5iVe Elements

When I copied Hard Candy into my phone, for some reason 4 Minutes was excluded. So I've been playing the album for weeks and I realised the song wasn't there. The album felt incomplete, something huge was really missing from it.

That's when I realised that even if on the exterior I don't think highly of the song especially as a lead single, I can't deny it's pivotal role in the Hard Candy album. It is the Hard Candy song, I must say. It's not my favourite first single from an album but it's just very damn catchy and very effective in its role that when it was mistakenly gone, I missed the horns, Timbaland's chanting, and JT's sexy vocals.

It is my favorite lead single. Like... ever. :wow:

The beat alone is one of the highlights of the album; it KNOCKS. The way those horns erupt & the beat kicks in overtop Timbaland's ad-libs... I was HOOKED from the very first listen. It's especially delicious w/ good headphones.

I especially like her lower-register vocals on the opening verse (and the inclusion of JT's fine ass was an added bonus, obviously). But what really sealed the deal for me was the video: seeing her unveiled as the new & improved SEX COUGARESS was the exact moment I became a full-on fan. Hard Candy isn't complete without it.

But what really sealed the deal for me was the video: seeing her unveiled as the new & improved SEX COUGARESS was the exact moment I became a full-on fan. Hard Candy isn't complete without it.

The unveiling of The New Face. :dramatic::wow::sassy::catty::queenbitch:

Not many people like it cause it's a duet and it's too heavy on the timbaland production. I don't mind it. In fact when it first came out, I really liked it. It's all about the bass. But by the time the album leaked, I didn't pay attention the song anymore. I still don't to this day. I dunno. Just tired of it.

Love it. The horns are everything.

It was a HUGE hit! I don't understand why so M fans despise it as a lead single. My friends still sing it to this day. It was iconic at the time, seriously! Don't underestimate it.

I think that really says something about Madonna's success though, that her fans can just disown massive hits. She has so many it doesn't even matter.

Well if we take a look at it in a purely objective manner, it came 2 years too late, the sound was following a trend that was already fizzling out and it's lacking the 'typical' Madonna sound.

Subjectively speaking, I love it though! :wow:

No really, it's fun, well-produced, and just a solid song overally. Plus I found the concept of the video to be a great idea, they did a great job IMO and M's on fire!

Guest CzarnaWisnia

It's a good song musically but the lyrics make me cringe so I rarely, if ever, listen to it anymore. It's very groovy though, but I'm not a big fan of that song I guess. I think it's not even on my Hard Candy playlist...

4 minutes got so much airtime on the major UK radio stations, it was everywhere, I liked the song but it's nowhere near my favourite. The 3 minute edit on Celebration doesn't do the song justice, that intro is what gets me excited when it song starts "I'm out of time all I've got is 4 minutes!"

the lyrics are amazing!

sometimes I think

what I need

is a you intervention

and I know I can tell

that you like it

by the way that you move

the road to hell is paved with good intentions

YEAHHHHH
but if I die tonight

at least I could say I did what I wanted to do

tell me how 'bout you?

OHHHHH

I always think it could so easily be a solo single, and I wish she would perform it as such (or even better, as a three-way sing off with Nicki and Kiley)

It was the first lead single that I did not like too much at first, partly because I felt JT music is too commercial. I've listened to it a million times since then. I think the video is excellent & I like how she performed the song with JT at Roseland. I sometimes miss HC Madonna!

Madonna hates 4 Minutes even more than Sorry.

I'm sure she hates some MDNA songs more at this point. And why Sorry? She looked like she had fun when she performed it on the CT. Unlike 4 Minutes on S&S...

What a tune! A gem after the dross of Confessions that's for sure.

OMG are you being serious??