Israel prepares to build more Jewish settlements after UN resolution condemns them

XXL

14 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

You try talking some sense into a die-hard Jew or Muslim or Catholic or Hindu or ANYONE. Seriously, try it. It's scary and it's no different than talking to someone with mental issues. 

And the only reason why I say this is because I think ALL religions are stupid and if that makes me a racist then so be it. I just LOVE keeping it real when it comes to the Jewish one because somehow that's absolutely AWFUL and RACIST and EVIL and off limits but I could easily call someone an Evangelical * thumping inbred and nobody would care :lmao:AND I'm basically the same race as many Jews so that would be kind of dumb and self-loathing on my part. 

The problem with religions is the lack of true respect for them from their actual followers and of course others belonging to a different religion imho.

All religions teach Love above anything else but most of their followers choose to ignore that. Now is that the religion itself fault or is it actually the fact that the man is evil? I think it's extremely unfair to deny the existence of God or evidence of God intervention just because people chose to completely dismiss what God truly wants from them. And in many cases it always seems to be a one sided point of view: yes let's look at the Muslims belonging to ISIS but forget about the millions more who are regular people and live accordingly to the laws of our countries.. and same for Christians; let's look at the homophobic, backwards or sexist Christians but not at the ones who truly believe in the messages of Jesus that say May All Be One, Do Not Judge, Love Your Neighbour, etc..

Sorry but I just don't buy this "religion hate".

Guest CzarnaWisnia

The Old Testament is full of war and violence. It's a vengeful god. Like when Elisha, after being called "bald" by some kids, called for vengence and God unleashed big bears from the woods who tore to shreds those "evil" kids!

ElishaBears.jpg

44 minutes ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

The Old Testament is full of war and violence. It's a vengeful god. Like when Elisha, after being called "bald" by some kids, called for vengence and God unleashed big bears from the woods who tore to shreds those "evil" kids!

ElishaBears.jpg

Well, it's full of wars and violence because those times were full of wars and violence and most of all fear so the idea of God that was passed on was that of a fearing one; a vindictive God who would punish anyone who would misbehave ( not far from the concept of Karma or what goes around comes around if you like). It was a strong, powerful take on God but it seemed to be a necessity if we consider the times.. 

10 hours ago, MeakMaker said:

The problem with religions is the lack of true respect for them from their actual followers and of course others belonging to a different religion imho.

All religions teach Love above anything else but most of their followers choose to ignore that. Now is that the religion itself fault or is it actually the fact that the man is evil? I think it's extremely unfair to deny the existence of God or evidence of God intervention just because people chose to completely dismiss what God truly wants from them. And in many cases it always seems to be a one sided point of view: yes let's look at the Muslims belonging to ISIS but forget about the millions more who are regular people and live accordingly to the laws of our countries.. and same for Christians; let's look at the homophobic, backwards or sexist Christians but not at the ones who truly believe in the messages of Jesus that say May All Be One, Do Not Judge, Love Your Neighbour, etc..

Sorry but I just don't buy this "religion hate".

You're romanticizing some awful, archaic scriptures that served a purpose 1000, 2000, 3000 years ago but have no place in our society today. 

Julia Sweeney says it beautifully here: 

If you ever have two hours, it's SOOOOO GOOD

1 hour ago, ULIZOS said:

You're romanticizing some awful, archaic scriptures that served a purpose 1000, 2000, 3000 years ago but have no place in our society today. 

Julia Sweeney says it beautifully here: 

If you ever have two hours, it's SOOOOO GOOD

Have no place in our society today? Seriously Ulissoz? Maybe the biggest problem we have in our societies today is the lack of that simple value that said Love Your Neighbour As You Love Yourself.  It's very easy to dismiss religions today when science seems to have all the explanations ( although it's far from explaining everything but no one wants to talk about that) but to say God is not important today is idiotic. You have no idea how many people find comfort in religion. I witnessed a few miracles and unexplained things myself and I'm not going to be part of the millennial atheist mentality who denies God simply because it doesn't fit with their shallow lifestyles or because they can't see it so how can it be real? 

In the end we only have two options here: either we are truly the fruit of a master plan in which each and one of us was created for a reason or everything we see, everything that exists, everything that happens has no meaning whatsoever. A group of cells just rammed together for no purpose whatsoever. Which one is it? I choose faith over denial.

