New Single ("Celebrate" or "Celebration"?) to hit Radio Soon

dubtronic

I think i read that Monday 3rd August is the actual radio date world wide so theres still a few weeks left to wait unless the whole track leaks.

the whole thing will leak in a week mark my words

On a side note I read that Whitney's new single "Million Dollar Bill" will be dropping exactly the same day as Celebration/Celebrate on July 28,

Another Diva Smackdown.......

whouston.png

0715madge.jpg

Nevertheless, i look forwards to the collection. Hope Cool and Broken are either B sides or iTune extras!

I keep reading this comment from various people, but "B-sides" are pretty much non-existent anymore. Now, we have "Bonus Tracks" to albums which is possible with the digital album copies.

She hasn't had a B-Side side since "Jump" (History) and even with the Confession singles there weren't really proper singles released other than digital. All the hard copies came in Maxi/EP Remix sets.

Guest ursaminorjim
Please explain to me in what way its like Rescue me?

Bit of a throwaway track recorded for a compilation album and based on a sound made popular in clubs a few years previous that includes samples from previous hits and that some fans will adore and others will ignore.

Guest nothingfails0603
It depends on the female artist. Each artist appeals to a different demographic. At Britney/Kylie/Madonna/Cher concerts you see tons of gay people and girls.

A total stereotype. I saw Cher a couple times when she hit my area and every time, the largest percentage of men were straight married guys over 40 who grew up with her and Sonny on TV. I was actually shocked at how relatively un-gay the audience at her concerts tended to be.

Bit of a throwaway track recorded for a compilation album and based on a sound made popular in clubs a few years previous that includes samples from previous hits and that some fans will adore and others will ignore.

I Love Rescue Me!

Guest IJustFuctMadonna
its a freaking gh ppl!...she certainly wouldnt do anything new or abstract for a retrospective...some of u need to pull ur heads out of ur collectively snobby asses

i love it it sounds fun!

Justify My Love, the first TIC single, was very different compared to her previous work. It was a complete surprise and pretty cool. It also hinted at her new musical direction.

This, however... :scared:

Justify My Love, the first TIC single, was very different compared to her previous work. It was a complete surprise and pretty cool. It also hinted at her new musical direction.

I must say, however, that I like this 20-second clip of "Celebrate" much more than "Justify My Love" (I personally prefer it when singers actually sing--rather than just talk--during their songs).

Whenever i've seen Madonna at MSG, i've always been struck by how diverse the crowd is. There are plenty of hetero couples, gays, women, old, and young...all coming to see her for whatever reason. It is most definitely not just a gay crowd.

i totally agree with you , when i went to see her at the o2 i thought i won't see no one but gays but when i was there that wasn't the case , the crowd was really diverse

that's when i realized , it's not just the gays who love her , EVERYONE loves Madonna , even if they don't admit it

truly the Queen :bow:

agreed :thumbsup:

Agreed, Danny. Anyhoo, I reckon we should post this on each new page. Just to have a reference.

A scant...context-less...20-second reference. :lol:

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmfVndEp5oI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmfVndEp5oI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmfVndEp5oI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

OH MY GOD

just listening to this makes me wanna come!!

FUCKING HOT

i'm telling you people , seeing M live made me appreciate her on a whole other level

just thinking about hearing her perform it live

GYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH :dramatic:

On a side note I read that Whitney's new single "Million Dollar Bill" will be dropping exactly the same day as Celebration/Celebrate on July 28,

Another Diva Smackdown.......

whouston.png

0715madge.jpg

Ooh please. Whitney is DONE! she could release a song with badass production and a catchy beat and it would still be a FLOP.

much like Michael Jacksons new album would have been...had he still been alive

I guess that is what pisses me off about the whole MJ thing. His music was shit in the 90's and then he faded away..now that he is gone he is some sort of amazing artist. Gimme a break..making a 10 min video over an over again does not make you a fabulous artist.

Ooh please. Whitney is DONE! she could release a song with badass production and a catchy beat and it would still be a FLOP.

much like Michael Jacksons new album would have been...had he still been alive

I guess that is what pisses me off about the whole MJ thing. His music was shit in the 90's and then he faded away..now that he is gone he is some sort of amazing artist. Gimme a break..making a 10 min video over an over again does not make you a fabulous artist.

Don't be silly. Michael was the only person besides Madonna who would sell no matter what , at least worldwide and that's a fact. Just like Madonna, he never had a true flop album. Even the remix album "Blood On The Dancefloor" sold like 5 or 6 million. He never had a true flop, not even Invincible-still sold at least 7 or 8 million. Sorry, but just because yourself and a lot of others hated him doesn't mean anything. He had a huge fanbase all his life that bought anything he put out. No album of his would have ever flopped that badly, dead or alive he would have always gone multi platinum. Don't be stupid now.

Oh and I like his 90's stuff. Some of his best music was produced then.

Don't be silly. Michael was the only person besides Madonna who would sell no matter what , at least worldwide and that's a fact. Just like Madonna, he never had a true flop album. Even the remix album "Blood On The Dancefloor" sold like 5 or 6 million. He never had a true flop, not even Invincible-still sold at least 7 or 8 million. Sorry, but just because yourself and a lot of others hated him doesn't mean anything. He had a huge fanbase all his life that bought anything he put out. No album of his would have ever flopped that badly, dead or alive he would have always gone multi platinum. Don't be stupid now.

Oh and I like his 90's stuff. Some of his best music was produced then.

I think what the person was trying to say is that had he released any NEW material this year before he died it probably wouldnt have done so well. After all before he died (and everyone started kissing his ass) a huge majority thought he was a freak and would not have supported his album/singles unless it was on the scale of WBT/HU and even then...

As for Whitney she was struggling back in 2001 so now that she's deep into middle age I doubt she'll have a mega come back.

I really think if you appreciate this song (i know its only a small clip) then you are really short on good taste seeing as its absolutely SHIT :lmao: and to think this is the same woman that gave us Ray of Light and Music! dreadful. I knew teaming up with that middle aged teenager paul okenfold was a horrid idea, it seems as though they've produced something utterly dire as expected.

Guest bluejean

Sorry but I don't think this song sounds very good. Immediately what springs to mind is a more dated version of bside 'History.' Maybe this part isn't the chorus?

'Revolver' on the other hand was/is great.