Hard Candy SoundScan/Billboard 200 Discussion

thebigham

she just shouldnt care what will sell in america and make the music she loves. i hope she continues to make avant-garde sounding albums with new producers in the future. it would be great if she works with lenny kravitz and patrick leonard again. kissing american ass didnt matter album sales at all..

Week 12 comparisons:

69 MADONNA HARD CANDY 8,613 -5% 598,574

60 MADONNA CONFESSIONS 18,261 -8% 1,242,032

139 MADONNA AMERICAN LIFE 7,302 -15% 535,729

Damn. I didnt know Confessions had slid that much at this time also.

promise, yah, of course Billboard is sold. If you're looking for it, call local bookstores, newsstands, those types of things.

As a note, COADF logged 37 weeks total on the Billboard 200.

promise, yah, of course Billboard is sold. If you're looking for it, call local bookstores, newsstands, those types of things.

As a note, COADF logged 37 weeks total on the Billboard 200.

thank you:I'll ask for it in Borders

me too! I was expecting that this album would be a 2 million seller in the US :electropop:

Coadf didn't reach 2 millions after 3 years (and it was released 6 weeks before Xmas time), so how do u expect HC to outsell it in just 3 months?! At least wait for the forth single!! You really need to be spanked.

can anyone post a YTD list album 2008 in USA please?

Best Sellers in 2008

1 THA CARTER III LIL' WAYNE 1,912,052

2 VIVA LA VIDA OR DEATH AND ALL HIS FRIENDS COLDPLAY 1,323,246

3 Sleep Through The Static Jack Johnson 1,289,329

4 E=MC2 MARIAH CAREY 1,106,191

5 AS I AM ALICIA KEYS 1,008,147

6 TAYLOR SWIFT TAYLOR SWIFT 959,527

7 SPIRIT LEONA LEWIS 907,470

8 HERE I STAND USHER 906,641

9 JUNO SOUNDTRACK 814,196

10 NOW 27 VARIOUS ARTISTS 793,966

11 Growing Pains Mary J. Blige 695,090

12 Alvin And The Chipmunks SOUNDTRACK 685,184

13 EXCLUSIVE CHRIS BROWN 645,932

14 CAMP ROCK SOUNDTRACK 640,088

15 TRILLA RICK ROSS 629,610

16 Hannah Montana 2 (Soundtrack)/Meet Miley Cyrus MILEY CYRUS 619,209

17 THRILLER 25 MICHAEL JACKSON 617,670

18 LITTLE VOICE SARA BAREILLES 612,242

19 NOW 28 VARIOUS ARTISTS 611,461

20 HARD CANDY MADONNA 598,574

Guest LoveAngelMusicBaby

So then what's everyone b9tching about, isn't this album pretty much a moderate hit?

I mean it's not this utter flop everyone said it was.

By today's standards, the declining album sales overall in the industry etc,

can this album be considered a moderate success?

Thanks for the list. In my opinion she has good chances to be in the top10 for the end of the year, but she cannot go too far without performing on tv.

well... i don;t think so, new releases, especially the one around Oct, Nov will pass HC in less than two months.

but wait and hope for a new and different strategy from Warner, different single around the world will be the right one.

Miles Away europe and Japan

Beat Usa

Guest Nichu94
well... i don;t think so, new releases, especially the one around Oct, Nov will pass HC in less than two months.

but wait and hope for a new and different strategy from Warner, different single around the world will be the right one.

Miles Away europe and Japan

Beat Usa

It could be a good strategy...

Anyway I don't think Madonna or WB is gonna use it... I think they don't want 2 singles in the worldwide charts at the same time...

BGO IMO could be a hit in Europe too... right choice as a 3rd single :thumbsup:

Guest LoveAngelMusicBaby

Was this her shortest era ever, or does that go to American Life?

Hey at least 4 minutes was a huge hit. NO one expected that.

I don't want to say that the Hard Candy era is over, it wouldn't be fair, but....god it had so much potential.

It's as if she didn't even care.

She's lucky 4 minutes succeeded like it did.

Guest Nichu94

The era is not over

I just wanna say a thing: let's wait!

Everything could happen at this point. Maybe GI2M could become a hit in Europe, or maybe next week it will be already out the euro top ten, maybe BGO could help a lot in USA and flop in EU, or maybe she won't release it, or maybe she's gonna release 5 singles and the album will have longevity... I mean WHO KNOWS?

Everything could happen... we only have to wait... maybe at the end of the year we will be very surprised

I'm sure of 1 thing: Madonna is not stupid and after 25 years she knows how to be THE QUEEN!

Guest demitri

There's no way HC can be considered a flop. Selling over 0.5million albums now is probably like selling a little over a million in 1990. That's like saying Erotica was a flop. You have to take into consideration that albums these days dont sell like they did 2 decades ago.

And besides its lead single was a huge hit, that qualifies it for something.

btw, am I the only one who hates the HC cover? lol

Guest Nichu94
There's no way HC can be considered a flop. Selling over 0.5million albums now is probably like selling a little over a million in 1990. That's like saying Erotica was a flop. You have to take into consideration that albums these days dont sell like they did 2 decades ago.

And besides its lead single was a huge hit, that qualifies it for something.

btw, am I the only one who hates the HC cover? lol

Agree, I've never thought HC is a flop but i expected more from this album...

Talkin about the cover you're not the only one, but I'm not one of the hater of that cover!

It is not a complete flop, but c'mon, we cant say it is a moderate success either. Selling a million would be acceptable for today's sales, but not less than that.

Selling one million in the US today (especially if the album is not released in Nov/Dec) is HUGE...only a handful of albums do it per year.

She's sold more than almost anyone else worldwide this year. This album is not a flop.

Anyone expecting E=KFC to get anywhere near the numbers MIMI is crazy. Had MIMI not done those numbers, her numbers would be more impressive.

She's just such a shameless whore about chart positions, it's almost pleasurable to see her balloon deflated a bit.