4 Minutes USA Airplay: Mediabase (part 1)

thebigham

Gotta love our CANDY... Hey Candy, you must be really happy about MADONNA's new album title...

Are they playing 4M now in San Antonio?

please help in making this new song a number 1..please keep requesting it..especially those in the US of A..

KIIS FM LA still disses this song... allthough people have written nice comments on their comment 4M site and also people have requested it...

San Antonio seems also like they're waiting to play it...

I don't know much about the latter... but KIIS has some problem with it...

normally a song like this shouldn't need to go to a "test" site to be picked up by the channel... now it has... people in general seems positive about it... still they don't play it...

Ryan Seacrest (LAMB) is the head of the test site... so I guess he has a say in all this KIIS-anti Madonna thing...

I think we shouldn't give up... but it doesn't look good for 4M on the 2nd biggest US channel out there...

Offcourse, over-requesting and bashing Ryan in public/onKIISpage will not help... I just think that the whole treatment of this song on KIIS is sad...

But I guess LAMBS do all they can to prevent Mariah's competition... :rolleyes:

Its just weird that KIIS is not playing it, but HU managed to get 30 million without them so I will be happy if her new one can at least pass that amount. By the way, anyone know where HU stood on its 3rd day of release? I know from where I stand, I probably heard HU on the radio once at that point, unlike 4 MIN, which by now I had to have heard at least 15 times on the radio, and I really only have it on when I am in my car. (minus the first day it hit radio)

KIIS FM LA still disses this song... allthough people have written nice comments on their comment 4M site and also people have requested it...

San Antonio seems also like they're waiting to play it...

I don't know much about the latter... but KIIS has some problem with it...

normally a song like this shouldn't need to go to a "test" site to be picked up by the channel... now it has... people in general seems positive about it... still they don't play it...

Ryan Seacrest (LAMB) is the head of the test site... so I guess he has a say in all this KIIS-anti Madonna thing...

I think we shouldn't give up... but it doesn't look good for 4M on the 2nd biggest US channel out there...

Offcourse, over-requesting and bashing Ryan in public/onKIISpage will not help... I just think that the whole treatment of this song on KIIS is sad...

But I guess LAMBS do all they can to prevent Mariah's competition... :rolleyes:

WE NEED ALL THIS (RAYAN SECREST vs MADONNA) TO BE ON PEREZHILTON.COM .....

Do we really know that Ryan Seacrest is really a lamb or is that just an invented excuse to why KIIS is not playing it, lol.

ryan doesn't own the station. aren't there other dj's assigned? request the song when he's not there. aren't their shifts 4-6 hours?

:vanitybonet:

Do we really know that Ryan Seacrest is really a lamb or is that just an invented excuse to why KIIS is not playing it, lol.

I do remember Seacrest interviewing MADONNA back in the COADF promo, and MADONNA seemed oblivious of who he is... it may have affected his ego... it ended up to be a short interview and I vividly remember MADONNA saying "u guys aren't generous" or something like that...

I do remember Seacrest interviewing MADONNA back in the COADF promo, and MADONNA seemed oblivious of who he is... it may have affected his ego... it ended up to be a short interview and I vividly remember MADONNA saying "u guys aren't generous" or something like that...

He also said that Desperately Seeking Susan was one of his favorite movies, lol.

But yeah, I don't understand how it's entirely Ryan's fault that KIIS doesn't play her new single. Maybe it really isn't getting that great of a response from listeners.

well obviously they arent. :rolleyes:

Yeah the interview was less than 10 minutes, which is stingy for Madonna to come into the studio for. I think they extended it after the commerical break after she made that comment about them not being generous. :demonic:

He also said that Desperately Seeking Susan was one of his favorite movies, lol.

But yeah, I don't understand how it's entirely Ryan's fault that KIIS doesn't play her new single. Maybe it really isn't getting that great of a response from listeners.

I remember this interview... he was a total GOOF... he just made up stuff to sound like he was somehow into her stuff... he obviously didn't have any clue about her coming album or anything...

It may not be his fault only... but I wouldn't be surprised if he had something to say about it... afterall it is because of him this freaking comment 4m board is alive...

I don't buy that it wasn't requested... and most comments on this board are positive... the whole point with it was to "test Madonna's new song out"... ehm... like that was needed??

And now they've "tested" it... and they still refuse to play it on their channel...

Is KIIS the only station in L.A. that matters? What about the other stations? Are they playing the song? Does anyone know? So we could compare. If the numbers there are much better, then we can somehow say something´s wrong with KIIS and their comments about 4M not being requested enough is made up.

This LA thing is just ridiculous.

I mean, this is the United States. Has it really gotten to that point?

This is a fucking pop song and people are prevented from hearing it just because a few people with sexual and ageist issues decide not to play it. What has the world come to?

This truly is sad.

