Celebration (album) reviews

debord

I'm anticipating five star reviews for the single disk version and three and a half/four star reviews for the double.

:lmao: AS IF 4 non hits are a reason to give 1 and a half stars less.

If anything, the 1 CD will have worse reviews because you can't make a proper Madonna compilation on one CD.

:lmao: AS IF 4 non hits are a reason to give 1 and a half stars less.

If anything, the 1 CD will have worse reviews because you can't make a proper Madonna compilation on one CD.

It's more to do with the media predictability and the fact that they'll say things like 'despite the odd moment of glory, she's never managed to equal her 80s output'. Warners are pandering to it really with the commercial which is heavily 80s weighted.

Is it released in New Zealand on the 18th? If not, Australia will be the first country in the entire world to have "Celebration" :thumbsup:

Yes l can't wait to see the response in Oz. Madonna and Australia are not tracking well at the moment and not even a physical release for the single. The music press in Melbourne are ignoring her.

Guest SoUnusual

Is it released in New Zealand on the 18th? If not, Australia will be the first country in the entire world to have "Celebration" :thumbsup:

A friend works at K-mart, they are already in store..(I'm in New Zealand) I asked him to steal me a copy tonight. I guess I will wait till work is done. Its 4:20pm now. And believe me he has stolen stuff before so there is nothing stopping him.

A friend works at K-mart, they are already in store..(I'm in New Zealand) I asked him to steal me a copy tonight. I guess I will wait till work is done. Its 4:20pm now. And believe me he has stolen stuff before so there is nothing stopping him.

I was told at JB-HiFi that it isn't released in NZ until the 21st though. And can you get me a copy too? :vogue:

Guest SoUnusual

I was told at JB-HiFi that it isn't released in NZ until the 21st though. And can you get me a copy too? :vogue:

I'm serious, and those bitches at JB-HiFi can die (I have my own problems with that place). Anyways the shipment of CD's is still wrapped up in storage, this is what I've been told. He works in the music department and has got me albums a day's before release before.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

If it is in JB HIFI, they won't put it out till Friday the earliest, MAYBE even Thursday night in the city locations. They ALWAYS do that, even though they aren't supposed to.

I'm serious, and those bitches at JB-HiFi can die (I have my own problems with that place). Anyways the shipment of CD's is still wrapped up in storage, this is what I've been told. He works in the music department and has got me albums a day's before release before.

So release here for the 18th then? Where do you advise i buy it SU?

Guest SoUnusual

So release here for the 18th then? Where do you advise i buy it SU?

Where ever you heart desires :lol: Far as I know it will be released 21st........I really hope its really in storage. He usually always gets stuff early, I guess I'll see what happens.

Yes l can't wait to see the response in Oz. Madonna and Australia are not tracking well at the moment and not even a physical release for the single. The music press in Melbourne are ignoring her.

There's no physical single in Australia because Warners Australia doesn't issue physical singles for *any* artist any more. The *only* Warner single in the Top 50 on the physical sales chart this week was released over six months ago.

It's midnight Wednesday night in Oz at the moment and I should be able to get a copy tomorrow after work. thats only about 17 hours away! WOO HOO! i'll post Revolver and scans of the booklet as soon as I get it!

you do that, please!! we shall worship you!

i'm honestly shocked at revolver not being released illicitly... they've done really well at keeping ONE SONG under relative security, aside of the preview clips being posted up early. i hope it's not like that at live nation, or else we'll never see gems like "liquid love" that were album-excluded see the light of day from here on... then again, that did take awhile. i'm still hoping for "across the sky" and "alone again"

Mirror review

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/the-ticket/2009/09/album-review-celebration---mad.html

This 36-track, double disc, definitive career- encompassing compilation conveniently follows Madge's recent expensive divorce. The stark reality though is that, as a cultural force, she peaked in 1989 with the superb Like A Prayer. Thereafter it's her image manipulation and media savvy that impress - far more than retro confections such as Hung Up.

3/5

OUCH

Rolling Stone: 4 Stars

“What? No ‘Hanky Panky’? Is this some kind of joke? Given how obsessive her fans are, it’s a thankless task for Madonna to assemble a two-CD hit collection. But from the opening one-two of ‘Hung Up’ and ‘Music,’ two of her best ever, Celebration kicks off with pure bliss and never lets up. It’s a dizzying, nonchronological spin through the Madonna years, years it makes you feel lucky to be living through. Her hitmaking genius is unmatched and—with the new Eurocheese blast ‘Celebration’ and the Lil Wayne duet ‘Revolver’—undiminished. It’s almost enough to make you forget that they left off ‘Angel,’ which is just plain crazypants.” —Rob Sheffield

Rolling Stone: 4 Stars

“What? No ‘Hanky Panky’? Is this some kind of joke? Given how obsessive her fans are, it’s a thankless task for Madonna to assemble a two-CD hit collection. But from the opening one-two of ‘Hung Up’ and ‘Music,’ two of her best ever, Celebration kicks off with pure bliss and never lets up. It’s a dizzying, nonchronological spin through the Madonna years, years it makes you feel lucky to be living through. Her hitmaking genius is unmatched and—with the new Eurocheese blast ‘Celebration’ and the Lil Wayne duet ‘Revolver’—undiminished. It’s almost enough to make you forget that they left off ‘Angel,’ which is just plain crazypants.” —Rob Sheffield

Rob is a big M loon. love him for that

Mirror review

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/the-ticket/2009/09/album-review-celebration---mad.html

This 36-track, double disc, definitive career- encompassing compilation conveniently follows Madge's recent expensive divorce. The stark reality though is that, as a cultural force, she peaked in 1989 with the superb Like A Prayer. Thereafter it's her image manipulation and media savvy that impress - far more than retro confections such as Hung Up.

3/5

OUCH

The British Media REALLY hate her don't they?