Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Madame X album general discussion


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, I Don’t Search I Find said:

Posts like this are counter productive by highlighting negativity unnecessarily. You’ve been warned about this before by me and Kim. Stop picking at scabs stirring drama and lashing out at forum members like you have in other threads otherwise your suspension will be longer next time.

 

505724D2-86CB-4FB2-BFE8-01FB8615E1A8.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Phineaspoe said:

I am so in love with this album. It’s serious but not dark. It’s uplifting but not mindless/fluffy. It’s peaceful yet also combative. To me it encapsulates our era perfectly. There is so much to be hopeful about, and yet it also feels like it’s all falling apart... She’s been talking and mulling over these themes since the MDNA tour (remember the secret project interview, or some of her speeches during that tour), and it’s finally blossomed into an exuberant, decadent, freewheeling album. 

Excellent post.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 I am really happy at the huge responsiveness of the fans to this album. I get the feeling they are happy about this new chapter and  I want to say them a big thank ! 
They are the best!

Very nice comment from Mirwais. He appreciates the fans. But I have to say Madonna is the best. Without her the world would be empty and boring. She makes all of this possible. ❤️

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m still waiting for my god damn shipment notification from Amazon in Canada and there continues to be no release date in sight 😫

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2019 at 3:41 AM, impr3ssive_instant said:

All the visuals for this album have been amazing

Everything about Madame X has been beyond. She's delivered and then some. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Orangema said:

Madonna doesn’t make any come back with Madame X, she’s just arrived! Like a cool newcomer ! 

What a great interview. Thanks for sharing. Mirwais totally gets M, and vice-versa. Such a great partnership.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can i just say this album will age magnificently you can just sense that. 

I took a week break from it and listened to it again it’s such a great piece of work. Bravo Madonna!👏

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SheldonCooper said:

Can i just say this album will age magnificently you can just sense that. 

I took a week break from it and listened to it again it’s such a great piece of work. Bravo Madonna!👏

Completely agree with this, it really is a masterpiece 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SheldonCooper said:

Can i just say this album will age magnificently you can just sense that. 

I took a week break from it and listened to it again it’s such a great piece of work. Bravo Madonna!👏

Hi, I did it as well and was super excited when listening to the album again. It is really great. After one month I can say it belongs easily to my top 5  Madonna albums

Edited by Geiger83
Link to post
Share on other sites

So every time Madonna has a new album, I make my Mom listen to snippets of every song and rank them. :lmao:  Been doing this for years.

I just knew Looking For Mercy would be her favorite, and I was right.  But she also liked God Control and said Madonna should be very proud of that song.  She asked me questions about the EO lyrics, which she liked a lot.

One thing that made me happy was that she literally gasped aloud when Madonna sings “God knows what I am” on KWAP.  It was not her favorite song but she thought that vocal was gorgeous.

She did not care for Come Alive or Bitch I’m Loca, which I had predicted.

Just sharing this cute report of my Mom’s required listening session hahaha.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Shane said:

So every time Madonna has a new album, I make my Mom listen to snippets of every song and rank them. :lmao:  Been doing this for years.

I just knew Looking For Mercy would be her favorite, and I was right.  But she also liked God Control and said Madonna should be very proud of that song.  She asked me questions about the EO lyrics, which she liked a lot.

One thing that made me happy was that she literally gasped aloud when Madonna sings “God knows what I am” on KWAP.  It was not her favorite song but she thought that vocal was gorgeous.

She did not care for Come Alive or Bitch I’m Loca, which I had predicted.

Just sharing this cute report of my Mom’s required listening session hahaha.

Your mom has TASTE.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2019 at 10:10 AM, Flip The Switch said:

Mexico and Central America:

 

9F924B70-34DA-4903-B919-1E99FA0E4010.jpeg

I have not heard anything about which version would be commercialized in Argentina and Chile. It's disappointing because the album is going to be a month old already and no news about it in this part of the world. I wonder if Argentinian fans in this forum know something??

