Best moments from Madonna's tours...

Guest seancannon

The fact that you said this without the slightest bit of irony made me chuckle.

me chuckling :lol:

Well, at the end, it's like CT's "Let It Will Be" -- it gets really frenetic and crazy, where she's throwing herself around and thrashing about. It's really a fantastic performance -- the concept is good (with the past incarnations of Madonna), the song is solid (and it's a tighter version than the album version), the background video is amazing (great editing and image choices). Her vocals aren't bad all the way through -- they're just a little weak/shrill on the verses at times, I thought. (And this opinion is mostly generated from YouTube viewings to help fuel my own memory of seeing it live.)

Maybe sometimes I'm a bit too earnest? But I'm glad I could make you laugh. :)

VIRGIN - that ridiculous disco pose she strikes at the beginning of "Dress You Up." :lol: LOVE IT.

MDressYouUp.jpg

WHO'S THAT GIRL - the dance-off she has with the "Open Your Heart" boy. Cute. :)

MWTG.jpg

BLONDE AMBITION - the hilarious pilates arm stretches during the "Like a Prayer" instrumental. :lmao: BEST.

MBlondeAmbition.jpg

DROWNED WORLD - ripping off her wig after "Mer Girl."

MDWT.jpg

REINVENTION - TIE between: spitting at the "Die Another Day" guard.

MReinvention.jpg

and - THROWING herself to the ground during "Nobody Knows Me." I tried to do that for weeks. :lol: OW.

MReinvention2.jpg

CONFESSIONS - NOTHING beats the sexual intercourse she has with the boombox. On fiyah. :vanitybonet:

MConfessions.jpg

RUNNER UP - the kick she does during "Let It Will Be." What the fuck, how does someone go that high in skinny jeans. There goes her baby-making factory. Only my Madonna. :inlove:

MadonnaKick.gif

STICKY & SWEET - TIE between: going batshit crazy at the end of "She's Not Me".

MSticky.jpg

and - the Tyra hairflips she does as she goes down the conveyor belt during "Like a Prayer." I know she does them at the end as well, but this was SUCH a powerful moment. And it feels like... :wow:

MSticky2.jpg

Blond Ambition was when she started doing proper theatrical/musical tours. My highlights are:

Blond Ambition = Express Yourself

Girlie Show = Fever/Bye Bye Baby

Reinvention = Vogue/Nobody Knows Me

Confessions = Music Inferno

Sticky & Sweet = 4 Minutes 2 Vogue

love your breakdown WITH PHOTOS, madfan!!! :thumbsup:

Thank you! :) Those have always been the moments that STUCK OUT to me.

Guest Johnkm

The Virgin Tour:

Crazy For You/Gambler/Over + Over

The Whos That Girl Tour:

Causing A Commotion

Blond Ambition:

Express Yourself

Sooner Or Later (especially in Barcelona, where she did that hilariously deep voice)

Papa Dont Preach

Hanky Panky

Girlie Show:

Express Yourself (my fave performance from any of her pre-DWT tours)

La Isla Bonita

Whys It So Hard

Drowned World Tour:

The End

Re-Invention:

Exoress Yourself

Papa Dont Preach

American Life

Burning Up

Crazy For You

Hanky Panky

Deeper And Deeper

Lament

Imagine

Confessions:

Future Lovers

Get Together

Let It Will Be (second fave performance ever of hers, so much energy, much improves the song)

Forbidden Love

Like It Or Not

Live To Tell

La Isla Bonita

Lucky Star

Hung Up

Sorry

Jump

Drowned World/Substitute For Love

Ray Of Light

Paradise (Not For Me)

Erotica/You Thrill Me

Sticky & Sweet:

Candy Shop

Vogue

SHES NOT ME (perfection)

Like A Prayer

Give It 2 Me

Spanish Lesson

Heartbeat

Devil Wouldnt Recognize You

Ray Of Light

La Isla Bonita

VIRGIN TOUR

Dress You Up-- the poses going down the steps and that big smile she flashes before starting to sing.

Lucky Star-- the end when she shakes her ass really fast then turns her head around as the song ends and strikes a pose...she looks like a skank. PERFECTION!! Something is said on that part too, but I never could understand what she's saying.

