When will the bloody tour end?

horn

Was their any reason for the tour to be extended other than to make more money?

Probably not. I am sure that was the primary reason. Especially since she had to pay off Guy last fall in the divorce. Although, if she owed Warner that greatest hits, maybe she thought it would just make more sense to keep touring than worrying about recording a new album for Live Nation when she still had one last obligation to Warner?

I agree. She said once and then never again that she wants to direct a feature film next - which will put her out of commission for the better part of the next year.

Well, remember that she directed Filth & Wisdom during the Hard Candy recording. She also worked on IGTTYAS while recording COADF. Bitch can multi-task like no one else.

I suspect she could keep a lower profile in September after the tour. Do some *light* promo for the greatest hits in October/November. Probably take the kids for a nice holiday vacation (maybe the Maldives again), and then come back and start work on her new projects after the New Year.

I'm not sure if she should Oprah 'cos if she does, it's gonna be the adoption talk. Since there's mixed comments about that (and may turn some off), I rather she stays away.

Talk about music? Whitney will guarantee be the highlight of the entire season therefore I dun see any subsequent artist goes on Oprah and talk about their music will outshine Whitney.

Ellen sounds ok but will it help?

MTV VMA is good as long as you perform, otherwise dun bother. Will she debut Celebration live performances in the forthcoming VMA?

CELEBRATION is dead in the water.....her fuckin singles and videos are released tooooo far apart.

SHE SHOULD RUSH THE RESEASE of REVOLVER ...its her only saving grace.

SHE ShOULD perFORm REVOLVER on tHe MtV AwaRDS.!!!!

CELEBRATION is dead in the water.....her fuckin singles and videos are released tooooo far apart.

SHE SHOULD RUSH THE RESEASE of REVOLVER ...its her only saving grace.

SHE ShOULD perFORm REVOLVER on tHe MtV AwaRDS.!!!!

With Lil' Wayne... sad but at least the radio will pick up. :dazed:

I love how everyone is so sure that Revolver is a duet with Lil Wayne, and that it's somehow guaranteed to be a hit at radio. :wacko::lmao:

Says the person who's so positive about Celebration to be a hit.

I'll be glad when the tour is over. The second leg was unnecessary other than to pump more money out of the fans.

she wont promote it because she thinks she doesnt have to when in actual fact the single (at least here in the UK) is proving to be one of her biggest flops ever. shame.

Didn't the single leap into the Top 10 on the official airplay chart yesterday (up to #9 from #25 last week)? Hmmmm....yes, massive flop....

I'll be glad when the tour is over. The second leg was unnecessary other than to pump more money out of the fans.

Couldn't agree more.

No 2nd chance for OZ/Japan date and so many cancellation, tainted her soldout queen reputation.

^ Well, there might be more in store. According to a webmaster at MTRIBE, Guy Oseary told him that there are preliminary negotiations going on for a Celebration Tour in late 2010 and into 2011. He hinted it would kick off in Australia and probably tour the far east (of Asia) before hitting Europe in 2011.

I have NO IDEA if this is even remotely true, although MTRIBE does seem to know more than most. If it is true, I guess I would be happy for Australia but sad for (probably) no new album. I am fearful of touring burn-out.

<<Que the obligatory comments of "I'll believe the Australia dates when the tickets go on sale.">>

^ Well, there might be more in store. According to a webmaster at MTRIBE, Guy Oseary told him that there are preliminary negotiations going on for a Celebration Tour in late 2010 and into 2011. He hinted it would kick off in Australia and probably tour the far east (of Asia) before hitting Europe in 2011.

I have NO IDEA if this is even remotely true, although MTRIBE does seem to know more than most. If it is true, I guess I would be happy for Australia but sad for (probably) no new album. I am fearful of touring burn-out.

<<Que the obligatory comments of "I'll believe the Australia dates when the tickets go on sale.">>

Dance2nite @ Tribe:

Alright, Paolo told me that it will most likely not be a GH tour but a New Tour with Madonna releasing a New Album before the tour begins so maybe a New Album next July/August. Apparently the tour will begin in Australia in Nov/Dec 2010 then head to Japan and maybe some new Asian markets. US and Europe should follow in 2011. Not sure about South America.

Paolo (Webmaster at Madonnatribe)@ Tribe:

No, don't trust me.

Trust Guy Oseary that is telling anybody and their mother to get their wallets ready because they will start touring from down under next year and he's positive no one will be able to resist and will follow her wherever she wants her fans to follow her (nice to send a warning in advance so that we can refrain from spending our money in any different way, mr.)

Then, he can be saying bullshit - but he would be him, not me.

Guest gloriesbarcelona

I doubt we will be seeing much of Madonna after this tour

I'm missing her already... And her face... I don't know, like something is different since those cheeks went up :nocomment:

Couldn't agree more.

No 2nd chance for OZ/Japan date and so many cancellation, tainted her soldout queen reputation.

Horn, she only cancelled two dates with the 2009 Sticky and Sweet Tour. The first one was cancelled cause of the stage accident that killed crew members. The second one was due to poor ticket sales.

Oh, I think she's long past menopause. She is 51, after all.

:lol:

Anyway, I am excited if a new album IS involved. She can tour all she wants as long as we get some new music!

Guest Danny86

From Dance2nite as well:

Alright i have found out some more info from someone who talked with Guy O at the Budapest concert. Apparently Madonna will release a New Album next fall 2010 and begin touring in Australia and Japan in late 2010 before heading to South America in early 2011 then onto North America and finally finishing the tour in Europe in summer 2011.

