S&S DVD release

tatimadge

I hope this DVD has the feel of a live show unlike Confessions. I get nausea watching it because of the quick cuts in camera angles, slow motion and added screen effects, and her voice is TOO crisp. I'll take the raw look from WTG tour over the overly enhanced Confessions DVD and it's fun to hear crowd reaction in the background during the numbers.

I feel the same way when watching it,,, I get the nausea as well,, LOL

Thought I was the only one.

It's true about the nausea LOL! It's also hard to focus on anything going on during the show because the viewing angle changes every two seconds. I was extremely disappointed with the way it was filmed. Then again, i'm the nostalgic type that enjoys how concerts were filmed in the 80's and 90's. Even though they might have been pre-recorded, they still maintained the look of being "live". ie WTG before it was merged with three different shows.

today Madonna Online reports that the DVD will be delayed till the end of the secong leg :gross:

the W thing was meant to promote the DVD but it eventually fucked up as the DVD will not come in march anymore! :thumbsdown: instead they plan to release the BGO single and flop hard in the market :americanlife:

nice business move! IDIOTS :hurt:

today Madonna Online reports that the DVD will be delayed till the end of the secong leg :gross:

the W thing was meant to promote the DVD but it eventually fucked up as the DVD will not come in march anymore! :thumbsdown: instead they plan to release the BGO single and flop hard in the market :americanlife:

Wait where is this information from?

Well, from a business perspective, releasing the DVD (or DVD/Live Album) in the 4th Quarter of 2009 after the second leg would probably mean bigger sales for Live Nation. In some ways it makes sense...I'm not happy about it either though.

Here's the translated article (perhaps a bad translation):

WE EXPLAIN

The new strategies of launching the DVD of the STICKY & SWEET TOUR

A great doubt starts to become aware among the fans, for the waited DVD of the Sticky & Sweet Tour. A probability, it would be launched in March, but so far there is no notice on this waited product? MadonnaOnline was behind the truth and explains the real reasons.

As we announce this past month, the official contract of the recent tour of Madonna will be launched by Universal Music, since her contract with Warner Music is finished and now Live Nation can choose any company for distribution. What was before given as certain and without alterations, has now become a delayed product, something that is normal in the career of Madonna.

After analysis and conflicts, it was suddenly decided to launch the DVD, with the show that was filmed in Argentina, after the second part of tour - which will have its start in July and it will cover Eastern Europe. The initial strategy was to launch the contract before Madonna hitting the road again but, in times of crisis [economic], launching it after the shows is guarantee of more publicity and consequently, more money.

In international forums rolls a rumor initiated in one that "the images of the Argentine show had not been satisfactory" and therefore the delay. Pure nonsense. Although it will not have the animated Brazilian public, the material is almost finished, with excellent edition and with this edge of bigger time, they will be able to include more images of behind-the-scenes and curious extra material.

Live Nation promises to make this DVD a landmark, as well as the tour, that it of a singer in the history of music became more lucrative. Many extras will be part, as tickets of Madonna for diverse cities, fans, meeting with friends in the behind-the-scenes, and also making of of the photographic essay in the RIO DE JANEIRO (including the little private party carried through in the Fasano hotel). Small parts of these behind-the-scenes already had been divulged months ago for the Blackberry company.

Something that really has really interested many people, is: after all, what the essay of Mad and Jesus in W magazine will be divulging? You know that Madonna never does something without a purpose and this material was supposed to serve for support of the DVD. Pure marketing: word of mouth among the people and boards at the same time where a new product would arrive at the musical store. But, now without the DVD, they did not have enough time to cancel the publication. And another one: the brouhaha would cool and the material would be dated. The solution was to publish it anyway. Keeping their eye on everything and not wanting to lose more money, Warner Music already had drawn such plans and decided to also postpone the collection of hits, its last product with Madonna that it possess the right to launch. To sell at a loss, this material will be launched at the same time of the DVD of " Sticky & Sweet Tour". It seems foolish that Warner plans a probably safe and cheap launching in these three months of hiatus, between the Essay and beginning of the shows in July: to resuscitate Hard Candy and to launch one more single! The promising song is "Beat Goes On" and would be more good promotion for the album, that will continue to sell with the beginning of tour. The fact remains that it is very early to stop promoting the album that is less than one year in release. A new piece of music would be beneficial for all the sides: Warner, album, tour and DVD… nothing is confirmed, but these are the real plans. Who will win this fight? Time will say. We hope that a new song really is launched, but if a new delay happens, we will not be surprise…

Well, from a business perspective, releasing the DVD (or DVD/Live Album) in the 4th Quarter of 2009 after the second leg would probably mean bigger sales for Live Nation. In some ways it makes sense...I'm not happy about it either though.

bigger sales my ass! after 1 year of the end of the part1 (includes the entire north America, South America and the main Europe) most casual people that attended the show wont be that interested to buy it as they are now, the hardcore fans will buy it for sure but they are missing the momentum SS still has right now.

the DVD should be a great promo for the second leg and they could sell all the tickets making sure people will attend and then release the DVD right after! doesnt need to wait till God knows whem :wacko:

bigger sales my ass! after 1 year of the end of the part1 (includes the entire north America, South America and the main Europe) most casual people that attended the show wont be that interested to buy it as they are now, the hardcore fans will buy it for sure but they are missing the momentum SS still has right now.

the DVD should be a great promo for the second leg and they could sell all the tickets making sure people will attend and then release the DVD right after! doesnt need to wait till God knows whem :wacko:

or they can hold the release for the DVD exactly before the second leg in this summer and after all the shows are sold out they can release it. i'm sure it will have a bigger impact than in the fall of 2009.

or they can hold the release for the DVD exactly before the second leg in this summer and after all the shows are sold out they can release it. i'm sure it will have a bigger impact than in the fall of 2009.

thats what i said :thumbsup:

of course they wont do it anyway

Well, IGTTYAS sold just fine coming out 2 years after the Re-Invention Tour. It went #1 on the Music DVD charts in Germany, UK, Italy, Spain, Sweden, the Netherlands, France, Australia, USA and Brazil. And that wasn't even the whole show, just the documentary with some concert footage.

If Live Nation plans some type of promotional campaign, I think its sales will still be good no matter when it comes out.

Well... I just hope the BEAT GOES ON single thing turns out to be true... at least in Europe her 3 first singles were pretty much played by radio and since the Tour is coming back I'm sure that BEAT GOES ON will also be a TOP 5 airplay hit... just hope it gets a video as MILES AWAY would have a been a GIVE IT 2 ME sizeble hit if it had a video to support hit... Video Channels have a lot more audience than radios...

Are you people actually going to believe that translated article???

Where is the original article. I will have a look and see if it says the above.

The scheduling sounds like a complete mess though. Surely, Warner' could get the greatest hits out in the next six months and cash in on the pre-tour hype and then the DVD would follow for the Christmas market?

They really are useless.

Guest Danny86

What pre-tour hype? It's only in Europe, it won't make the GH sell in the rest of the world. Not to mention that it's still a Hard Candy tour, not a greatest hits show...

If they really wanted to ride the tour hype, then it should be released on the same week she kicks off the tour in the UK, or maybe on the week she tours Scandinavia.

Unless Madonna does some promo (what is she gonna do in the upcoming months anyway?) or there's a brand new song released as a single, the collection won't do well if it's not released in the holiday season together with the DVD.

Guest nothingfails0603

How would the DVD hurt things in the US? Okay, maybe she has a few fans who might travel to see her, but guess what, those people probably saw the first leg as well.