US Chart Talk: 6/21/08

thebigham

I have a question regarding the release of Hard Candy on Vinyl. I ordered my copy through an independent record store here in Tulsa. Will that copy be tracked by SoundScan or will it just count as a unit shipped? Thanks in advance.

WOW! during those last few updates she came back HARD lol! She may surpass Mimi and be in the top 15,. w/ a minimal drop! *So far*, this album is somewhat stabalizing more in the US more than freakin Europe lol! #s are relative, and based on 2days typical sales #s, and her "consistent" HC #s compared to COAD #s WW, shes clearly maintaining respectable #s in the US big time, compared to her usual bigger markets like the UK/ Europe etc...I wonder whats keepin her from a huge AL like drop and I wonder if shell surpass AL sales ? Anyways w/ HC there zero promotion. Nothing lol. Based on those early #s, I was expecting and praying shed even do anything close to 10k. This week, shes blatantly gonna surpass that!!

...I wonder whats keepin her from a huge AL like drop and I wonder if shell surpass AL sales ?

The fact that 4 Minutes is still getting tons of play, and I would also guess positive word of mouth. Like they said there are 6 new entires on the top 10 this week so she is really holding her ground. Hopefully GI2M will start kicking in and help, and if it flops in America we can only hope that it becomes massive in Europe and shoots sales up for the album there.

If your'e over it, then I'm sure you won't go on complaining about it, eh, candyl? :gent:

Ha Ha...

Thats too C U T E!

You know I love you anyways (even when your being sarcastic)

Clearly, you and TheBigHam are NOT too happy with me lately regarding my disdain for the lackluster sales of HC-and my countless outburts-

Afterall, my thread was "ALTERED" by mgmt here. Which is all good. Its your board and your right to do what you want with it.

But keep in mind, Im N O T the only one here who is upset with a GOLD cert and considers HC a flop (at this point in the game)

However, Im still hopeful that GI2ME might stabilize sales. Thats why I still frequent HITS.

Excuse me, xxxoom- but, struggling to sell 500K? If it were at, say, 450K, and was down to a weekly tally of, I dunno, 5K or less (just one example), then I'd say it was struggling to sell 500K. But, with sales through last week at 498K+, and with its weekly figure where it is and easily passing 500K after 6 weeks, it's hardly struggling to sell 500K. Copy?

Yes, candyl. All ya need to do is do a check of what's really important in life, and you won't be nearly as stressed out about how Madonna's latest album is selling. :) As long as she remains a commercial player to a degree (commanding decent openins in the USA, getting a decent hit every now and again, not selling <500K with an album, etc.), she'll be fine. Plus, if you enjoy the music, that's the most important thing in regards to Madge.

Excuse me, xxxoom- but, struggling to sell 500K? If it were at, say, 450K, and was down to a weekly tally of, I dunno, 5K or less (just one example), then I'd say it was struggling to sell 500K. But, with sales through last week at 498K+, and with its weekly figure where it is and easily passing 500K after 6 weeks, it's hardly struggling to sell 500K. Copy?

Yes, candyl. All ya need to do is do a check of what's really important in life, and you won't be nearly as stressed out about how Madonna's latest album is selling. :) As long as she remains a commercial player to a degree (commanding decent openins in the USA, getting a decent hit every now and again, not selling <500K with an album, etc.), she'll be fine. Plus, if you enjoy the music, that's the most important thing in regards to Madge.

If its about the "MUSIC" why do we have a "CHART SALES THREAD"?

And as far as less than 500 is bad -thats your opinion.

Im truly confused why you get defensive when someone like xxxoom says what he says.

He is NOT wrong-overall-she is struggling-even TOBY KEITH is selling better.

If its about the "MUSIC" why do we have a "CHART SALES THREAD"?

:thumbsup:

The fact that 4 Minutes is still getting tons of play, and I would also guess positive word of mouth. Like they said there are 6 new entires on the top 10 this week so she is really holding her ground. Hopefully GI2M will start kicking in and help, and if it flops in America we can only hope that it becomes massive in Europe and shoots sales up for the album there.

if GI2M fails at airplay... I hope WBR do a multiple release to radio thingy, much like Janice's scheme... like MILES AWAY to POP, HOT AC, AC then CANDY SHOP or THE BEAT GOES ON to Rhythmic and Urban... the good songs from HARD CANDY needs to be heard for the album to sell continuously...

cabdy darlin', xxxoom said the album is struggling to sell 500K- it's not. And that's whay I posted what I did.

