Madonna releases statement about MJ's death

SexPistol

Guest confessedit

she did a short take on Billie Jean during Like A Virgin during the Virgin Tour....really there is no one on the planet who hasn't been influenced by Michael Jackson or Madonna

Guest chatty kathy
she did a short take on Billie Jean during Like A Virgin during the Virgin Tour....really there is no one on the planet who hasn't been influenced by Michael Jackson or Madonna

:thumbsup: That was a beautiful tribute at the time of that concert! I love when she does that w/song popular that she liked and wants to give props to!

They recorded a song together too.

No, they didn't. They were supposed to do "In the Closet" for Dangerous but it never got recorded with her. He used the Princess of Monaco or something.

Anyway, it's nice to see Madonna having something to say but I really didn't think she WOULDN'T comment. She couldn't stop talking about Princess Diana and Versace in the late 90's when they kicked it.

Guest chatty kathy
Anyway, it's nice to see Madonna having something to say but I really didn't think she WOULDN'T comment. She couldn't stop talking about Princess Diana and Versace in the late 90's when they kicked it.

Yes, and her statements were sweet.

Although they did hang out together for a brief time around the time of the Oscars, I don't think they really remained close friends.

If anyone knows otherwise please correct me if I'm wrong.

I guess she admired Diana, and thought an out of control papparrazi was partially to blame.(Most of us did until the drivers toxicology report came out)

And she and Versace were much closer friends, and he was also a freined of Diana's as well. Just IMPHO.

Guest jamesshot

I am a tad surprised the media hasn't been playing up the "Queen and King of Pop" angle with her statement. As we know, there are plenty of photos of them together as well as video.

In fact, I have not heard anyone refer to her as the "Queen of Pop" tonight.

I am a tad surprised the media hasn't been playing up the "Queen and King of Pop" angle with her statement. As we know, there are plenty of photos of them together as well as video.

I don't think it's that public a moniker 4 Madonna..But I was surprised the way even Wolf Blitzer kept saying:

Michael Jackson - King Of Pop.

RIP Mike..

Guest Not4Pussies

i think cuz of the fact that michael actually gave himself the title of king of pop

he wanted to be referred as that

madonna has never publicly said, i am the queen of pop and i want to be called that from now on

some people refer to her as the queen of pop. some dont

some call mariah or lady gaga the queens of pop... but thats another story

madonna does refer to herself as simply the queen or creamy smooth pop icon goddess =)

Guest jamesshot

Madonna is widely accepted as the Queen of Pop. She is called that in most articles about her. Mariah ( I am not even going to dignify the notion of Lady Gaga as QOP) has never been seriously referred to as the QOP except by delusional lambs.

Madonna has been named the Queen of Pop by almost every media outlet.

Madonna is widely accepted as the Queen of Pop. She is called that in most articles about her. Mariah ( I am not even going to dignify the notion of Lady Gaga as QOP) has never been seriously referred to as the QOP except by delusional lambs.

Madonna has been named the Queen of Pop by almost every media outlet.

Yes I know..But She's 1st & foremost 'the material girl'..that moniker, 4 her,

is on the same level as people referring 2 MJ as the 'King Of Pop'.

Guest jamesshot
Yes I know..But She's 1st & foremost 'the material girl'..that moniker, 4 her,

is on the same level as people referring 2 MJ as the 'King Of Pop'.

Right I understand that. But she is getting to be referred to as QOP about as much as she is the MG. In fact, I don't see her labeled by the press as the MG as much as I do the QOP.

Still, the passing of the KOP seems a juicy angle for the press to play up the KOP-QOP with MJ and M given the images of the 2 together combined with M's statement.

actually i even read a comment to the news that said "we lost our queen of pop" the poor guy was mistaken.

and on cnn ive heard more than one person saying that it was all about mj, prince, and madonna in the 80s, those were the icons. some see her in the same level, others (which shouldnt surprise us at this current time) have said that what he did, the sellouts for his tour, is something no other artist can or will ever do.

also, i got the idea there was only one very obvious king of pop, and that was michael (and still is)

"queen of pop" has been used for even a new singer like katy perry. its less obvious. it is for us, but not for everyone else. many female singers have been labeled queen of pop (unfairly) this never happened with michael.

