Madonna ignores her Aussie legions

Camacho

Guest bluejean

Perhaps Carta you don't want her to tour here now otherwise you will face a bigger dissapointment than what you will if she doesn't come at all.

Perhaps Carta you don't want her to tour here now otherwise you will face a bigger dissapointment than what you will if she doesn't come at all.

Yes, that's exactly right. I'm a selfish so and so who wants hundreds of thousands of fans to miss out just because I have commitments that prevent me from being in the country when she might be touring.

Thanks for the massive insult.

Im not from Oz, but i think its completely wrong of her to continuously refuse to go there! its a profitable western market and she'll make a lot of money from at least 6 shows there. really really odd

Guest bluejean
Yes, that's exactly right. I'm a selfish so and so who wants hundreds of thousands of fans to miss out just because I have commitments that prevent me from being in the country when she might be touring.

Thanks for the massive insult.

Oh sorry, my post was only designed to stir

Im not from Oz, but i think its completely wrong of her to continuously refuse to go there! its a profitable western market and she'll make a lot of money from at least 6 shows there. really really odd

I agree I don't understand why Madonna won't come and I'd really like for her just to be honest about it the reason behind it instead of all this bullshit..

The best thing in these threads are the insane Madonna loons that would defend her if she slaughtered 100 Malawi babies and drink their blood because they're 'high on a tour buzz' and they're older queens with huge amounts of $$$ to blow on the likes of Madonna. FASCINATING

Guest bluejean
The best thing in these threads are the insane Madonna loons that would defend her if she slaughtered 100 Malawi babies and drink their blood because they're 'high on a tour buzz' and they're older queens with huge amounts of $$$ to blow on the likes of Madonna. FASCINATING

Exactly, I am young, it would take me months to save to travel and see this tour. I would have to make Madonna my biggest priority in life. That's fine for the occasional loon, but most of us are not that desperate to see Madonna. We would just like her to bring a tour here. Fair enough that she can't come every tour. But its been 15 years now, it's long overdue and that's a fact that can't be denied.

I remember meeting some queen who had just broken up with his sugar daddy and he says "It was great, I got to see Madonna in London so something good came out of it." :lol:

Oh sorry, my post was only designed to stir

All is forgiven :thumbsup:

I couldn't believe what you'd said, though, so I was definitely offended, but I know now you weren't being serious :)

I agree I don't understand why Madonna won't come and I'd really like for her just to be honest about it the reason behind it instead of all this bullshit..

I don't understand it, either. Like you, I wonder what the reasons actually are, but I guess I just trust that she has valid ones. If I found out that she didn't, I'd be really disappointed.

I suspect that you're directing that at me. Well, you're wrong :)

For people to say "you want to see her jump on a plane" is completely ridiculous and as someone said earlier only lunatics would do that. I think even the press down here mentioned how Madonna expects Aussie fans to jump on a plane and spend thousands and thousands of $$$ to see her...

For people to say "you want to see her jump on a plane" is completely ridiculous and as someone said earlier only lunatics would do that. I think even the press down here mentioned how Madonna expects Aussie fans to jump on a plane and spend thousands and thousands of $$$ to see her...

I agree wholeheartedly that it's wrong for people who live in countries where Madonna tours regularly to say that Australians should just "jump on a plane" to travel to see her.

I disagree, though, with the idea that "only lunatics" would do that. It's all relative. For me, to see the GS back in 1993 involved a hell of a lot of sacrifice and saving for that $204, which was a fortune to me at the time (and is still a lot of money today). I seriously deliberated whether I could afford it or not, while friends of mine were able to come up with the money on the spot, even though we were teenagers. I blew my savings on that ticket and then had to save hard to afford the merchandise. Now, I'm in a completely different stage of my life and the cost of the ticket isn't really an issue. I'm lucky in that respect. I could also afford to fly overseas to see a show, but whether I do or not is another matter (I have an extremely demanding job that leaves me with next to no spare time at all). Most people don't have the luxury of that sort of choice, but it's a bit unfair and judgemental for them to look down on those who can afford to do it. It's not as though people who can afford to travel haven't worked hard to be in a position to do so. Please don't think that I don't have compassion for people who have no choice but to wait for her to come here, and who have to scrimp and save just to get the cheapest ticket. As I keep saying, I really, really hope she comes to Australia, because Australia deserves another Madonna tour - there's no question about that. I don't believe she owes us one, but we definitely deserve one. I hope people can see the difference between the two (and not rip strips off me yet again! ;)).

Having said all of that, of course, I'd much rather be able to see multiple concerts in Australia than fly to another country to see one. Even just being able to see one concert in Australia would be amazing, but as I've already said, that's not an option for me this time around, even if she does end up coming here.

Anyway, yes, it would be nice if people stopped telling Aussies to jump on a plane!!! Air travel is expensive...!!!

Guest bluejean
dates will surely be added, just wait..

And that's the other thing about people saying just buy a plane ticket.

