“Batuka” music video

Omg I love reading everyone’s comments. Yes, it does transport me to another world as well, and Madonna looks stunning and so mystical! The ghost ships straight up give me chills. Love the tear on one of the lady’s cheek at the end. The cozy feeling of the video transports through the screen. Makes me wanna sing and dance and then cuddle up with all those amazing women and their blankets 😁♥️✨

2 hours ago, lepetitprince said:

Batuka is #1 on French iTunes top selling videos.

:clap:

Madonna's outstanding artistry and incredible work ethic always pay off over time, regardless of any other contingent situation, she truly is a Queen of the People. Charts or no charts, stadiums or smaller gigs, her work past and present will live on forever.

The fact that after 37 years, 40 if we count her band days, she's still committed and delivering in this capacity and with all her heart into it, it's commendable in itself, without even looking at the solidity of the entire arch of her career. Well done Madonna Louise Ciccone

I watched it about 5 times in total and each time I cried during the last minute.. It is my favourite song on the album and the video does it justice.

Madame X is an amazing era for all fans.... the drugs kept coming.... so much education and lessons to learn from... Thank You M for your consistency and boundary pushing art! 

This video is fantastic, and the song should have been lead single form the album! It really stands out from the crowd. Just curious where the video was actually shot, was it really Cape Verde? 

I AM SO ELATED BY EVERYONE’S POSITIVITY!!!!!!

Batuka is definitely a special chapter in the Queen’s illustrious visual history. What an important time to release this flawless, emotional video.

45 minutes ago, Maple said:

This video is fantastic, and the song should have been lead single form the album! It really stands out from the crowd. Just curious where the video was actually shot, was it really Cape Verde? 

No. It was shot in a Portugal. 

2 hours ago, mamifero said:

30+ years following her career and I'm still getting schooled by Madonna

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

Batuka is definitely a special chapter in the Queen’s illustrious visual history. What an important time to release this flawless, emotional video.

:clap: Germany, UK, France and Australia #1 video. I’m in constant awe of her. 

22 hours ago, HolidayGuy said:

@boy skeffington They only show a side view of the brunette figure on the beach- and, to me, it didn't look like M. The face is hidden in every other shot. And, yes, it's certainly her in the house parts. 🙂

At 2:18-2:19...an arm moves away and I see Madonna's eye/BROW and nose...thanks though. For me, it's Madonna just like she was on that horse in Medellin. 

3 hours ago, Shaun said:

Me too! I think it's perfectly done and essential to her visual history. 

On 7/19/2019 at 5:07 PM, Barbie said:

Were those supposed to be slave ships at the end? Before they disappear. That’s deep as fuck.

yes, and also in the beginning

12 minutes ago, boy skeffington said:

At 2:18-2:19...an arm moves away and I see Madonna's eye/BROW and nose...thanks though. For me, it's Madonna just like she was on that horse in Medellin. 

Agreed. It was proven somewhere that it was indeed Madonna riding a horse in Medellín. But can someone maybe take a screenshot of Madonna’s face behind that arm? Pretty sure we’ll recognize her when we see her. 

Madonna rising the horse is one thing. Hopefully someone can post that quick side shot of the  face from "Batuka." We know that M had a body double for the video, which was the figure we see in the beach scenes- hence, the lack of views of her face.

This is not a big deal- as someone mentioned, she's had body doubles before.

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks

I don't understand why she would have needed a body double in those scenes?  I think it's her, but just so happened they never got a good shot of her. Not that it mattered, since to me those scenes are about the Batukadieras. 

5 minutes ago, Amelia said:

I don't understand why she would have needed a body double in those scenes?  I think it's her, but just so happened they never got a good shot of her. Not that it mattered, since to me those scenes are about the Batukadieras. 

It's definitely a body double otherwise they'd of included a face/front shot of her holding hands with the other woman. 

'Is it possible to get a bad shot of M? She looks incredible.