PROMO CALENDAR - so far

43 minutes ago, zephyralexxx said:

After Eurovision, I was sure that's it... But I loved it while it lasted. Just feel a little sad 'cause it's like the era just ended until the tour.  

I can't believe it's kinda over. Felt so short. I would have liked a few more televised performances. Wish she had performed it GN and JF shows. 

1 hour ago, Andra said:

Well...Only 4 more years till the next era !! (if she feels inspired and she's not busy making movies)

i feel she probably won't make another one =(  not for long long time

3 hours ago, justi5myluv said:

So far for MadameX she has done:

3 live performances (BB awards, ESC, NYC Pride)

Received 1 award (GLADD AfC award)

Appeared in 2 talk shows (Graham Norton, Jimmy Fallon)

3 fans Q&A (MTV Medellin video premier, An audience with Madonna, iHeartRadio)

Released 4 videos (Medellin, Dark Ballet, Crave, I Rise, Gun Control)

1 documentary (World of MadameX)

Countless junket interviews

It feels like a lot in 2.5 months but of course we won’t say no to more appearance and performances. How does it compare to last few album releases?

I remember MDNA era was all over in two months. We were all in shock. The singles tanked and everything seemed focussed on the tour. 

The singles for RH were more drawn out but still promotion was only over a few weeks.

It was the start of Madonna's wilderness period I still feel we're in where her albums are pretty much done after a month of release.

Still, we've got two months speculation about the tour!

Wtf are people going on about...eras do not last 2-3 years anymore! For anyone!those days are gone.

Plus you should be including the tour in your era calculations-therefore Madame X era won’t end until after the tour completes in quarter 1 of 2020.

6 minutes ago, Lolasmommy said:

Wtf are people going on about...eras do not last 2-3 years anymore! For anyone!those days are gone.

Plus you should be including the tour in your era calculations-therefore Madame X era won’t end until after the tour completes in quarter 1 of 2020.

No one is talking about a 2 year era. A 6 month era (not including tour) is normal for a lot of people. Kylie promoted Golden for all of 2018 and early 2019. We just are hoping for a few more TV shows or something. No need to to freak out.

17 minutes ago, Lolasmommy said:

You sound more hysterical than us. Nobody said 2-3 years. Just hope that there is something else in these 2 months before the tour. Cause right now everything seems like the era just ended. At least the Pride performance on Youtube, Batuka video, shooting the video for Faz Gostoso. 

11 minutes ago, zephyralexxx said:

You sound more hysterical than us. Nobody said 2-3 years. Just hope that there is something else in these 2 months before the tour. Cause right now everything seems like the era just ended. At least the Pride performance on Youtube, Batuka video, shooting the video for Faz Gostoso. 

yeh..thats what i meant too- no more promotions.. She's in full tour rehearsal mode.

1 hour ago, jusdoid said:

yeh..thats what i meant too- no more promotions.. She's in full tour rehearsal mode.

were are rehearsals in ny? or lisbon?

Just now, Sideris said:

NY

oh man. it's going to be a long dry spell without pics or anything. I'm hoping she will post clips from the tour for fans that can't go to her shows.

Guest Amelia aka Neutrocks
1 hour ago, jusdoid said:

Well touring is still promoting.  I don't know why people write that off as if it's nothing?  Six months of her on the road promoting her latest work. It's where the money is at.  That's where the fans will be at.  And you can bet, she'll be "causing a commotion" while on tour.  Also, I'm betting there are a few more tricks up her sleeve between now and the start of the tour.  And you know she'll be posting clips and pics from the tour on Instagram to tease everyone.  It may not be what it used to be when it comes to album releases and longevity with videos/singles releases, but that's pretty much rare anymore with any artist. 

4 hours ago, jonski43 said:

I remember MDNA era was all over in two months. We were all in shock. The singles tanked and everything seemed focussed on the tour. 

The singles for RH were more drawn out but still promotion was only over a few weeks.

It was the start of Madonna's wilderness period I still feel we're in where her albums are pretty much done after a month of release.

Still, we've got two months speculation about the tour!

