First Official Adverts For Greatest Hits Album!

robster

Hopefully there will be lengthier ads. A quick little tearer is cool, but... Even GHV2 had a longer, phone-in-to-order ad.

I also would love to see the original ITG, but I wouldn't let TIC version being used deter me from purchasing. My biggest complaint about TIC version is the cut-off of th glorious "Now I know you're mine" climax- they could always add that in.

Has there been any news about whether there would also be a DVD release to go along with the greatest hits? Sort of the way TIC was released with an accompanying video...

The clerk at FYE looked in to the release list and told me there would be a special edition CD with a DVD. of course he said all was subject to change by the lable.

Guest Danny86

^I can't see them wasting a complete videography DVD for a limited edition, so that bonus DVD must be something else, maybe just her videos since 2000 or something? Or the making of "Celebrate"?

Guest nothingfails0603
According to Madonna.com, the dvd will include the documentary I am because we are as a bonus.

lol, then it's not such a "special" edition after all :lmao:

I want a complete video collection that has EVERYTHING. The end of her stint with Warner is the perfect time to cash in and do something like this.

the three colors also can lend itself to the marc jacobs shoot with the saturation that will be possibly be used as the cover art etc.

i was really hoping for all the songs to be updated a bit with new mixes but i know most of you would freak out about that. the days of cds are over so what's the point of having a digital release with old songs on it?

Guest Danny86
Wait- the DVD will include IABWA as a bonus- sooooo, will the DVD include MAIn content, that isn't a bonus? Or, is the DVD simply IABWA?

It was a joke...

Guest ursaminorjim
i was really hoping for all the songs to be updated a bit with new mixes but i know most of you would freak out about that. the days of cds are over so what's the point of having a digital release with old songs on it?

Well, it'd be a fine thing to have the proper versions of the songs with a nice spit 'n polish remastering job.

And there'd damned well better be vinyl!

I love this one the BEST. Most iconic photo of her EVER. Plus this version of vogue sounds like the one played during her exhibit installation with Steven Klien..

^again bring back STEVEN Klein!!!!!

Guest ursaminorjim

^again bring back STEVEN Klein!!!!!

Okay, maybe it's just seeing this piece out of context, but...umm...

:unsure:

..that was dreadful. Keep Steven Klein away. :lmao:

That said, I do wish she'd apply some of the same instincts that go into her tour films towards her music videos.

The clerk at FYE looked in to the release list and told me there would be a special edition CD with a DVD. of course he said all was subject to change by the lable.

I'm sure they are anticipating a DVD to accompany it. But I am not going to hold my breath to be anything substantial. American Life was supposed to have a DVD accompany it and up until recently, several sources still listed it as a special edition.

Anyway, I liked the teasers. I'm just curious how and why Madonnalicious and Madonnatribe got these. Quite possibly, it's a new strategy... use the fan sites to help promote. Lord knows they can't bother to update Madonna.com with anything new until fan sites verify it first... so why not? LOL!

so here's a silly question... please don't anyone say anything to make me feel more clueless, but was revolver ever made official as a madonna track that she will actually sing and will be based on the lyrics from that demo? i'm still having a hard time picturing that just because of how different a tone it is from "celebrate"

^That's our Madge- tryin' on different things.

Nothing really is confirmed until WB releases the GH tracklisting and such. I imagine that could be happening within the next few weeks?

oh, i know, i like the way she reinvents herself and all... but i was wondering if revolver is really hers lol i mean there's leaks of celebration and there were leaks of clips of that song from hard candy with timberlake (forget the name of it) but revolver is catchy... hope it's legit

Charts arent the only thing in the world you know? I would say many of these so called flops are synonymous with Madonna and its all part of her legacy. Not everything on IC was a number one hit in every country in the world. I would much rather it be a disc that told the story of her career, her rise, her power, her art than a shitty little 'these are the songs that sold the most units' compilation.

I second that. After all she's not Moo and the GH should show off her career's diversity not which song got what where.

This would be really nice. Especially because it seems like it would work well with the C/M/Y artwork concept -- one disc can be cyan, one can be magenta, and the third can be yellow.

The font recalls the "American Life" font (check the CD maxi-single for example) a little too much for my taste. Otherwise it's interesting. I didn't get the backwards thing at first -- it took me a second to get the whole 'looking back' angle.

But wait, seriously, am I the only one who is surprised these ads say September? The last I had heard the S&ST DVD was the September release and the GH was November. Things are changing fast. (I've not been keeping tabs on things as closely the last few weeks, unfortunately, but still I'm surprised by that switch.)

I like these advertisements. Clever, to the point, and actually somewhat creative (backward music, backward 'Sept 2009'). Certainly moreso than Hard Candy's promotional spots.

Uh huh. Only her shitty little record label should be concering themselves with unit sales. Sadly I think gay fans (its mostly gays that do this) put some kind of relevance and importance on chart positioning. Like 'my pop star got five number ones!!! Yours didn't!!! Suck it guys!!!' Jeez get over it. Does anyone give a fuck!?

Well, it IS called a GREATEST HITS not a CD WITH SOME COOL SONGS FROM MADONNA.