SIMPLY STUNNING.

acko

FABULOUS

Any shots of when one of the gays treads on her dress and she looks like she is either going to laugh or go made and you see her taking deep breaths to calm down ?

FABULOUS

Any shots of when one of the gays treads on her dress and she looks like she is either going to laugh or go made and you see her taking deep breaths to calm down ?

haven't seen any..but some of those shots might b from the 2nd performance.

****wakes up from coma****

WHOOOO!!!!STUNNING!!!!

thanks!!!

****falls back in a coma****

Edited by stijn

I was watching this performance again yesterday. Still leaves me in AWE like the 1st time I saw it.

I remember seeing the daytime repeat on MTV Europe. Remember the pré-internet days..

when things would just be on without u knowing about it in advance..

I remember being stunned & totally red faced throughout the performance..afraid 2 look at my brother

who was watching it with me..He didn't say a word he understood It was just 2 fabulous 4 me

& I couldn't take it.. :chuckle::fag:

I spent my childhood and early adolescence using any available fan to practice. Still don't have it down.

Yes, but I hear ur wrist is really limp. :fag:

Guest ursaminorjim

Hands down her finest live performance, and, as paradise said, the best awards show performance ever by anyone. It's completely flawless from concept to design to execution. It's both elegant and refined and bawdy and hilarious, and sexy and lewd without being crass or obvious. And it was completely unexpected (oh, the glorious day before the internet ruined the element of surprise!).

When certain board members question why I'm here, and do I even like Madonna? This is why I'm here. This is why I'm a fan. Because she has moments like this, where it all comes together.

It's just absolutely perfect.

^Indeed- and loved the fact that she didn't even bother strapping a headset on- had anyone ever done that for an awards show performance? Probably not. Some may have lip-synched, but with no microphone in sight?

The whole year of 1990 was just one in-your-face "I Already Have Left My Legendary Mark" journey for the woman. She had great moments thereafter, that padded the legacy, but it was signed, sealed and delivered in 1990.

Her best performance ever :wow:

The whole year of 1990 was just one in-your-face "I Already Have Left My Legendary Mark" journey for the woman. She had great moments thereafter, that padded the legacy, but it was signed, sealed and delivered in 1990.

Yup

Guest Disgusting Cat
Hands down her finest live performance, and, as paradise said, the best awards show performance ever by anyone. It's completely flawless from concept to design to execution. It's both elegant and refined and bawdy and hilarious, and sexy and lewd without being crass or obvious. And it was completely unexpected (oh, the glorious day before the internet ruined the element of surprise!).

When certain board members question why I'm here, and do I even like Madonna? This is why I'm here. This is why I'm a fan. Because she has moments like this, where it all comes together.

It's just absolutely perfect.

She lipped it, and it was a mediocre performance, lol. I was fucking gutted that this average performace was put on her DVD of music videos instead of Justify My Love. :lol: To each his own, I guess...

Guest ursaminorjim

Wow! That's the first time I've ever read of someone calling it mediocre and average! :lol:

You're right - it takes all kinds. Or rather, "beauty's where you find it."

It was a perfect time to release TIC as well. The summation of the 1983-1990 period let everyone see all those songs together (regardless of Q-sound mixes!) and sit in aw of their impact, and how they defined the era.

And, yes- to diss this monumental performance? Lower your head in SHAME, DC... :gent:

It was a perfect time to release TIC as well. The summation of the 1983-1990 period let everyone see all those songs together (regardless of Q-sound mixes!) and sit in aw of their impact, and how they defined the era.

:rotfl:

I might be wrong But I guess this was one of the few first performances with a theatrical theme subject @ MTV. Later it started to be a tradition, every year one or two theatrical performances.