When I think that people base their thinking and faith on books written by hearsay thousands of years back,  it is a frightening thought. The 1st testament for example is one of the most brutal, unfair and senseless thing to read, yet people are still quoting it today as something we should listen to.  Same with all religions.  When you hear people defending their racism, sexism and bigoted ways - on things written in Holy books of different religions - it is a lost cause trying to reason with them.  Also, when you think great minds who were speaking the truth about the Earth orbiting the Sun and the Earth not being flat being tortured and killed when they claimed that,  it confirms how religion has been so destructive and untruthful over time. 

2 hours ago, MeakMaker said:

Have no place in our society today? Seriously Ulissoz? Maybe the biggest problem we have in our societies today is the lack of that simple value that said Love Your Neighbour As You Love Yourself.  It's very easy to dismiss religions today when science seems to have all the explanations ( although it's far from explaining everything but no one wants to talk about that) but to say God is not important today is idiotic. You have no idea how many people find comfort in religion. I witnessed a few miracles and unexplained things myself and I'm not going to be part of the millennial atheist mentality who denies God simply because it doesn't fit with their shallow lifestyles or because they can't see it so how can it be real? 

In the end we only have two options here: either we are truly the fruit of a master plan in which each and one of us was created for a reason or everything we see, everything that exists, everything that happens has no meaning whatsoever. A group of cells just rammed together for no purpose whatsoever. Which one is it? I choose faith over denial.

Sorry, your post sounds all religiousy and mumbo jumbo-y. 

We don't need an ancient book to tell us how to eat our foods, what robes to wear and not wear, how long our beard should be, how to gut a goat, treat our slaves ("If a man beats his male or female slave with a club and the slave dies as a result, the owner must be punished. But if the slave recovers within a day or two, then the owner shall not be punished, since the slave is his property.") and women, aka our property, or how to properly kill a faggot.

2 minutes ago, billiejean said:

have fun in hell ulizos

see you there.

:IMG_1564:

Ugh, imagine being in Heaven FOR THE REST OF ETERNITY with Evangelicals and... who else gets in? Jehovah's Witnesses :wacko: 

2 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

Sorry, your post sounds all religiousy and mumbo jumbo-y. 

We don't need an ancient book to tell us how to eat our foods, what robes to wear and not wear, how long our beard should be, how to gut a goat, treat our slaves ("If a man beats his male or female slave with a club and the slave dies as a result, the owner must be punished. But if the slave recovers within a day or two, then the owner shall not be punished, since the slave is his property.") and women, aka our property, or how to properly kill a faggot.

That's not what God wants though. And that's got nothing to do with religion itself and all theologians would tell you the same. The reasons why the biggest religions have that sort of rules is because they carry around the traditions and uses of those ancient societies which were patriarchal. God has got nothing to do with it. That is why a lot people mistrust religions. They think religion is about a series of do's and don't's and end of story. That's not what religion is about. Besides if some people want to believe that the length of their beard determines their faith I don't think they're doing anything wrong.. One of my closest friends is a Sikh and he never ever shaved his beard or cut his hair, he's an awesome person and very intelligent and caring and appreciative towards all humans.. who am I to say to him his choice is wrong? Just because he doesn't look good in a turban or with a very long messy beard?

The point of religion is the relationship between man and God who is Love. If only everybody lived by that principle we wouldn't be in this divided and selfish world. People have been indoctrinated with a false idea of God for so long that it's almost impossible for them to connect with it. A lot of faithfuls go to their churches or synagogues or mosques and they don't know what God is. I ll tell you one of the biggest problems with us humans; we look at each other through the eyes of the sinner. That's why we will always judge people based on the sin but if we look at each other through the eyes of Love then do you really think we would have divisions or wars or separations or discriminations or violence, hate etc.? People just won't accept that God is Love and Love is God. That's the biggest problem with all these so-called religious people. 

4 hours ago, MeakMaker said:

to say God is not important today is idiotic. You have no idea how many people find comfort in religion. I witnessed a few miracles and unexplained things myself and I'm not going to be part of the millennial atheist mentality who denies God simply because it doesn't fit with their shallow lifestyles or because they can't see it so how can it be real? 

for the first time I agree with you on something , I have witnessed miracles too and I have seen exorcism practiced in church on ppl who are not even Christians.

