Holiday and Dress You Up and Everybody Are Back!

moe

The extension of the Madonna tour is about to start in less than two months and here at MadonnaTribe we've heard a few things buzzing around.

Rehearsals are planned to take place in New York and starting at the beginning of June. They will approximatively go on for a month before flying to London for the premiere on July 4th.

As for the changes in the Sticky & Sweet set list a couple of beloved old classics will be replacing two songs of the 2008 lineup. The songs considered at the moment are the 1983 First Album classic hit Holiday, making its comeback in a Madonna tour and Dress You Up, the old fan favourite from Like A Virgin!

The inclusion of such classic songs will surely convince the people who were unsure about this tour extension that Madonna is once again trying something new, by strengthening her already successful show of 2008, reinventing it by adding more fan favourite oldies but goodies!

UPDATE:

Following today's report by Attitude magazine about the titles of new Madonna tracks, we have heard the buzz that there isn't actually a song titled "I'm Sorry" but that's just something Madonna says in the song that is at the moment called "Broken".

The other new song by Oakenfold has been correctly reported as being titled "Celebrate" but it is not a rework of the classic "Holiday".

It is indeed a new party song. But we heard that "Celebrate" and "Holiday" will be indeed mashed together along with "Everybody" in a brand new number of the Sticky And Sweet tour debuting in London on July 4th.

This medley is supposed to replace "Heartbeat" in the setlist while a Rock version of "Dress You Up", as previously reported here, is rehearsed as a replacement of "Bordeline" in the show.

The extension of the Madonna tour is about to start in less than two months and here at MadonnaTribe we've heard a few things buzzing around.

Rehearsals are planned to take place in New York and starting at the beginning of June. They will approximatively go on for a month before flying to London for the premiere on July 4th.

As for the changes in the Sticky & Sweet set list a couple of beloved old classics will be replacing two songs of the 2008 lineup. The songs considered at the moment are the 1983 First Album classic hit Holiday, making its comeback in a Madonna tour and Dress You Up, the old fan favourite from Like A Virgin!

The inclusion of such classic songs will surely convince the people who were unsure about this tour extension that Madonna is once again trying something new, by strengthening her already successful show of 2008, reinventing it by adding more fan favourite oldies but goodies!

If this is true, maybe Madonna was learning the flamenco dance for a latin/ gypsy version of Holiday and not Who's that Girl. That would be something new and surprising. Then again that was a rumor about the flamenco dance. :thumbsup:

Guest dicktracy

I'd replace Human Nature with Holiday and Spanish Lesson with Dress You Up. The girl needs Doli Doli to catch her breath...

It would be PERFECT...she's very clever. she comes in many european countries where she has never been and she includes one smash hit for everyone (Holiday) and one gem for the die hard fans (Dress You Up). I really hope this is true.

Guest harbors
I'd replace Human Nature with Holiday and Spanish Lesson with Dress You Up. The girl needs Doli Doli to catch her breath...

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I'm pretty sure if she does DYU it will be a rock version with her on guitar. She should replace HN with that.

And add Holiday at the end after GI2M. The crowd went bananas when Holiday came on at the end of the show. Many hung around for a moment thinking she was going to perform it at the shows I went to.

Guest Danny86

Madonna Tribe was 100% accurate with the 2008 setlist and they revealed it almost 2 months before the tour start, so I'd say this info is definitely true as well.

In the forum, one of the webmasters said that "Holiday" is replacing a Hard Candy song but "DYU" is replacing and old song, so all the "Spanish Lesson" haters can stop, because she's not gonna do a Gypsy version of "Holiday".

I'd say "Holiday" will (unfortunately) be the last song again while "Dress You Up" is replacing "Borderline". That's the simplest change and neither of them were huge EU hits anyway. I wish she replaced "Human Nature" but that way the Britney video would have been scrapped and I'm not sure Madonna wants that, especially since the DVD will include the original show anyway.

Madonna Tribe was 100% accurate with the 2008 setlist and they revealed it almost 2 months before the tour start, so I'd say this info is definitely true as well.

In the forum, one of the webmasters said that "Holiday" is replacing a Hard Candy song but "DYU" is replacing and old song, so all the "Spanish Lesson" haters can stop, because she's not gonna do a Gypsy version of "Holiday".

I'd say "Holiday" will (unfortunately) be the last song again while "Dress You Up" is replacing "Borderline". That's the simplest change and neither of them were huge EU hits anyway. I wish she replaced "Human Nature" but that way the Britney video would have been scrapped and I'm not sure Madonna wants that, especially since the DVD will include the original show anyway.

I really hope they keep SL. Her performance was kick ass on that song live. I HOPE HN is replaced but I think you are right that it will end up being Borderline that gets the boot. What a shame!! :(

I wish they could put something in place of 4M. That just doesn't work well live IMO but of course it's her latest hit so that has to stay. After GI2M would seem the only place that Holiday would really fit??

Guest Danny86

^Well some say "Holiday" is replacing "Heartbeat" or "SNM", but I can't see Madonna trading conceptual and theatrical numbers for "Holiday" and it would be too early in the show anyway, so yeah, "Give It 2 Me" is the most logical choice here.

Not sure why it has to be a replacement, she could do "Give It 2 Me" & "Holiday" as a medley. :thumbsdown:

Guest Johnkm

I dont want any of the Hard Candy song replace, their all fantastic, but if one did have to go, it would have to be Beat Goes On, the rest are all perfect, especially Shes Not Me.

I really dont want Holiday to be at the end, it will end up like Kylie tacking Love At First Sight, with its annoying 'join in' instrumental crap onto the end of her tours. Tedious, predictable and awful.

Guest dicktracy

I think Holiday will be early in the show. It'd be so cliche to have it at the end again. I still think it would be perfect replacing HN right before Vogue.

^Maybe they'll broadcast S&SV2.0 on TV and release the 'old' one on dvd...?

Hmm, I dunno. It doesn't make sense to me to release the DVD when there's a newer version of the show.

I just want to see what she does so I'd be happy if it aired on TV

Guest Danny86
Hmm, I dunno. It doesn't make sense to me to release the DVD when there's a newer version of the show.

It doesn't make sense either to record the show again because of 2 new songs and 1 new costume after she took the whole crew and set to Argentina.

It doesn't make sense either to record the show again because of 2 new songs and 1 new costume after she took the whole crew and set to Argentina.

1 new costume?I'm sure she'll have a brand new look, like Arienne said not a long time ago.I can't see her with the same look AGAIN.

Guest Danny86
1 new costume?I'm sure she'll have a brand new look, like Arienne said not a long time ago.I can't see her with the same look AGAIN.

1 or 2, the ones Arianne was responsible for (Old School & Futuristic Rave). Can't see her throwing out the Givenchy costumes, it's essentially going to be the same show after all.

Guest Danny86

The exact quote is:

"Right now I'm helping refurbish and create some new looks for Madonna's summer tour extension"

I believe that refers to Madonna's various characters on a tour and she's trying to change some of them, but it's definitely not about the whole tour look altogether.

In another interview, she called the Rave costume as her favourite, but said that the Old School costume was difficult to make, and we all know Madonna sometimes used a different one, so I think it's very possible that the Old School costume is going to change, but I doubt all her 4 looks are going to be recreated when 90% of the setlist remains the same.