A chart forum is for chart discussion- but surely you're not going to deny that yourself and a few others get way too dramatic about this shit, like your own lives depended on how the album performs. Fans want their favorite act to do well by nature, sure- but try not to let it take on such importance in your life- all I'm sayin'.

Guest missy bi_tch

holidayguy is rite, honestly there are many albums i enjoy but these artists arent even well-known

again we have the 'but-it's-madonna' shit, so standards are higher, but she is oso older, the chart/sales climate is very different.

HC is no ROL, LAP, COADF or even Music, but I enjoy most of the songs.

To me, that's important. She's got her 7th #1, 37th Top 10 hit... still calls for some achievement. 6 weeks on, she's at #11. Don't ask for too much. COuld have been worse.

I honestly don't know where some of you so called fans get you facts from. Or how you can state your misguided opinions like they are facts written in stone by music industry CEOs. Sales of CD are DOWN across the board, why would anyone expect Madonna to be immune to the slump in the industry. She has moved over a half million units in 6 weeks at one of the slowest times in the year to sell CDs. She has sold 1.7 million units of her #3 hit, that was in the top 10 for 10 weeks. You also can't compare Madonna's music to country artists and what they are selling.

Some of you really need to think about what you are thinking before you write it cause you sound really silly and misinformed.

So true.Everyone needs to face the fact that,for the most part,PEOPLE DON'T BUY CDs ANYMORE! It's likely that Madonna will NEVER have a massive seller ever again.It's okay.Deal with it.Move on.This is the new reality.

Yoshie at UKMix:

This week:

NOW IN: 58.28%

10 16 MADONNA WARNER BROS. 17,812

HARD CANDY

Last week:

NOW IN: 56.37%

9 8 MADONNA WARNER BROS. 16,989

HARD CANDY

Look at the sales. She's consistent. Could have a very small drop this week.

Yoshie at UKMix:

This week:

NOW IN: 58.28%

10 16 MADONNA WARNER BROS. 17,812

HARD CANDY

Last week:

NOW IN: 56.37%

9 8 MADONNA WARNER BROS. 16,989

HARD CANDY

Look at the sales. She's consistent. Could have a very small drop this week.

that would be the best thing

cabdy darlin', xxxoom said the album is struggling to sell 500K- it's not. And that's whay I posted what I did.

A chart forum is for chart discussion- but surely you're not going to deny that yourself and a few others get way too dramatic about this shit, like your own lives depended on how the album performs. Fans want their favorite act to do well by nature, sure- but try not to let it take on such importance in your life- all I'm sayin'.

Holiday:

My life can be disfunctional-but NOT to that degree. This is a forum which I honestly enjoy-is only a passtime.

And I find this forum full of bright, educated friends whom I engage with in good debates. Its a hobby for me NOT a necessity to live.

Drama is ok if its done with civility and politeness- vulgarity is a turn off with drama.

TBH: I appreciate you telling me about NOT altering my thread. But , mgmt did. And again, its their right and their board!

That's cool, candyl- taking down the drama a couple notches wouldn't be a bad idea, though, ya hear? :)

HC dropped out of the UK top 20 this week; would be nice if it's able to hang inside the top 20 here.

Last week's HITS numbers were a little larger than SS, so if SS's numbers endd up similar, the percentage drop will be <10%.

------------------------------------------------------

CHART DATE: 06/09/2008

LAST UPDATE: 06/10/2008 13:26:11

NOW IN: FINAL

LW TW artist / album label power index % change

-- 1 DISTURBED REPRISE 249,267 --

INDESTRUCTIBLE

-- 2 NOW 28 CAPITOL 183,162 --

VARIOUS ARTISTS

1 3 USHER LAFACE/ZLG 139,370 -69%

HERE I STAND

-- 4 WEEZER DGC/INTERSCOPE 130,820 --