*OFFICIAL* "Celebration" CD and DVD Tracklisings

HolidayGuy

The thing that pisses me off more about the DVD is the fact that they've included UTTER DROSS such as Get Together instead of some of her brilliant work.

How easy is it to rip/burn DVDs? I'll be making my own compilation using stuff that's available eleswhere.

That aside, I think the DVD is an excellent marketing tool and bodes well for the release of remastered albums, which will make casual fans want to get hold of the tracks missing from the Celebration CD.

Obviously she loves it (oh wait, supposedly Warner forced the single, since she always wanted BGO, right? :chuckle: ) and I don't know why all of a sudden everyone forgot that it was an instant fan favourite when HC came out. On tour it's also a "for the fans" moment, so why can't we accept that and move on?

I don't care if it was a fan favorite... I never liked it and I knew it would flop as a single

Back then when everyone was queeny screamy it should be the 2nd single from HC in here I always said it should NOT be because it would flop and it's a granny song and one of the worst songs on HC!

Oh Father and Bad Girl missing is rediculous. Makes me think Madonna didn't pick the videos. Oh Father is on TIC but that is now out of print. Leaving a few videos available only on the other DVD (still in print) was probably intentional.

Playground shafted on the CD and DVD is weird...

Guest Danny86

I don't care if it was a fan favorite... I never liked it and I knew it would flop as a single

Back then when everyone was queeny screamy it should be the 2nd single from HC in here I always said it should NOT be because it would flop and it's a granny song and one of the worst songs on HC!

I know, but there's no such thing as an "universal fan favorite" so not everyone is going to be pleased. Obviously Madonna & co took note of MA loved by *many* fans despite not getting attention in many major markets from the general public. It's definitely not any worse than a song you don't like becoming a hit and earning its place on a GH.

Wahtever.

Guest ursaminorjim

The thing that pisses me off more about the DVD is the fact that they've included UTTER DROSS such as Get Together instead of some of her brilliant work.

Never mind that "Get together" was by several thousand miles the best video from Confessions On a Dance Floor, it's also better than most of the stuff that was left off as well (the three exceptions are all on the other collections anyway).

Still, there's no reason to moan. It all boils down to three words:

"I want you."

Glory to God!

Maybe because it's already on the Evita dvd (region 2), like This Used To Be My Playground.

As for Dress You Up, it's from the Virgin Tour so not big deal.

It is a pretty big deal, it includes before concert footage not seen in the VHS release. PLUS, most of all, it uses all different angles/footage from the concert.

its a big deal

Guest Pud Whacker

wow, very exciting...so many. burning up - although i have it on her FIRST VHS VIDEO COLLECTION, never before on dvd. thats going to be great. same goes for justify my love, i have the VHS single video. and is this the first time we have deeper and deeper (on of my all time favorite videos) on video/dvd?

uhm, is there any other artist that released 47 of their videos or about 80% complete of his/her own videography?

any chance that there will be extras like commentators in the DVD? :chuckle:

I think overall they have got this right. This really could've been A LOT worse!! LOL. In fact I wasn't expecting much. The only thing I can say I'm just a little disappointed about is that there is no Oh Father or Bad Girl on the DVD just because it would seem absolutely PERFECT if those two were on. No biggie though as they are both available on other compilations.

The CD tracklisting is great. I have no problems with Miles Away or Hollywood being on in place of other hits, being on this album is probably going to be more exposure than either of these songs got when they were released as singles...lol. Both are decent latter day Madonna singles too that represent something besides her "all dance" songs that have been a big part of her single releases the past 5 or 6 years. Had Miles Away been treated the way it should've been as a single release from both Warner and Madonna it would be a bigger hit, it really is a very accessible, easy to digest, made for the radio ballad. I hate when fans act like the quality of the song is the reason for it's lack of success when clearly that wasn't the issue with that single.

Guest Pud Whacker

It is a pretty big deal, it includes before concert footage not seen in the VHS release. PLUS, most of all, it uses all different angles/footage from the concert.

its a big deal

heres the link so when youre watching you wont slash your wrists in between arrow.jpg7) Into The Groove &

arrow.jpg8) Live To Tell:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=WEO7CNByPC4

The 2 disc set will also include unedited and never before seen footage of the “Justify My Love” video

what does this mean?...never before seen footage?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

there better be some extras too!

Guest ursaminorjim

uhm, is there any other artist that released 47 of their videos or about 80% complete of his/her own videography?

Well, the Pet Shop boys released PopArt which included ALL 38 of their videos (apart from the two songs that were included on the accompanying CD compilation, "Miracles" and "Flamboyant") all with commentary from Neil Tennant, Chris Lowe and Chris Heath, plus three extended video versions (sans commentary).

THAT's how it's done. :thumbsup:

I'm hoping Madonna has some extra goodies tucked in there as well, but still - 47 videos. That's pretty lush.

its a big deal

It's not a big deal FOR ME.

It's alla about True Blue.

Guest Danny86

Reading this forum I am *convinced* that they could release a box set with every single and every video and charge pennies for it and loads of people would STILL complain.

I guess they would say "too much filler".

Never mind that "Get together" was by several thousand miles the best video from Confessions On a Dance Floor, it's also better than most of the stuff that was left off as well (the three exceptions are all on the other collections anyway).

Hung Up is one of her most ICONIC videos ever - GT is just okay - the alternative version was better than the one they released.

Still, there's no reason to moan. It all boils down to three words:

"I want you."

Glory to God!

AMEN

Abba's Definitive Collection includes every promo clip they ever made, some for single releases in different terretories as well as bonus tracks.

Abba's Definitive Collection includes every promo clip they ever made, some for single releases in different terretories as well as bonus tracks.

And it came out almost 20 years after Abba ceased to exist. I'm sure we'll get something similar for M one day.