The Official UK Charts Thread

Guest Hafo

I can't see anyone buying Hard Candy for their dad. :chuckle:

There are lots of gay dads out there in today's day and age!

The entire market increased last week because of father's day and the release of the coldplay album. Sales week on week went up by a large amount. So even though HC fell slightly its sales were better than the previous week.

Gay Dad or because of GITM - who knows?

Give it 2 me is 25, 4 minutes is 13 and HC is 28 on midweeks,

Give to 2 me seems to be stalling on i-tunes, hope it at least reaches top 20 by time physical is out x

Give it 2 me is 25, 4 minutes is 13 and HC is 28 on midweeks,

INCREDIBLE

G12M isn't really catching on, is it. However, given that the physical gives some incentive for the loons to buy both copies plus a pic disk, she should at least scrape the top 10.

Guest Stefanos
INCREDIBLE

G12M isn't really catching on, is it. However, given that the physical gives some incentive for the loons to buy both copies plus a pic disk, she should at least scrape the top 10.

Why the pessimism? It hasn't even been released yet, it's not on radios' A list yet and it's in the top 40. I think she may have another UK No1 with this. And let's hope she will

xS

The Uk charts only recognise the top 75

2-4-9-13-18-18-16-17-13-15-16-15-15-23-27-31-32-34-37-47-57-57-62-68-75- this is where BS chart placing ends. 99-105-125 (28 weeks)

US

3-7-16-24-33-24-16-20-19-19-17-16-17-17-13-15-14-15-18-17-21-21-30-32-38-43-44-48-

-51-56-55-51-59-62-66-80-87-84-98-103-111-127-140-146-156-152-176-199 (48 weeks)

:( tho I dont think GI2Me will "flop", this situation was kinda similar to releasing "Erotica" before "DAD". While 4 Min in itself did well on the ww charts, I strongly feel if GI2Me was released 1st, like DAD b4 Erotica, we would of had a TOTALLY different worldwide sales situation for the *album*. Wed be talkin similar #s at this point to COAD! :( Gi2M is such an amazing song, but its coming out on the tail end of a deflated album, with minimal-zero momentum. Thats the key, momentum and theres little of it left for this!

Guest hotstickyandsweet

How can anyone assume flop when it HASN'T been released yet?? Go to ANOTHER site with your negative views, say a lamb site

Madonna-sMole, Give It 2 Me isn-t *that* good. It-s extremely overrated around here. Gimme Miles Away over that song anytime.

Guest hotstickyandsweet
Madonna-sMole, Give It 2 Me isn-t *that* good. It-s extremely overrated around here. Gimme Miles Away over that song anytime.

PUKE! :nocomment:

Guest harbors

get lost.

You'd say the same thing if Miles Away was released. You simply just dont like any song of hers.

Guest harbors
I do. Many people know that. You fail. Sorry.

who are those? Shitney n the Whale? u talk like an idiot.

oops, im so sorry. I just remembered that you're a Britney and Mariah fan. :chuckle:

*ehem* This is a UK charts thread people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please don't hi-jack it :(

There is no way HC would have COADF's sales level in the UK if any other song was released first.

Some how I feel that "Miles Away" might have done better in the UK as a second single. "Give It 2 Me" really isn't taking off, although I can see how the remixes might do well on their own.

4 Minutes has been a major hit with people outside of her core fanbase but has not appealed to her usual casual buyers and many of her core fans, hence the ABYSMAL sales for HC. Her big problem is that albums are meant to be promotional tools for making money from tours and this album has alienated people from buying tickets for her tour in the UK - that's the real FLOP - she doens't want to be a GH act.

Guest Danny86

Wednesday Midweeks

Singles

1 Coldplay

2 Ne-Yo

3 Mint Royale

4 Sara Bareilles

5 Rihanna

Top 10

Chris Brown

Coldplay - VH

Top 15

Jordin Sparks

Jonas Brothers

Top 20

Fall Out Boy

Top 30

Madonna

Maroon 5

Subways

Cage The Elephant

Top 40

Billiam

Flo-Rida

Nickelback - Photograph

Albums

1 Coldplay

2 Duffy

3 Neil Diamond

4 Paul Weller

5 Feeder

Top 10

Fleet Foxes

Darren Styles

Dennis Wilson

Top 15

Sara Bareilles

Music

Top 20

Weezer

Judas Priest

Top 30

Scouting For Girls

Petula Clark

Offspring

Top 40

Dolly Parton - VBO

Hard Candy is a non-mover from Sunday's position.

4 Minutes has been a major hit with people outside of her core fanbase but has not appealed to her usual casual buyers and many of her core fans, hence the ABYSMAL sales for HC. Her big problem is that albums are meant to be promotional tools for making money from tours and this album has alienated people from buying tickets for her tour in the UK - that's the real FLOP - she doens't want to be a GH act.

Well, while that argument is true in the UK, that same album has helped her sell-out stadiums in Canada, France and Portugal. So, I am not sure the tour will be a FLOP just because the UK isn't giving her maximum support. It's too bad she's starting the shit there though - that WILL make for bad press if Cardiff isn't sold out by August. I suppose that is merely a small thorn in her otherwise wealthy backside.

The UK has always been her biggest market per capita - it'll be a major concern that she's underperforming there both in terms of record sales and ticket stubs although I doubt even a GH tour would have sold with those ridiculous ticket prices.

I doubt she cares.

Keep in mind that TCT underpreformed terribly in the UK, compared with other markets. I just think UK is a bit fickle regarding Madonna's output: when they like it, they embrace it as if there's no other artist in the world. When they don't, they just let it die.

What I've heard is that most people bought HC expecting it to be full of songs like 4 Minutes. Then when they hear the Pharrell songs they are like, what the heck!

Yay for HC going up! Hope it's back to Top 20 by Sunday.

Keep in mind that TCT underpreformed terribly in the UK, compared with other markets. I just think UK is a bit fickle regarding Madonna's output: when they like it, they embrace it as if there's no other artist in the world. When they don't, they just let it die.

I wasn't aware that TCT underperformed in the UK - she sold out all shows.

What I've heard is that most people bought HC expecting it to be full of songs like 4 Minutes. Then when they hear the Pharrell songs they are like, what the heck!

So they're giving it bad word of mouth? The album has grown on me considerably so it's a shame that the lead single has been so divisive. I can't help but think that the Justin duet should have been a 'semi-stand alone' single, released well in advance of the album but tagged on as a bonus, with the lead single being something *distinctly* Madonna.