WHO'S THAT GIRL

Live To Tell- just the dramatics of it all..... her strained face...the collapse on the ground...the prolonged breakdown. :dramatic:

Who's That Girl- "WHOOOOOOOOOO'S THAAAAAAAAAT GRRRRRRRRL".............LOVE THAT PART!!!

BLONDE AMBITION

Like A Virgin- the frantic bed humping....of course!!

Holiday- the dancing at the end.

GIRLIE SHOW

Erotica- the pose she's striking as she rises from below the stage. Also the very end with the walk down the catwalk and the intro to....

Fever- "captain smith and pocahontas" as she grinds her crotch in the dancers face and on his shoulder :lol:

Deeper and Deeper- the orgy at the end as the song goes into Why's It So Hard

DROWNED WORLD

Drowned World into Impressive Instant- when she looks up and looks posessed and she puts her hands up by her head and starts the "writhing" looking dance as the beat to II kicks in. :bow:

Mer Girl II- when she rips of the wig and shoots the gun and the WIFLFAG remix anime vid starts.

Human Nature- when she rips off the jacket at the beginning and when she's riding "Jesus" later.

Holiday- the part when she, Donna and Niki are dancing together during the breakdown in Holiday....reminded me of BAT at the time!! :wow:

REINVENTION

Vogue- the intro and the outro from the crab walk on to.....

Nobody Knows Me- All of it really, but especially the breakdown when she's dancing frantically and falls to the ground.

American Life- "Do I have to CHAAAANGE!!!"

Papa Don't Preach- the beginning because as soon as everybody in the arena heard those strings in that intro the whole place erupted! PDP is MAYBE her most distinctive intro to a song. CLASSIC! Also like the end when she's dancing and spinning with the girls.

REINVENT YOURSELF

CONFESSIONS

Future Lovers/I Feel Love- the intro....her best ever. MADONNA popping out of a fucking disco ball with a whip in hand?? CAN IT GET ANY BETTER??

Live To Tell- when she's rising from the stage on the cross.

Let It Will Be- "just watch me buuuuuurrrrrn" and the crazy dancing

Erotica/You Thrill Me- when she rips off the pants and does the "knee dance" thing.

Hung Up- the catwalk strut and boombox hump.

STICKY & SWEET

Candy Shop- the end when she struts up the stage and turns her head with a playful/slutty look as Pharrell says "M-A-D-O-N-N-A"....reminds me my favorite moment from LS on VT.

Vogue- the beginning choreography before she starts singing and the end when stomps and goes to the side of the stage and does a dance as she's being lowered.

Into The Groove- jumping rope

Heartbeat- the goofy little dance at the end and the kick in the air before she runs backstage to grab her guitar for Borderline.

She's Not Me- the end when she goes nuts and the "Madonna's" get abused or molested...lol.

Spanish Lesson- her dancing on the "when you do your homework..." parts.

Like A Prayer- from the headtosses going down the catwalk until the very end when the cage thing is falling around her and she's doing more head tossing. It looked EPIC!! :bow::dramatic:

virgin:

dress you up until over and over. the encores i dont care much for anymore. back then it was perfect live in person.

wtg:

the entire show is flawless.

blond ambition:

great sections. bad sections. great live in person.

the girlie show:

the one i never saw live. :sad: love it from beginning to end. best vocals ever. she blows express yourself and holiday out of the water.

drowned world:

save holiday, its perfect. one complaint is the controlled vocals but i understand as she matures she cant let it rip ala wtg or she will lose it completely.

reinvention:

same as BA with brilliant videos. plus she mastered her wtg conveyor belt.

confessions:

her tightest show. the drama of drowned world fused with the fun and sexy of virgin.

sticky and sweet:

perfection.

Pud....how come you never saw TGS live ????????? what prevented you from being there? :erotica:

Love that part in VT's LS as well, Kurt- how did I forget it? She was a little sex kitten then- and I thoght she was hot especially during that number, shakin' her bottom and all.

Yes, that's a scandalous HolidayGuy hetero moment.

Reinvention Tour

Nobody Knows Me - awesome music + dancing

American Life's rap - I love it, especially with the rock version

Mother & Father - she kills it in the end

Confessions Tour

Music - her solo dance before the end

La Isla Bonita - "I don't see you shakin' it!"

