Appreciate Frozen

markm

Gorgeous vocal delivery, superb production, the use of classical strings, atmospheric intro and the soft symphonic parts, textured beats and beautiful lyrics. The video of Madonna dressed in black looking gothic floating over a desert then she transforms into a flock of large crows then transforms into a black dog is one of her best and fits the song perfectly.

The song I love the Most. Everything was so magical during this time. I love this song soooo much. And the single cover...the most beautiful in my humble opinion!

Words cannot describe.

One of the best songs ever recorded (and ROL is one of the greatest things that happened to music).

This is one of the 125478996545128555952255 things that make her SO great, so special, so talented, she's just the best.

No wonder she's the only female artist included in the small group of the most successful (and with the greatest impact on music) artists/performers of all time, with the likes of MJ, Elvis and The Beatles.

A true superstar. I LOVE her.

Guest sambassile

Its a timeless classic. Shame it has very few youtube views, a trend that bugs me a alot with Madonna. Why ? Everyone has more youtube views that Madonna's.

Edited by sambassile

Frozen is pure QUALITY. Nobody can say "ehh, it's a bad song, Madonna should fuck off". What I also like about Frozen is that it appealed to so many people. Most youtube comments are from some metal heads who are not into her but love that song (the Goth look in the video probably helped). Even though Chris Cunningham complained that the Frozen video didn't turn out the way he wanted (because of limited time? no enough budget? I don't know) but I think the video is perfect as it is.

One of her most haunting ballads and Gothdonna acting all mysterious being followed up by her most upbeat and crazy track in years with Madonna looking like a hippie angel was a stroke of genius.

Songs like Frozen prove that Madonna is a LEGEND and true artist with vision. She is so far above all the pretenders and wannabes its not even funny. I mean what other pop tart could come up with songs like Frozen, Live To Tell, Take A Bow? None.

We should all bow down to our Queen. There will never be another like her. EVER.

Its a timeless classic. Shame it has very few youtube views, a trend that bugs me a alot with Madonna. Why ? Everyone has more youtube views that Madonna's.

Who cares, she hardly needs them. It's because it's an older song.

In early 1998, I was totally not expecting such a majestic, dark wave like "Frozen". The first time I heard the snippet leaked by that Singapore Madonna website, I knew I would love it. It sounded like nothing she'd done before.

It's a classic flawless tune.

One of my all time fav.

I remember ppl saying it was a huge risk for Madge to release a ballad as the 1st single but then again...

no risk no glory

That's because stupid WB and YT had a feud back then.

YT pulled all WB artists videos off YT.

When they were back on YT, all views had been reset.

Also, Youtube is now by far the primary way people see music videos now. For most of Madonna's career, Youtube didn't exist and she was the undisputed queen of MTV. The views currently on her YT videos only reflect the number of people who have seen them recently. Had Youtube been around in the 1980s and 1990s, many of her most iconic videos would have over billions of views because that would be equivalent to the global television impact she had back when channels like MTV still played music videos.