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, madgefan said:

I have not heard anything about which version would be commercialized in Argentina and Chile. It's disappointing because the album is going to be a month old already and no news about it in this part of the world. I wonder if Argentinian fans in this forum know something??

Same version in Argentina (2 CD deluxe). It's been available in most record stores almost at the same time that the rest of the world.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shane said:

So every time Madonna has a new album, I make my Mom listen to snippets of every song and rank them. :lmao:  Been doing this for years.

I just knew Looking For Mercy would be her favorite, and I was right.  But she also liked God Control and said Madonna should be very proud of that song.  She asked me questions about the EO lyrics, which she liked a lot.

One thing that made me happy was that she literally gasped aloud when Madonna sings “God knows what I am” on KWAP.  It was not her favorite song but she thought that vocal was gorgeous.

She did not care for Come Alive or Bitch I’m Loca, which I had predicted.

Just sharing this cute report of my Mom’s required listening session hahaha.

My mom was such a big M fan too... Madame X is the 1st album she won’t listen.

My prediction is that Future (I’m sure she would have love that trumpet as much as I do) and Crazy would have been her favorite... 😊

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, runa said:

My mom was such a big M fan too... Madame X is the 1st album she won’t listen.

My prediction is that Future (I’m sure she would have love that trumpet as much as I do) and Crazy would have been her favorite... 😊

Sounds like you had a great relationship with your mom! So deeply sorry she’s gone 😞

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, runa said:

My mom was such a big M fan too... Madame X is the 1st album she won’t listen.

My prediction is that Future (I’m sure she would have love that trumpet as much as I do) and Crazy would have been her favorite... 😊

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope and believe she can still hear it and she's in some way enjoying it with you. Hugggsxxxx

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shane said:

So every time Madonna has a new album, I make my Mom listen to snippets of every song and rank them. :lmao:  Been doing this for years.

I just knew Looking For Mercy would be her favorite, and I was right.  But she also liked God Control and said Madonna should be very proud of that song.  She asked me questions about the EO lyrics, which she liked a lot.

One thing that made me happy was that she literally gasped aloud when Madonna sings “God knows what I am” on KWAP.  It was not her favorite song but she thought that vocal was gorgeous.

She did not care for Come Alive or Bitch I’m Loca, which I had predicted.

Just sharing this cute report of my Mom’s required listening session hahaha.

Thanks for sharing. She sounds so fun. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Beastialg said:

Same version in Argentina (2 CD deluxe). It's been available in most record stores almost at the same time that the rest of the world.

Thanks for replying! Do you have any pictures??

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beastialg said:

Same version in Argentina (2 CD deluxe). It's been available in most record stores almost at the same time that the rest of the world.

That's the one i bought but it's an import, i think @madgefan was asking about a version made in Argentina/ Chile...?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, madgefan said:

Thanks for replying! Do you have any pictures??

I didn't bought the CD version myself since I changed my car and several new models don't come with have a cd player (bought the Vinyl version and digital itunes to play on my iphone + spotify)

Still, here you have the link to the biggest book and music store in Argentina and the Madame X version they offer : http://www.tematika.com/cds/rp_internacional--1/rp_internacional--1/madame_x___deluxe_2cd--665753.htm

If a visit one this days I'll take a photo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gus said:

That's the one i bought but it's an import, i think @madgefan was asking about a version made in Argentina/ Chile...?

He asked which version is being sold on Argentina music stores. And it's the 2 Deluxe version. And yes it's an import like in most latin american countries. Same thing happened with Rebel Heart.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mom gets to hear Madonna because of me so she loved so far Medellín, Future (she signs the melody), God Control (she keeps saying wake up, wake up) and Bitch, I’m loca (bésame en la boca).

So at the end she liked some songs, with RH I only heard her signing LFL and BIM.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...