NEW YORK CITY - October 6/7/11/12 - PRESS Reports/Reviews/Pics

Camacho

Which performane is the one with what looks like a ring- Heartbeat?

Yep. And those are some of my favorite pics so far - I love the obsidian heart that forms and beats on screen. Very dark but definitely cool.

These pics have me so excited for the Chicago show I am going to!!! :thumbsup:

Guest Pud Whacker
16067820acko21108200842617PM.jpg

16067843acko21108200842415PM.jpg

so she lost her hair clip during GI2M? :lol:

she was so funny for this!!! you could see when it shifted and she was so irritated and she tried to make it work but couldnt and just couldnt take it anyhmore nad ripped it off. :rotfl::thumbsup:

Well, now that I've bought, seen and survived, let me tell you that if sacrificing food, water or mascara for a week must be done to afford a ticket, do so -- this was the best $100 I have ever spent.

With every song, with every LCD screen, with every costume change, Madonna proved why she was still on top of the industry after 175 years in the game.

i love these...

NY Post Popwrap Blog

You Must See Madonna Live!

Posted by Jarett Wieselman at 9:47 AM on October 8, 2008

madonnaconcertcn0.jpg

Granted, I am not the world's No. 1 Madonna fan -- I don't bedazzle my own t-shirts with rhinestones spelling out "Her Madgesty" -- but I own every album and have been singing "Like a Virgin" before I knew what it meant. So I was excited to see her live in concert for the first time last night. I had previously passed up two opportunities -- Re-Invention World Tour and Confessions Tour -- to see a Madonna concert because the tickets were always so astronomically expensive. Well, now that I've bought, seen and survived, let me tell you that if sacrificing food, water or mascara for a week must be done to afford a ticket, do so -- this was the best $100 I have ever spent.

With every song, with every LCD screen, with every costume change, Madonna proved why she was still on top of the industry after 175 years in the game. The set list for her Sticky & Sweet Tour covers pretty much every album she's ever released -- "Borderline," "Into the Groove," ""La Isla Bonita," "Vogue," "Human Nature," "Music," "Die Another Day" -- with a heavy emphasis on "Hard Candy." There's also a dance-tastic "4 Minutes" and "Like a Prayer" mash-up that I would love for her to release on CD.

So if you can, pick up a ticket to one of her shows -- unlike her movies, you won't leave disappointed! Oh, and those rhinestone emblazoned t-shirt I mentioned before, I saw about 15 of them last night. The gays love a good Bedazzler!

of course THE QUEEN never Disappoints :inlove::bow::wow:

Guest Pud Whacker
:rotfl: she looks way better this way too. :thumbsup:

of course!!! you would have loved it techie!!! it was an oscars sooner or later moment when she chucked that falling earring into the orchestra pit!!! :thumbsup:

From AHN:

Madonna, who's been performing sold out international dates since August, continues her "Sticky & Sweet Tour" at Madison Square Garden in New York this weekend on October 11th and 12th. The high-energy show features hits from her first studio album, Borderline, all the way to her latest, Hard Candy.

BBC:

Rapper Williams joins Madonna gig

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7666012.stm

Rap star Pharrell Williams has made a surprise appearance with Madonna in a New York date on her world tour.

Williams, who co-produced and sang on Madonna's Hard Candy album earlier this year, joined her on stage during her final song of the show - Give It 2 Me.

Madonna also continued her recent attacks on Republican vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin.

Playing a screeching note on her guitar, she said: "This is the sound of Sarah Palin thinking."

After singing an a capella version of her 1989 hit Express Yourself, she told the crowd: "I'd like to express myself to Sarah Palin right now."

Pharrell Williams has appeared on the Sticky and Sweet tour before, but only in video form.

During previous dates, he and Madonna's other recent collaborators - Justin Timberlake, Kanye West and Britney Spears - have "performed" in the show as lifesize images on moving video walls.

At the New York show - the 21st date on the four-month world tour - there was a more tender moment as Madonna dedicated a song to her eldest daughter Lourdes to mark her 12th birthday.

She performed You Must Love Me, which she originally sang when she starred in the 1996 movie adaptation of the hit musical Evita. Madonna told the crowd: "My beautiful Lola is 12 today but when I first sang this song she was growing inside me."

Guest chatty kathy

By John Hand

BBC News, Madison Square Garden, New York

Rap star Pharrell Williams has made a surprise appearance with Madonna in a New York date on her world tour.

Williams, who co-produced and sang on Madonna’s Hard Candy album earlier this year, joined her on stage during her final song of the show - Give It 2 Me.

Madonna also continued her recent attacks on Republican vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin.

Playing a screeching note on her guitar, she said: “This is the sound of Sarah Palin thinking.”

After singing an a capella version of her 1989 hit Express Yourself, she told the crowd: “I’d like to express myself to Sarah Palin right now.”

She also threw condoms into the crowd at Madison Square Garden, saying that they promoted safe sex as they had a picture of Mrs Palin on them.