Even if a fan goes to that extreme, what happens when they've booked the flight, bought the ticket etc and then suddenly, she annouces that she IS coming?

Why can't they just give a clear yes or no from the start. They always drag it out and leave some hope, until the very end when Madonna hands in her generic apology letter.

And that's the other thing about people saying just buy a plane ticket.

Even if a fan goes to that extreme, what happens when they've booked the flight, bought the ticket etc and then suddenly, she annouces that she IS coming?

Why can't they just give a clear yes or no from the start. They always drag it out and leave some hope, until the very end when Madonna hands in her generic apology letter.

Another good point, bluejean. It would be so much better if they announced *all* venues, countries, dates etc. right from the start. They didn't do this for The GS, though, but back then, you really did have to be rich to fly across the world just to see a concert, so it wasn't really an issue. I do know for a fact, though, that as late as the end of June 2006, Guy O'Seary was still working on bringing the tour to Australia in September, but it didn't work out. That's why no announcement was made about Australia until well after the tour had started, but that doesn't excuse the lack of announcement this time. If she is coming here, then it's highly likely that they're still nutting out the finer details or trying to secure venues etc., hence the lack of an announcement. I read elsewhere that dates for Mexico and South America have yet to be confirmed, even though the documents are all but signed, so that's why no announcement has been made about dates for that leg of the tour. They must still be having problems with the negotiations for Australia and Japan for them not to even list them on the itinerary from Day 1. Imagine how much worse it would be if they announced plans to tour and then it all fell through?! I'm keeping everything crossed that the only reason nothing has been said yet is that they're still working everything out. If that's not the case and the South American dates are already planned to be the final ones in the tour, then I don't know what excuse there could be this time around.

Guest marc

Why is it only Australia her fans seem to be complaining about? She's never doing countries like South Africa either even though Celine has sold out SEVEN shows there. So Madonna shouldn'd have any problems doing that either.

Why is it only Australia her fans seem to be complaining about? She's never doing countries like South Africa either even though Celine has sold out SEVEN shows there. So Madonna shouldn'd have any problems doing that either.

Because Australia is a *major* market. She can do 10 shows if she wants there, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaida.

Because Australia is a *major* market. She can do 10 shows if she wants there, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaida.

You forgot Brisbane :thumbsup:

Guest Xanthium

If it's true that she's not going to tour Australia then I'm completely dumbfounded as to why. Australia is a major market. It's not some 3rd world country that has barbaric laws or would force her to edit her show. Australia loves her to death and has supported her forever. Her fans have been so damn patient and it makes me mad that she would ignore them yet again. I mean, how hard is it to tour there for about 2 weeks? Madonna is the richest, most popular, most important female artist in the history of music, she can do whatever she wants to do. There are no excuses for not touring Oz. She's even touring in the fall so the "kids are in school" excuse is out the window. Is she not aware of how much money she could make by touring there? The ticket sales would go through the roof, it would be like a feeding frenzy to get tickets, the fans would pay whatever it takes to see her. She would make a huge profit despite it being expensive for her and her team to bring the show there. Madonna, my love, tour Australia! I'm really not the type of person that says an artist owes their fans anything but this is a special situation. She does owe Australia. Come on Madonna, give it 2 them!

You're right in everything you say Xanthie but I will go as far as to say she doesn't OWE them anything. But she has been yanking their chain for so long now, esp. with the promise before COADF that she would go if she toured Japan and then the ridiculous 'apology' when she ignored them again even though she DID tour Japan. I really don't know what her problem is. She flew her set over the frozen tundra to play Moscow for a single show, surely it can't be THAT hard to fly over to Australia?

I'm not aussie but I feel bad for them.

Someone should mail Liz....

I think that profits from an aussie leg could be massive.

You're right in everything you say Xanthie but I will go as far as to say she doesn't OWE them anything. But she has been yanking their chain for so long now, esp. with the promise before COADF that she would go if she toured Japan and then the ridiculous 'apology' when she ignored them again even though she DID tour Japan. I really don't know what her problem is. She flew her set over the frozen tundra to play Moscow for a single show, surely it can't be THAT hard to fly over to Australia?

If Madonna can go to places like Russia, Mexico and Sth America she can come to Australia it's totally ridiculous. I wonder what excuse will be used this time round??

Even Celine Dion did 5 shows in Australia last month and her tour has way more dates than Madonna.. And she has a kid and a husband... What about her logistics? :demonic: Lazy Madge... Don't take things for granted:( No promo for the album.. Disappointed fans with the new tour...

wtf vanity?

Madonna is the most successful female artist ever in Australia - she's sold 4 million albums in Australia, ony behind one pathetic now retired Australian male artist by about 150000.

Celine Dion had a few hits between 1994-1997 and that's all.

Guest bluejean

She was talking about South Africa Tiger :p

No idea if what she said is true, but oddly enough Vanity is usually onto this sort of thing