Celebration (album) reviews

debord

It's less than 2 weeks til the album is with us so SURELY the reviews should be imminent?! Post them in here as and when they come out!

this is the only kind of "reviews" we'll see for celebration:

61RYC-jiCfL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

"2 CD edition. Madonna, who has racked up a record 37 top 10 hits as well as seven No. 1 albums (including her last four) on the Billboard Pop Charts, has given her fans yet another opportunity to 'celebrate' her musical achievements. The songs on 'Celebration' have all been remastered and selected by Madonna and her fans. They cover the expanse of the Material Girl's extraordinary career of hits."

:vanitybonet:

Wait... Doesn't it come out on the 29th? How is that less than 2 weeks away?

Only eight days to wait for Australians....it hits shelves on Friday the 18th here, so it will be out at least eight hours before those few European countries :thumbsup:

Well I don’t know about other countries but the music press in the UK always reviews greatest hits albums, and such a high-profile one will definitely be reviewed.

Here in Italy as well! Italian newspapers tend to review even old records that went through the remastering and reprinting process :)

Music reviewers are usually alcholics and complete delusionals, but even the most warped wouldn't be stupid enough to rate this compilation lower than a NINE.

They might disagree with the tracklisting, versions used or the general composition of the package but the CONTENT of Celebration will surely garner spectacular reviews. The next issue of Q is out later this week so there should be a decent review in there, though major STUDIO releases will probably feature more prominently.

Music reviewers are usually alcholics and complete delusionals, but even the most warped wouldn't be stupid enough to rate this compilation lower than a NINE.

They might disagree with the tracklisting, versions used or the general composition of the package but the CONTENT of Celebration will surely garner spectacular reviews. The next issue of Q is out later this week so there should be a decent review in there, though major STUDIO releases will probably feature more prominently.

Doesn't Q usually come out on the 1st of the month? They have a separate section for 're-issues' anyway (which this would come under) so I imagine it would feature prominently in there.

The Immaculate Collection received glowing revieews, so with this containing 20 TIC-era tracks, I'd expect a pretty good reception.;) Tack on some other goodies, and bingo. There are some tracks that weren't exactly ACCLAIMED hits, that could weight it down a tad (i.e. "Hollywood," "4 Minutes"), but neither was "Take a Bow."

Entertainment Weekly's review of TIC was supberb (I don't recall a GHV2 review in the magazine, though), so hopefully it will review Celebration.

4 Minutes is FABULOUS :wow:

I expect Die Another Day to be highlighted as a low point in the reviews. :demonic:

I had a look at the monthlies and have the new Uncut and Mojo, unsurprisingly no reviews yet.. we'll have to wait a bit. Looks like they didn't go all out with the promos early.

"Die Another Day" fared better than "4 Minutes" on year-end lists and such. Same for "Erotica"- but none were critical smashes.

TIC is one of the most positively reviewed/acclaimed compilations ever, so Celebration has some mighty shoes to fill on that front.

This GHV2 review is my favourite, probably because they call WIFLFAG the worst song on it, rightfully so. :D

http://www.slantmagazine.com/music/music_review.asp?ID=116

How dare they! Never saw that review before and I like Slant. Not sure about some of it though

Don't Cry for Me Argentina gets a B+? :blink: and is "easily one of Madonna's greatest vocal performance to date" :crazy::lmao:

Even "Human Nature," Madonna's defiant retort to critics who tried to "silence" her, has been ironically self-censored
:lmao: