SO WHAT EXACTLY HAS SHE WRITTEN OR PRODUCED HERE??? IT'S THE SAME AS THE DEMO with some minor changes that certainly aren't worthy of a songwriting credit.

:chuckle:

I want REMIXES.

Oh, i thought the same when first listening to these. The remixes could be SUPER HOT!!!

I am loving this song more and more with every listening. I am not even going to say it's going to be a "big hit" because without radio support and much promotion, it won't get much recognition unless it's a fluke. I hope that I am wrong because I do think this could be a killer song on the radio.

the demo is alot better I think they took a song that could have been a hit with the radio and made it into just another pop song. If I hadn't heard the demo I would have thought that it was a good song but since the demo leaked it makes this version seem weak. They should have kept the rest of lil wayne's verse which was the best part

My love is a revolver. Do you want to be my target.

Cuz I’m a sharp shooter. Matter of fact im tha sharpest.

My aim is so flawless, girl you can be the farthest.

Ima still shoot my love, let me know that you caught it.

Im the trigger man, I pull it. I will when he wouldn’t.

Do you want to eat the bullet? And I know where to put it.

Its weezy. F baby. Im shooting like the army.

Girl I should be illegal. Better put the safety on me.

This entire part was cut. You can really hear a boost in energy from Wayne in this part and this is what makes the verse. I will even go as far as saying that without the part the track goes from one of the better lil wayne features to just another pop song featuring Lil Wayne. Also the song is to short and there is to much of the hook which gets annoying

Hey, don't count the verse out just yet. It's possible the extra versus can turn up in mixes.

I made up my mind last week that I was absolutely not going to listen to "Revolver" in full before I had the CD in my hands. I would simply satisfy myself with the 30-second preview clip.

Then I saw this thread, and I caved quicker than a West Virginia coal mine.

:lmao::lmao:

Anyway, this has somewhat made up for me having to miss my beloved Little Boots tonight :(

I'll give a listen later.

http://www.perezhilton.com

We love Madonna, but we far from love her new song, Revolver.

It's kinda suckass, actually.

The song is off the Queen of Pop's new greatest hits collection and it features Lil Wayne (unfortunately).

It's definitely more along the lines of the Hard Candy album than the dance deliciousness of Celebration.

But the new song just doesn't work. It lacks originality. It's uninspired - and Madonna doesn't even sound like herself on it!

What do U think????

Listen to Revolver below.

In all honesty, both "Celebration" and "Revolver" are the least exciting aspects of the Celebration project for me. It's all about the oldies but goodies coming together- both in CD and DVD form.

Having said that, "Revolver" certainly is more in line with what's going on at mainstream top 40 radio- but I doubt it will bea top 10 hit or anything, if released (top 40 would be a feat).