Promotion for Rebel Heart was INSANE compared to MX

Versace campaign, Interview, Mojo, Rolling Stone, Cosmopolitan, Vanity Fair Italia magazine covers, Johnathan Ross, Howard Stern, Madonna week on Ellen for five days, countless press junket interviews, Jimmy Fallon, Coachella, Brit Awards, Grammy Awards, I Heart Radio Awards, multiple radio Interviews, 2 part TODAY Show Interview, performances on multiple TV shows in Europe, more interviews in Time magazine, OUT, Billboard, Us Weekly and Entertainment Weekly, The New York Times and The New York Daily News, 3 music videos, special all Madonna edition of Rolling Stone magazine to tie in to the tour launch, another Interview cover for the tour launch etc.

^And what good did it do for RH, really? That album was quite the anomaly in terms of album promotion compared to most of her output. (I think Ellen was four days- three days of single RH performances and one day of her and Ellen singing DYU in their robes lol)

Sh probably figures, especially in today's climate, any impact is going to be minimal.  She has done a number of interviews. She's going to focus her energy on the MX show. It's also possible she may drop more videos before the start of the tour.

Also consider she is now living in Lisbon and is traveling back and forth quite a bit. I don’t even recall when she was in LA last since the Oscars. She couldve made an appearance on Ellen. I bet her audience would love to hear her new music. 

It’s a shame because MX is such a good album she could have reach out to a wider audience. 

Ellen was already on summer hiatus by the time she started doing MX promos and so were Kelly & Ryan

She was  rumored to do an interview with Anderson Cooper but that was canceled when his mother passed away

I wasn't expecting much in terms of promo when there was zero rumors of performances and appearances outside of what she has done

Seems like most of her promo was a push through social media 

Time to focus on the tour 

5 hours ago, Amelia said:

Well touring is still promoting.  I don't know why people write that off as if it's nothing?  Six months of her on the road promoting her latest work. It's where the money is at.  That's where the fans will be at.  And you can bet, she'll be "causing a commotion" while on tour.  Also, I'm betting there are a few more tricks up her sleeve between now and the start of the tour.  And you know she'll be posting clips and pics from the tour on Instagram to tease everyone.  It may not be what it used to be when it comes to album releases and longevity with videos/singles releases, but that's pretty much rare anymore with any artist. 

the tricks up her sleeve between now and tour is what i was talking about- i want more 😃

5 hours ago, Samo said:

Versace campaign, Interview, Mojo, Rolling Stone, Cosmopolitan, Vanity Fair Italia magazine covers, Johnathan Ross, Howard Stern, Madonna week on Ellen for five days, countless press junket interviews, Jimmy Fallon, Coachella, Brit Awards, Grammy Awards, I Heart Radio Awards, multiple radio Interviews, 2 part TODAY Show Interview, performances on multiple TV shows in Europe, more interviews in Time magazine, OUT, Billboard, Us Weekly and Entertainment Weekly, The New York Times and The New York Daily News, 3 music videos, special all Madonna edition of Rolling Stone magazine to tie in to the tour launch, another Interview cover for the tour launch etc.

Yea. I hate to admit i was a little disappointing in the promotion for MX I would of liked more performances even if on talk shows.

29 minutes ago, juliebean said:

Yea. I hate to admit i was a little disappointing in the promotion for MX I would of liked more performances even if on talk shows.

Yup

I dare say had she been on an arena WORLD tour the promo would have been more substantial, let's face it the returns on record sales verse the amount of promotion seem redundant, for any artist based on the decimation of the recording industry. I really wonder what's to come regarding future albums unless there is a huge investment for Madonna's streaming returns, I can only imagine the state of record sales in four or five years for physical/digital (real) sales for ALL artists. I guess with Madonna she is one of the few truly 'global' artists who has returns in every major market. I have said before Madonna, I believe needs to let go of the 'back catalogue' ignore issue and embrace her iconic catalogue between eras with smaller fun projects that allow for casual fans and the general public to reingage with her brilliance, I believe this would bode well for connection on newer projects like Mx. The fact that Madonna has hit 61 almost without any sort of reliance is incredible however she is now in a 'perfect storm' scenario where her reach based on new material has a few obstacles, certainly not a criticism just nature of the industry. Who knows perhaps Mx will be the perfect bookend to a stellar recording career in the traditional sense of large eras as we know them.

• 1 month later...
On 5 luglio 2019 at 1:52 PM, Samo said:

she was probably forced to do it to counteract the damage of the leaks

Madonna will probably never go on long, country by country promo campaigns, she doesnt like it and she's at a point in her career where she doesn't need to

Better be at peace with that... and we have movies to look forward to