19 hours ago, CzarnaWisnia said:

ElishaBears.jpg

Even god hates bullies lol

I find it hilarious that people still believe in God. Especially in some kind of "good God". I don't remember who said it but it's very true: In thousands and thousands of years of war and disasters and human suffering he never felt the need to show up and do something about it. Yet people still believe that a good God exists.

I have no problem with faith, people can believe there is a higher power. I don't even have a real problem with religion. BUT I have a huge problem with churches and all organizations that think they are the only ones to properly deal with faith and religion. This is the moment influence and power and greed come in. And of course they will do everything to keep their power. The system is based on corruption. Period.

I find appaling that people can even comment about what people believe in. Problem with religion was not to believe in that religion, but to CRITISISE OR COMMENT on other people's believing. In 2016 in most of our lands we are free to choose. So please, respect. 

I believe in God. And i don't hink my believe is either hilarious or whatever. Is my believe and as long as I respect atheists or agnostics, i should be respected too. 

And those who mix God and Church... really? Still stuck in that argument? Move on. God's one thing. Church is another. Even my little nephew knows. 

19 minutes ago, karbatal said:

I find appaling that people can even comment about what people believe in. Problem with religion was not to believe in that religion, but to CRITISISE OR COMMENT on other people's believing. In 2016 in most of our lands we are free to choose. So please, respect. 

I believe in God. And i don't hink my believe is either hilarious or whatever. Is my believe and as long as I respect atheists or agnostics, i should be respected too. 

And those who mix God and Church... really? Still stuck in that argument? Move on. God's one thing. Church is another. Even my little nephew knows. 

This.

47 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

I find it hilarious that people still believe in God. Especially in some kind of "good God". I don't remember who said it but it's very true: In thousands and thousands of years of war and disasters and human suffering he never felt the need to show up and do something about it. Yet people still believe that a good God exists.

I have no problem with faith, people can believe there is a higher power. I don't even have a real problem with religion. BUT I have a huge problem with churches and all organizations that think they are the only ones to properly deal with faith and religion. This is the moment influence and power and greed come in. And of course they will do everything to keep their power. The system is based on corruption. Period.

He never felt the need to show up and do something.

im so glad you said that because that's exactly the rethoric of people who don't believe. First off Christians believe that He ( mind you I don't like to refer to God as a He because God is sexless and/or both male or female) did show up and did something and gave us all the solutions to live as humans are supposed to. Second many saints, prophets and healers have experienced God and showed us its existence through many miracles or unexplained events but we just choose to ignore that. God speaks to each one of us every given day we just won't listen. Yes the world is an evil place but that's exactly why God created us. It's a challenge.. a test if you like. Life is a test of suffering and Love where God is truly alive if we carefully listen to It. Most people would rather turn the other way and saying Where Is it?Show Up, If You're Real Do Something, etc.. I mean seriosuly? Are we that simple?  Where's our trust? Where's our faith?

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/12/30/world/europe/theresa-may-john-kerry-uk-israel.html

Theresa May Scolds Kerry for Focus on Israel Settlements

LONDON — Even the so-called special relationship is subject to limits, it seems.

Looking ahead to the advent of a Republican administration under Donald J. Trump, Prime Minister Theresa May of Britain scolded Secretary of State John Kerry on Thursday night for his speech criticizing Israel, a public jab that would have been highly unlikely at any other time during the Obama administration.

Mrs. May chided Mr. Kerry for describing the Israeli government of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu as the “most right-wing in Israel’s history, with an agenda driven by the most extreme elements,” and she suggested that Mr. Kerry’s intense focus on Israeli settlement expansion was too narrow for a complicated conflict.

Mrs. May does “not believe that it is appropriate to attack the composition of the democratically elected government of an ally,” a spokesman for the prime minister said, using the department’s customary anonymity. “The government believes that negotiations will only succeed when they are conducted between the two parties, supported by the international community.”

4 minutes ago, MeakMaker said:

Very true. Sorry for going off topic. :(

Dont worry :laugh: I actually enjoy reading the different viewpoints about religion. Just thought it's a huge digression from the scope and heart of the Israel issue