It is obvious that a lot of people in the US are liking the song. Plus, I am sure that there are songs on their playlist which are 100.000 times less likeable or less appreciated than 4 minutes and still they get numerous spins.

I don't mean to offend anyone from the US, but if I were an American I would be really pissed and embarassed because this is just out of this world. This sounds like something that could happen in a country like China or some other country with no freedom. I mean, let people hear the damn song and let them make their own judgement on whether they like it or not. Ain't this what freedom and respect (of other people's opinions) are all about?

Sad. Sad. Sad.

Thank God for the other radio stations who think otherwise.

Yeah the interview was less than 10 minutes, which is stingy for Madonna to come into the studio for. I think they extended it after the commerical break after she made that comment about them not being generous. :demonic:

oh yeah, and she said she ran the street in high heels because of the traffic and a bystander uttered "what is this sex and the city?"... that must have been fun

This LA thing is just ridiculous.

I mean, this is the United States. Has it really gotten to that point?

This is a fucking pop song and people are prevented from hearing it just because a few people with sexual and ageist issues decide not to play it. What has the world come to?

This truly is sad.

It is obvious that a lot of people in the US are liking the song. Plus, I am sure that there are songs on their playlist which are 100.000 times less likeable or less appreciated than 4 minutes and still they get numerous spins.

I don't mean to offend anyone from the US, but if I were an American I would be really pissed and embarassed because this is just out of this world. This sounds like something that could happen in a country like China or some other country with no freedom. I mean, let people hear the damn song and let them make their own judgement on whether they like it or not. Ain't this what freedom and respect (of other people's opinions) are all about?

Sad. Sad. Sad.

Thank God for the other radio stations who think otherwise.

Couldn't agree less! well said...

It's so sad that the US has come to such an extreme ageist/sexist point as it is today!

I mean basically you have to play a dumb bimbo like Mariah to get some airplay... if you're a smart woman then you're too much for the general public to handle...

just look at the Obama/Hillary thing... do I need to say more!?

Anyway...

People wanna hear it... they just prevent people for doing so...

KIIS FM... I dunno... but that's a shameful side of today's america...

Where is KIIS located in L.A.? In Hollywood? Then this makes complete sense. Once a woman turns 50 in Hollywood you´re done. The only thing left is to play a district attorney or Miss Daisy.

Naah... this is radio... not a film

the song is requested... people leave positive comments on their fucking 4M test site...

yet they don't want to play it...

all this drama already... and the song hasn't slowed down yet over at radio... i can only imagine when it does...

:rotfl:

Well... we're discussing ONE particular channel...

a channel that for some odd reasons won't play the new song...

a channel that is very important for airplay since it's the 2nd biggest one..

I will slit my wrists when it does. :lol:

Seriously, it's a song. If it gets requested then your job as a DJ to play it. If you dont do your job then you should be fired.

all this drama already... and the song hasn't slowed down yet over at radio... i can only imagine when it does...

:rotfl:

Unfortunately, there is very little to laugh about.

And of course it doesn't take much to understand that this has little to do with the song climbing the charts or slowing down. It's a sad thing and it would be sad all the same even if it was about any other artist. Truth is that this is a shameful side of the America of today. Hopefully things will change after a Democrat goes back to the White House.

Unfortunately, there is very little to laugh about.

And of course it doesn't take much to understand that this has little to do with the song climbing the charts or slowing down. It's a sad thing and it would be sad all the same even if it was about any other artist. Truth is that this is a shameful side of the America of today. Hopefully things will change after a Democrat goes back to the White House.

ONLY if Hillary does I would say...

USA has to get rid of that hate against women 40+ thing... that's a sad thing for the whole society...

And yes it's a sad thing indeed... one major channel preventing a song to have success (well more success than it would have)... not because people doesn't wanna hear it... not because it's a bad song... not because they have better songs to play...

JUST because they have some hate towards Madonna

where is this test site again? can someone re-post the link?

btw... it would be a good choice NOT to act like a Madonna fan if you want to request the song... because obviously that makes it even worse...

and that's just sooo sad I think... in Europe you can easily request the new Madonna song and they'll play it for you... in the US... at least some radios... it's a bad thing to be that...

gosh such and ageist/sexist/homophobic/rasist society it has become...

where did the liberal 80's USA go? Where is the freedom of speech? It's all sad and upsetting... please come leave with me in western Europe...

here is not a prison to be a Madonna fan!

wow, positive comments far outweigh the negative ones like 95% to 5% (good vs. bad)... and this have not been played yet a KIIS?

THAT'S THE THING!!!

first they treat Madonna as some kind of c-list artist or some debutant with this whole "test song" thing...

then they don't give a shit even though it gets mostly positive comments and INDEED requests...

They said something like they didn't get enough requests to play... I think that is a BIG FAT LIE...

Why even bother having this test-page if they already decided not to support the track...??