Sticky & Sweet Tour

Vogue - the intro

You Must Love Me - a highlight

VIRGIN - the whole experience. :vanitybonet:

WTG - that low quiet break in Live To Tell.

TGS - Erotica opener, Rain harmonies & orgy scene.

BAT - Keep it Together & Holiday

DWT - What if Feels Like for a Mohar dance tango choreog was amazing.

RIT - Nobody Knows Me, Deeper&D, Die another day dance sequence, opening spookiness

CONFESSIONS - the whole experience. :vanitybonet:

STICKY - VOGUE!(wow), YouMustLoveMe.

Virgin Tour

Dress You Up

Gambler

Crazy For You

Who's That Girl

Not really familiar with it, it’s the only concert of Madonna’s I don’t own.

Blond Ambition

Oh Father

Cherish

Like A Virgin

Girlie Show

Erotica

In This Life

Drowned World

Human Nature

Gone

Re-Invention

Nobody Knows Me

Confessions

Live to Tell

Paradise (Not For Me)

Sticky & Sweet

Haven’t seen any of it yet.

Virgin Tour: Dress You Up

Into The Groove (best performance ever!)

Over And Over

Who's That Girl: Open Your Heart

Causing A Commotion

Into The Groove

Blond Ambition : Express Yourself (my fav opening to any Madonna show)

Like A Virgin

Like A Prayer/Religious segment (2nd fav segment after GS disco segment)

Girlie Show: Express Yourself/Deeper&Deeper/WhysItSoHard/Inthislife (fucking love this segment)

La Isla Bonita (fav performance of this song)

Holiday (great audience interaction)

Fever (hot!)

Drowned World: Impressive Instant

Lu Que Siente La Mujer (Love this, stunning performance)

Sky Fits Heaven (awesome)

Re-Invention: Vogue

Nobody Knows Me

Papa Don't Preach

Confessions: Future Lovers

Erotica/You Thrill Me

Luckystar/Hung Up

Sticky And Sweet : Im gonna wait for the DVD :)

Love that part in VT's LS as well, Kurt- how did I forget it? She was a little sex kitten then- and I thoght she was hot especially during that number, shakin' her bottom and all.

Yes, that's a scandalous HolidayGuy hetero moment.

:lol:

She was at her sexiest during this time and on this tour IMO. An almost innocent sexy. She was cute. This is probably the time in her career that she was closest to being the pinup girl for the straight guys. And even if they didn't care for her I'm sure they didn't mind seeing the "hot" girls at school imitate her style of dress! :)

All the performances from that section of the show were hot. Gambler when she's on her knees and working the pole for a minute.....and I saw you mentioned Burning Up in your post. I'm assuming that's the clip from Dallas? That's the only one that's half way decent that I have ever seen and even that one has parts where it's hard to tell what's going on. The pics I've seen of the BU performance are indeed SMOKIN hot tho!! Hopefully one day we will get good footage of all the "lost" performances.

Guest seancannon
:lol:

She was at her sexiest during this time and on this tour IMO. An almost innocent sexy. She was cute. This is probably the time in her career that she was closest to being the pinup girl for the straight guys. And even if they didn't care for her I'm sure they didn't mind seeing the "hot" girls at school imitate her style of dress! :)

All the performances from that section of the show were hot. Gambler when she's on her knees and working the pole for a minute.....and I saw you mentioned Burning Up in your post. I'm assuming that's the clip from Dallas? That's the only one that's half way decent that I have ever seen and even that one has parts where it's hard to tell what's going on. The pics I've seen of the BU performance are indeed SMOKIN hot tho!! Hopefully one day we will get good footage of all the "lost" performances.

:thumbsup:

Guest Pud Whacker
WHOEVER SAYS THEY DONT LIKE THIS SHOULD BE SHOT.

:thumbsup:

its perfect. the way it was originally intended!!!

Guest dicktracy

VT: Dress You Up

WTG: La Isla Bonita

BA: Like A Virgin

TGS: Deeper And Deeper

DWT: Frozen

RIT: Vogue

CT: Music

S&S: Like A Prayer