Predict 1st week U.S. sales for HC!!!!!!

Back on topic, I'm surprised this album will open significantly less than COADF. HDD has been fairly accurate with their projections, no?

nope... they actually overestimated some stuffs... like MARIAH's latest by a good 125k (600k tops prediction)... but maybe they were thrown off by the huge first day sales, her OPRAH appearance was a day before her album was released and their hopes for the AI appearance...

There are still some points to consider for Hard Candy though:

1. HITS may only have figures for the physical sales right?

2. The real promo will kick in with the concert which is yet to happen and that may change the momentum.

I hope it can match COADF's opening sales but if ever it can't match the debut week, i'm confident this album will have long legs...

Oh good. Maybe they'll be off again. With iTunes and other digital downloads, it's harder to predict these days. :)

I hope... Less that 350.000 is disappointing....

This opening week mess (275k) is due to lack of promotion.

And....WTF are doing Madonna fans around the world???? Buy the damn album now, at least 3 copies(regular, candy box and digital)!!!

Album sales in UK are so low too...

The worldwide opening week will be a shame (COAD did 1.233.000 copies)!!!!!

I wonder if 4M's boffo digital sales might have stolen some of the thunder for the album. Perhaps many people opted just to buy the single only. It would certainly makes sense for casual listeners (non-hardcore fans) which 4M seemed to appeal to.

Anyways, too early to tell. We'll save the doom and gloom posts for next Wednesday. :lol:

Mmm...that's quite dissapointing :confused: She hasn't done any promo but the song is HUGE. I guess people are turned off by the cover.

There's a few reasons that this album is gonna open with less than COADF:

#1. She's done very little promo (the concert doesn't count as only fans really are gonna tune in)

#2. Its a different sales climate - record sales keep plummetting (I mean just look at how little an album has to sell to be in the top 20!)

#3. Most of Madonna's fans are dance/pop fans. Most people knew that COADF was Madonna's "dance/pop" album. With Hard Candy, its advertised as Madonna's "R&B" album - which has probably turned casual fans off. Also, even though 4M is a bigger hit than HU, 4M will not get casual Madonna fans (who love her dancepop stuff) to buy the album.

Anyway, given all of the above, her sales numbers are very respectable, even if they're not amazing. I am pleased with them (although of course I would have loved for it to open bigger)

But how about all those pre-orders? #1 at Amazon and it was in the iTunes top 10 for quite some time :bruised:

yeah... and MADONNA has a huge digital following... surely, this isn't put into account in the HDD estimate...

someone said COADF sold 32k copies digitally in the first week...

There's a few reasons that this album is gonna open with less than COADF:

#1. She's done very little promo (the concert doesn't count as only fans really are gonna tune in)

#2. Its a different sales climate - record sales keep plummetting (I mean just look at how little an album has to sell to be in the top 20!)

#3. Most of Madonna's fans are dance/pop fans. Even though Hung Up wasn't as successful as 4M in the USA, most people knew that this was Madonna's "dance/pop" album. With Hard Candy, its advertised as Madonna's "R&B" album - which has probably turned more casual fans off. Also, even though 4M is a bigger hit than HU, 4M will not get casual Madonna fans (who love her dancepop stuff) to buy the album.

Anyway, given all of the above, her sales numbers are very respectable, even if they're not amazing. I am pleased with them (although of course I would have loved for it to open bigger)

don't forget COADF was released Nov. 15... high sales period... and the sales 2 1/2 years ago is like 20% healthier

yeah... and MADONNA has a huge digital following... surely, this isn't put into account in the HDD estimate...

someone said COADF sold 32k copies digitally in the first week...

Wait, so HDD doesnt track the pre-orders??

:lmao: @ everyone trying to make up reasons for the sales to be "respectable"...

well, "everyone" is just stating facts... it's not a defense whatsoever...

it could only mean that maybe more M fans have pre-ordered it now than 2 1/2 years ago with COADF...

so anything is still possible until the exact numbers come out next wednesday

well, "everyone" is just stating facts... it's not a defense whatsoever...

it could only mean that maybe more M fans have pre-ordered it now than 2 1/2 years ago with COADF...

so anything is still possible until the exact numbers come out next wednesday

hopefully...

I must agree with TheBigHam.

Im tired of people being disappointed and venting it out here. What can we do? it is what it is.

On the other hand, yes I think anything under 350-400 is NOT amazing for such a CD with a monster hit like 4M and Justin Timberlake being featured.

And promotions dont make a HUGE difference. MC did Oprah/Idol and a HUGE hit with TMB

and her CD opening is really NOT impressive! I was expecting 600 plus.

Imagin, Madonna did all that- I WOULD BE VERY DISAPPOINTED with low figures.

HOPEFULLY< THE CD WILL SUSTAIN ITS SALES AND * * n o t * * PLUMMET!

THATS WHAT MATTERS!

So how much can we guesstimate then? About 30k from pre-orders? I'd be happy with 330 K

well i think it was mentioned that COADF sold 32k digitally 2 1/2 years ago... and we all know how small online numbers are back then...

so your guess will actually be as good as mine...

Guest socalboy1984
No, all you do is bitch and moan about everything!!!! Get a life. Turn off the computer and go outside.

Agreed! Some people need a life... bad! I can't believe a sales number can get someone down. Wow.