His death is such a shock. 50 is a very young age to die. The mystery of his death will ascend to the ranks of the passing of Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, and John Lennon along with the conspiracy theories. One of the true legends.

Michael Jackson was always known as the King of Pop and Madonna as the Queen of Pop. All the more reason to appreciate Madonna while she is still here. God bless her.

i think cuz of the fact that michael actually gave himself the title of king of pop

he wanted to be referred as that

madonna has never publicly said, i am the queen of pop and i want to be called that from now on

some people refer to her as the queen of pop. some dont

some call mariah or lady gaga the queens of pop... but thats another story

madonna does refer to herself as simply the queen or creamy smooth pop icon goddess =)

Michael never came out anywhere and said he was the King of Pop. I don't know why people still continue to run with that lie. Elizabeth Taylor was the first to call him that, he liked the name and the fans started calling him that as well. No doubt he loved being referred to as "The King of Pop" but this whole thing about him demanding to be called that is ridiculous. Even if he actually did tho, who cares. No one deserved the title more than him.

Guest jamesshot
actually i even read a comment to the news that said "we lost our queen of pop" the poor guy was mistaken.

and on cnn ive heard more than one person saying that it was all about mj, prince, and madonna in the 80s, those were the icons. some see her in the same level, others (which shouldnt surprise us at this current time) have said that what he did, the sellouts for his tour, is something no other artist can or will ever do.

also, i got the idea there was only one very obvious king of pop, and that was michael (and still is)

"queen of pop" has been used for even a new singer like katy perry. its less obvious. it is for us, but not for everyone else. many female singers have been labeled queen of pop (unfairly) this never happened with michael.

No. Madonna has consistently been labeled the QOP by the press. I have heard JT be called KOP before. I have also heard other male singers (Usher) be labeled the new KOP. Of course that is going to happen. But I think it is fairly established MJ IS the KOP and M IS the QOP.

No. Madonna has consistently been labeled the QOP by the press. I have heard JT be called KOP before. I have also heard other male singers (Usher) be labeled the new KOP. Of course that is going to happen. But I think it is fairly established MJ IS the KOP and M IS the QOP.

Who really cares now?

Michael never came out anywhere and said he was the King of Pop. I don't know why people still continue to run with that lie. Elizabeth Taylor was the first to call him that, he liked the name and the fans started calling him that as well. No doubt he loved being referred to as "The King of Pop" but this whole thing about him demanding to be called that is ridiculous. Even if he actually did tho, who cares. No one deserved the title more than him.

Perhaps this isn't the time to get into arguments now.

I think Madonna, like the rest of us, will be in pure shock but she is probably one of the few people on the planet who could totally empathise with his life. Also, he was going to follow her concerts at the O2 which will add to poignancy of his passing.

It would be great if she could add a bit of Michael like she did with Billie Jean to the concert - one of his contemporaries to honour him.

Guest bluejean

I would compare it to if someone you went to school with died. Maybe you don't know them well, but you still feel a sense of sadness and grief.

Madonna had numerous encounters with Michael, she knew him.

I was surprised by her statement coming so quickly though. She was the first big name to comment that wasn't coming from Twitter.

Guest Pud Whacker
PLEASE this is not the time to become hysterical over the fact people didnt label Madonna the Queen of Pop. Have some respect and perspective. Jesus.

per usual you have it wrong. michael called himself the king of pop. the media, writers and others referred to madonna as the queen. now learn that and get out. cheers. respect. OUT. :rotfl:

Guest Pud Whacker
Once again you GLARINGLY miss the point. Unbelievable.

if its ONCE AGAIN shouldnt it be BELIEVABLE?

Guest Pud Whacker
ONE THINKS that you would be able to contain your LUNACY in this TRAGIC instance. Anyway I'm done with this, it makes me feel dirty and sad even debating this with you.

please, martyr doesnt fit you. youre filth. so sling your arrows while you put on your halo and glow on. you cant help yourself with me.

Loved this, it was the BEST.