"And it will NOT be a Greatest Hits Tour", it will be a New Tour with new songs etc, Guy O said.

I'm not that surprised about the tour, but not sure about the album, it's meant to be released a year from now and unless Oakenfold, Frank E, Monte Pittman or the Gypsy trio are producing it, I'm not sure if Madonna has a new direction in mind already... I guess it was the same after the Girlie Show, right? On that tour she talked about recording with the band and probably had no intention to get the BS producers back then, so it happened quickly.

It goes without saying there would be no promo once again and the tour will be the only focus and the music will be written especially to be performed live, so people who still wish the old "eras" back should start getting used to this...

^ Yeah, it's probably gonna be the same set-up as with Hard Candy. Maybe one or two promo shows but then immediately into the tour rehearsals. Ciaran Gribbin from Ireland who helped co-write "Celebration" did say that she might be saving the unreleased - but recorded - "Broken" for her next studio album with Live Nation. It is possible she has a number of songs written with other collaborators already and will just bring in a new producer to re-work them.

I do have to say though, if this 2010 tour turns out to be true, she is going to be very busy for the next 12 months. New album plus a new tour already - almost a year away? I guess she's not slowing down. Maybe since she doesn't have to make time for Guy Ritchie anymore, she's throwing herself back into her career more.

Guest Danny86

^She knows she's not getting any younger and the contract she signed is quite straightfoward about what she needs to do in the next decade, so she indeed won't be slowing down.

I can see some older songs being reworked, she did the same for HC as well. But if the schedule is correct, surely she won't be able to find "underground producers" this time around either, especially if she's gonna direct that movie first.

From Dance2nite as well:

Alright i have found out some more info from someone who talked with Guy O at the Budapest concert. Apparently Madonna will release a New Album next fall 2010 and begin touring in Australia and Japan in late 2010 before heading to South America in early 2011 then onto North America and finally finishing the tour in Europe in summer 2011.

"And it will NOT be a Greatest Hits Tour", it will be a New Tour with new songs etc, Guy O said.

I'm not that surprised about the tour, but not sure about the album, it's meant to be released a year from now and unless Oakenfold, Frank E, Monte Pittman or the Gypsy trio are producing it, I'm not sure if Madonna has a new direction in mind already... I guess it was the same after the Girlie Show, right? On that tour she talked about recording with the band and probably had no intention to get the BS producers back then, so it happened quickly.

It goes without saying there would be no promo once again and the tour will be the only focus and the music will be written especially to be performed live, so people who still wish the old "eras" back should start getting used to this...

I've heard the same thing in Milan from a very reliable source and well, it makes sense.

Well the album release schedule sounds about right since she usually releases an album every 2 and a half years but I sort of expected it to take longer this time with the GH and the transition to the new label. As for the tour, I hope she wont tour AGAIN in a year it will be the THIRD TOUR in THREE YEARS. I know people will say OMG DONT YOU WANNA SEE MARGE LIVE AND LOOK INTO HER EYES and the usual drivel but I'd rather she took some time out and came out with something spectacular. I'd hate when Madonna touring becomes COMMONPLACE.

Horn, she only cancelled two dates with the 2009 Sticky and Sweet Tour. The first one was cancelled cause of the stage accident that killed crew members. The second one was due to poor ticket sales.

She cancelled 4 dates:

08/07/2009 - Manchester, England

19/07/2009 - Marseille, France

28/07/2009 - Hamburg, Germany

20/08/2009 - Ljubljana, Slovenia

Well the album release schedule sounds about right since she usually releases an album every 2 and a half years but I sort of expected it to take longer this time with the GH and the transition to the new label. As for the tour, I hope she wont tour AGAIN in a year it will be the THIRD TOUR in THREE YEARS. I know people will say OMG DONT YOU WANNA SEE MARGE LIVE AND LOOK INTO HER EYES and the usual drivel but I'd rather she took some time out and came out with something spectacular. I'd hate when Madonna touring becomes COMMONPLACE.

* SIGNED *

She cancelled 4 dates:

08/07/2009 - Manchester, England

19/07/2009 - Marseille, France

28/07/2009 - Hamburg, Germany

20/08/2009 - Ljubljana, Slovenia

and weren't some moved to different venues or played to half full stadiums? Before anyone flips out Im not trying to be negative, just saying that there is such a thing as TOO MUCH OF A GOOD THING.

Guest Danny86

I think the new tour will be just an excuse to finally milk Australia, you know it wouldn't be scheduled if they were extending S&ST to there now. I wouldn't be surprised if she did like 20 dates in Australia and Asia and then just her usual markets in NA (NYC, LA, Chicago, Miami, Montreal, Toronto...) and a very limited schedule in Europe. Other than London & Paris, she can only do a bit of Scandinavia, Ireland and Turkey and you can bet she will want Israel again, but other than that, not much else. She won't even be going back to bigger markets like Germany and Spain, let alone Eastern Europe.

and weren't some moved to different venues or played to half full stadiums? Before anyone flips out Im not trying to be negative, just saying that there is such a thing as TOO MUCH OF A GOOD THING.

I think she should stop touring until 2012 and focus on making a good album.

No movie PLEASE.

Guest gloriesbarcelona

Well I saw S&S in August 2008, so I suppose august 2011 is quite decent though I agree that her starting to tour in a years time seems too soon.