U2

Top 50

Travelling Wilburys

Top 70

Choirboys

Top 80

2 Pac

---

Kylie is still Top 5 in albums and Top 10 in singles.

Dannii is Top 45 in singles :nocomment:

There are barely any new releases, the market is a bit apathetic. But yes, it'd be a great result for Kylie. And look at Mariah! Imagine if she goes to #1! :lol:

Apparently sales are the WORST in 10 years for this particular week.

oh, poor Dannii!!! Well, if she had worked harder after Neon Nights, she would be bigger now.

As for Kylie, i hope she stays, although this time of the year all the sales are on the weekend, i guess.

It's a download only release. Not in the iTunes Hot 100...

But it's shown at the main page of the Irish iTunes if that makes you feel more content :irish:

IPB Image

Mind you, Mariah is at #3 on Irish iTunes and #7 in the UK one! She will give a huge chart surprise in the next weeks, along with The Pogues!

They need to release All I Want For Christmas Is You as physical so it gets to #1, that'd be a punch in the face for Kylie fans!! :D No offense :angel:

It's a download only release. Not in the iTunes Hot 100...

But it's shown at the main page of the Irish iTunes if that makes you feel more content :irish:

IPB Image

It was released as a physical single yesterday. At least, that's what her website says.

Guest Eternal Flame

And look at Mariah! Imagine if she goes to #1! :lol:

It would be her first UK #1 single that isn't a cover. And without a doubt her most deserving #1.

Mimi must make a fortune from that song every single year. Fair play to her I guess. It's a stonkingly great Christmas song.

She has a very good chance of making number 1 before the X Factor winner's song is released. Hope she does it and knocks Leona off the top soon.

The Xmas Telly Ad songs are doing great in iTunes!

"It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" (M&S) is at #20

"Here Come The Girls" (Boots) is at #27.

I LOVE that ad btw, all those geezers waiting in the ballroom with the sausage rolls and balloons while the girls are getting GORGEOUS! Ha! :D

Well they'd have to be for Kylie to be top 5 in December but if Whitney's only 500 copies behind her with a rehashed GH package then the market really is DIRE.

According to you, last week she was going to struggle to sell 50k, because all the loons bought multiple copies on Monday. She ended up on 82k.

She is going to sell at least 50k this week. I guess that will be to loons who have been on holiday last week/ because it is being given away free to hairdressers on their day off/ asylum day release/ because Parlophone have barred all other major releases to keep her in the top 5.

..........or because the album is receiving positive word of mouth, despite your "efforts"

Guest Danny86

According to you, last week she was going to struggle to sell 50k, because all the loons bought multiple copies on Monday. She ended up on 82k.

She is going to sell at least 50k this week. I guess that will be to loons who have been on holiday last week/ because it is being given away free to hairdressers on their day off/ asylum day release/ because Parlophone have barred all other major releases to keep her in the top 5.

..........or because the album is receiving positive word of mouth, despite your "efforts"

82k is still VERY LOW for someone who was constantly in the UK press for 2 and a half years and had 2 successful tours at the same time. And I don't know where you get the positive word of mouth - most of the UK reviews are quite negative and X was just named as one of the worst albums of 2007. :p

Guest Eternal Flame

82k is still VERY LOW for someone who was constantly in the UK press for 2 and a half years and had 2 successful tours at the same time. And I don't know where you get the positive word of mouth - most of the UK reviews are quite negative and X was just named as one of the worst albums of 2007. :p

82k is not "very low."

Guest FuckBuddy

sorry, love, but 82k is not VERY LOW for anyone's standards. up to yesterday, i believed she's just had a great opening week, yet the midweeks prove this is not the case. the truth is, x has not plummeted, which means it's probably gonna sell decently enough throughout this month.

oh, and i reckon it will be a consistent seller in the new year. emi just have to pick up the right singles.

Guest Danny86

Well, I thought Kylie was supposed to sell more than that and put the competition behind. Or at least that's what the loons said all along before the "2 Hearts" charted". :p

Not loons, but public in general. People in general expected another album musically that would put the charts on fire. Of course, then some haters here, well, a certain hater called Queenbitch, would have said that she's playing the cancer card, hahaahha. At least, she is NOT trying that.

Wednesday Update :boring:

SINGLES

1 Leona

2 T2

3 Girls Aloud

Top 10

Elvis Presley

Kylie

Top 20

Mariah Carey

Soulja Boy

Arctic Monkeys