Madonna - Sticky And Sweet Down Under?

TOUR2008

I always thought I'm Going Banana's was the perfect prelude to La Isla Bonita.

hell yeah... i love that GS segment... IMO, TGS has the most elaborate stage among tours... MADONNA started relying in video backdrops with RIT... however, I am amazed of S&S' 360 screen during the LAP performance, that must be pretty costly...

I'm not convinced its true. Can anyone confirm Molly Meldrum said this?

Yes, I can. There was a scrolling headline across the screen on Sunrise this morning saying, "Molly Meldrum - Exclusive Madonna news at 7:50am". I had to go to work, but my sister-in-law sent me an SMS at 7:55am to tell me that negotiations were well underway with two promoters to bring Madonna to Australia as early as January. She's recorded it for me, although I've yet to see it myself. I do trust her word, though :thumbsup:

When I saw GS, I'd seen "Fever" and "Vogue" on the news in reports and had no idea what was on the setlist, imagine my horror when she rolled out "I'm going bananas" lol ah the good old days

Smash Hits magazine had a two page spread of photos from Madonna's NYC concert and printed the setlist before her arrival in Australia, so I knew exactly what she was going to play and when. Still, it's a far cry from the information overload that we have these days!

Having seen the concert twice in Europe last month, I can say with complete sincerity that I absolutely cannot wait to see it again (if the rumours are true)! It blew me away and the Australian audiences would love it!

Madonna's coming! What's it worth to you?

Oct 28 07:56am

Molly Meldrum confirmed this morning that Madonna, following her recent divorce announcement, will be touring Australia as early as January 2009.

Madonna's last Australian tour was the successful Girlie Show in November 1993. Her live shows are often mentioned in concerts you must see before you die.

With negotiations taking place right now with two possible concert promoters, prices are yet to be confirmed.It is also not yet known if Madonna would bring the full stage and production to Australia.

http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/b/sunrise/17...it-worth-to-you

Guest FrozenLight

I agree if she goes to Australia I would thinkshe would do a minimum of 6 shows there (say 3 in Sydney, 3 in Melbourne and maybe some other city)

Guest gloriesbarcelona

That would be fantastic!

Careful though if some tickets start to show up, wait for an official confirmation!

Tickets went on sale for Madrid, Barcelona and Alicante at the begining of the summer, and she did neither of these places!!!

Just wait for LiveNation / madonna.com to definitely confirm venues and dates before buying anything on the net...

Anyway, I'm happy for those of you down under! That's about time!

Regarding the show, I don't see why she wouldn't bring the whole thing? Might as well... Once it's on the plane, it doesn't matter whether it's for 2 or 8 hours. She's done it every week or so until now.

And I can't see Madonna doing it half way. If she decides to go to Oz, she goes to Oz! Otherwise she won't bother.

Guest Mogadonna
I'm not holding my breathe. We've heard it all before, if she comes then great, if not, oh well. Whatever.

I agree we have been promised time and time again for a tour. What I don't understand is that Madonna's people were in negotiations with promoters down here earlier in the year and still that fell through. I think it's going to take a LOT of money to get Madonna down here. Even though it will be a guaranteed success since it's been so long since Madonna has been here Madonna's people would be hard work for promoters to entice.

I agree we have been promised time and time again for a tour. What I don't understand is that Madonna's people were in negotiations with promoters down here earlier in the year and still that fell through.

Bitch needs the $$$ to pay off Gold Digger Ritchies so here she comes!

What I don't understand is that Madonna's people were in negotiations with promoters down here earlier in the year and still that fell through. I think it's going to take a LOT of money to get Madonna down here.

I think it might have less to do with money and more to do with balancing life with Guy Ritchie. Since he's OUT OF THE PICTURE now, she can do whatever she wants. Although, last time she did blame it on the kids' school schedule (obviously a lie as she is touring in the fall this time).

I think it might have less to do with money and more to do with balancing life with Guy Ritchie. Since he's OUT OF THE PICTURE now, she can do whatever she wants. Although, last time she did blame it on the kids' school schedule (obviously a lie as she is touring in the fall this time).

Not necessarily a lie, because at the time, that was her reason for not touring. Having said that, though, Molly Meldrum has also stated that Madonna didn't come to Australia last time because Guy didn't want her touring any more and put the brakes on. Now, the brakes are well and truly off.

Guest boytoyville
I don't see why she would have to scale the show back - it's hardly a huge production.

I don't even know how you can say that. Its definitly the biggest touring production touring right now and her productions are always way bigger than almost all others.

Guest Mogadonna
Not necessarily a lie, because at the time, that was her reason for not touring. Having said that, though, Molly Meldrum has also stated that Madonna didn't come to Australia last time because Guy didn't want her touring any more and put the brakes on. Now, the brakes are well and truly off.

I don't think it was because of Guy Ritchie. It was a business decision in my opinion.

Me too, the Aussie crowd will be MENTAL...

PLus i think now her and Guy arent together, she prob will do more.

MADONNA: LIVE AND LOUD IN TURKMENESTAN

Guest Mogadonna

One of my sisters friends works for a tour promoter and said that its looking promising for a tour down here. But we'll have to wait for confirmation. I wish they would hurry up!