The anti-Republican barbs came a few days after Madonna told another concert audience: “Sarah Palin can’t come to my party. Sarah Palin can’t come to my show. It’s nothing personal.”

Throughout the tour, which started in Cardiff on 23 August, Madonna had stoked political controversy with one video segment which splices an image of Republican presidential nominee John McCain among those of Adolf Hitler, Robert Mugabe and scenes of destruction and starving children.

A spokesman for Mr McCain’s campaign has called Madonna’s actions “outrageous, unacceptable and crudely divisive all at the same time”.

‘Beautiful Lola’

Pharrell Williams has appeared on the Sticky and Sweet tour before, but only in video form.

During previous dates, he and Madonna’s other recent collaborators - Justin Timberlake, Kanye West and Britney Spears - have “performed” in the show as lifesize images on moving video walls.

At the New York show - the 21st date on the four-month world tour - there was a more tender moment as Madonna dedicated a song to her eldest daughter Lourdes to mark her 12th birthday.

She performed You Must Love Me, which she originally sang when she starred in the 1996 movie adaptation of the hit musical Evita. Madonna told the crowd: “My beautiful Lola is 12 today but when I first sang this song she was growing inside me.”

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7666012.stm

Guest chatty kathy

Rapper Williams joins Madonna gig

By John Hand

BBC News, Madison Square Garden, New York

Williams, who co-produced and sang on Madonna’s Hard Candy album earlier this year, joined her on stage during her final song of the show - Give It 2 Me.

Playing a screeching note on her guitar, she said: “This is the sound of Sarah Palin thinking.”

After singing an a capella version of her 1989 hit Express Yourself, she told the crowd: “I’d like to express myself to Sarah Palin right now.”

She also threw condoms into the crowd at Madison Square Garden, saying that they promoted safe sex as they had a picture of Mrs Palin on them.

The anti-Republican barbs came a few days after Madonna told another concert audience: “Sarah Palin can’t come to my party. Sarah Palin can’t come to my show. It’s nothing personal.”

Throughout the tour, which started in Cardiff on 23 August, Madonna had stoked political controversy with one video segment which splices an image of Republican presidential nominee John McCain among those of Adolf Hitler, Robert Mugabe and scenes of destruction and starving children.

A spokesman for Mr McCain’s campaign has called Madonna’s actions “outrageous, unacceptable and crudely divisive all at the same time”.

‘Beautiful Lola’

During previous dates, he and Madonna’s other recent collaborators - Justin Timberlake, Kanye West and Britney Spears - have “performed” in the show as lifesize images on moving video walls.

She performed You Must Love Me, which she originally sang when she starred in the 1996 movie adaptation of the hit musical Evita. Madonna told the crowd: “My beautiful Lola is 12 today but when I first sang this song she was growing inside me.”

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7666012.stm

mtv

Kelly Ripa Lets It Rip At Madonna’s NYC Concert: ‘Give It 2 Me!’

Published by MTV News on Monday, October 13, 2008 at 12:33 pm.

By Joe DeShano

500x365.jpg

The last time I saw Madonna, I was in eighth grade and she was gyrating on a bed. Well, when her Sticky & Sweet Tour hit New York’s Madison Square Garden on Saturday night, the show was a little tamer — and by little, I mean a lot, but that doesn’t mean there weren’t a few surprises. Pharrell came out early in the show for “Beat Goes On” — of course, it’s supposed to be Kanye West accompanying her for that song, but OK, I’ll go with it.

Big stars like Madonna bring out the celebs not only onstage, but in the audience too: And there were Chris Rock and Kelly Ripa, front and center. Kelly seemed to enjoy the show a bit more than Chris, who looked like he was serving some kind of sentence just being there.

Toward the end of the show, Madonna made a reference to what the sound of Sarah Palin thinking might be like, and answered with loads of feedback and distortion from her guitar. (She reportedly threw condoms into the audience after saying “I’d like to express myself to Sarah Palin right now,” but I didn’t see that from my seats.) The “Get Stupid” video montage came on, and of course had many dramatic images of war and peace and shots of Barack Obama — notably absent were the much-publicized video references to John McCain being Hitler, but the last song, “Give It 2 Me,” found Madonna and Pharrell onstage wearing Palin glasses and dancing up a storm.

But the show’s strangest moment came toward the very end, when Madonna handed the mic to the very enthusiastic Kelly Ripa, who sang/ screamed into it from the front of the stage! “Give it 2 me! Yeah!”

To Kelly’s credit, she didn’t stop moving for the entire show (I kept checking on her through binoculars from my bird’s-eye view up in the nosebleed seats). She’s definitely a Madonna fan, although whether she shares the Queen of Pop’s political views is anyone’s guess.

Guest Topaz Scorpio
notably absent were the much-publicized video references to John McCain being Hitler, but the last song,

Has McCain been removed from the video????