Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Madame X album general discussion


Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, Rebel Saviour said:

I've just bought the deluxe and I'm enjoying this beautiful album right now! My favorite songs at the moment...I would say, apart of Medellin, Crave and Dark Ballet, God Control, Crazy, Faz gostoso and the marvellous Looking for Mercy (her vocals are everything!!!!)

 

Fantastic!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Geiger83 said:

Well, I thought it would be a problem for me too, but I kind feel that it fits the songs. My only problem with this album is that it ends 😅 joking apart there are just minimal things I don't get but it is completely irrelevant compared to the greatness of this album. I am in love

It's not really a problem because as you said the autotune works in its context.

But I wish her natural voice came through in some of the tracks or there were more tracks that had her natural voice.

I cannot stress how minor this is though, because I love this album. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have decided that I am not so sensitive to Autotune as most people.  From all that I had read, I was almost under the impression that I was going to hear an album full of some unidentifiable robot singer :lmao:

Other than the songs on which vocoder is heavily and audibly employed like parts of Dark Ballet, God Control, Future, Come Alive, and sections of Extreme Occident, I find it to be nothing more than a slight accent.

On first listen, I thought we had very pure vocal moments on Killers Who Are Partying, Crave, Crazy, I Don’t Search I Find, and Looking For Mercy.

I think some are confusing her new STYLE of singing as in the opening of God Control, most of Batuka, opening verse of Crave and much of I Rise as autotune but it’s just a new style.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Urien said:

It's not really a problem because as you said the autotune works in its context.

But I wish her natural voice came through in some of the tracks or there were more tracks that had her natural voice.

I cannot stress how minor this is though, because I love this album. 

Many of these songs are begging for an acoustic treatment. And not just for the tour, but for an NPR/BBC live radio set for YouTube.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Spotify in the US only has the deluxe edition with blonde cover which makes me happy. However, I feel bad for any general public who pick up the standard and don’t realize they are missing two amazing tracks. It’s obvious that the blonde cover is THE album.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shane said:

Spotify in the US only has the deluxe edition with blonde cover which makes me happy. However, I feel bad for any general public who pick up the standard and don’t realize they are missing two amazing tracks. It’s obvious that the blonde cover is THE album.

Absolutely.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shane said:

This album is a masterpiece.  Even in the age of streaming, I have given Madonna the respect of playing her albums as she has sequenced them, and sometimes as in the case of Hard Candy and MDNA, I had to work at understanding the sequencing.  Madame X sequencing is perfect as fuck, like ROL, Music, AL, and Confessions.  What a journey!  I don’t really think I’ll start playing individual tracks for several weeks because the album is a journey. I will be enjoying straight through from Medellín to I Rise.

Oh, and Crave works perfectly as a centerpiece on this magnum opus.

YES!! Knew you'd absolutely love this album!!

I'm in the same boat as you, I can't really just play any individual tracks, I have to play from front to back. It's amazing because this album is so incredibly diverse.....yet so cohesive at the same time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, trevorhog said:

My iTunes charts show that Bruce overtook the number one spot in the US
 

Yes indeed

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, trevorhog said:

My iTunes charts show that Bruce overtook the number one spot in the US
 

Probably should be posting that under the charts section.  Thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, svperstar said:

Is it just me or is the run of tracks 5 thru 9 literally the BEST block of, well, ANY album she's done?

5-10 I would say!! Yess I agree I just can’t skip a song 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, YannBouch said:

5-10 I would say!! Yess I agree I just can’t skip a song 

I haven't warmed up to Extreme Occident yet unfortunately. But that could change; I disliked a couple on first listen and have done a 180 on them already.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh.

Amazon can't deliver my box set till Monday now. And the box set didn't come with autorip. And Madonna shop hasn't dispatched my standard cd either. So I'm listening to a download I found that has surface noise on tracks like Killers and God Control. Unless they deliberately have jumps and crackles?

Fucking annoyed...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never seen such a positive reaction from Madonna fans in the social networks era. It's beautiful and amazing to be living thiese times. 

I tweeted that IMO Madame X is the best Madonna albums since Confessions, and that Madame X is to Madonna like Spirit is to Depeche Mode, a reaction to the dark times that humanity is living... and honestly I've never ever have received as many retweets and likes in my life 😂

I'm so happy, I wish more general public knew about this masterpiece.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, svperstar said:

I haven't warmed up to Extreme Occident yet unfortunately. But that could change; I disliked a couple on first listen and have done a 180 on them already.

It took me a week to like crave and now is one of my favorite ever. I can understand ! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Waiting for my vinyl and shirt to arrive so I went to City Target and picked up a copy. They only had two left! Seattle loves Madonna. ❤️

IMG_20190614_095613.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, nightcutter said:

Ugh.

Amazon can't deliver my box set till Monday now. And the box set didn't come with autorip. And Madonna shop hasn't dispatched my standard cd either. So I'm listening to a download I found that has surface noise on tracks like Killers and God Control. Unless they deliberately have jumps and crackles?

Fucking annoyed...

yeah that's the vinyl rip that leaked. why don't you stream it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...