Billboard clip discussion: NOT Madonna. The show is over say goodbye (Say Goodbye)

Are we really to believe Roger Friedman of all people? If you read the whole article it just reeks with shade and ageism, he is just trying to set the mood for his new Madonna hate campaign, trying to install in people's minds that she's desperate & passé (clinging to 'contemporary' producers), copying Beyonce and that it won't work even before album release.

He even implied she copied the title 'Rebel Heart' from some obscure book.

Roger Friedman - possibly the worst "journalist" you could think of. His absolute hatred of Madonna is so obvious and pathetic, he should join a club with Piers and Chelsea. They could all sit around in a circle singing hate songs for Madonna and plotting.

Roger Friedman - possibly the worst "journalist" you could think of. His absolute hatred of Madonna is so obvious and pathetic, he should join a club with Piers and Chelsea. They could all sit around in a circle singing hate songs for Madonna and plotting.

Yes. They can all go to Elton's yatch and let those viper tongues loose :( Assholes!

I think it's Nile Rodgers.....NOT! Honestly guys....

Please tell me why this is a ridiculous conclusion to you? He's already filmed a music video...he's finished his tour...he's responsible for funk/disco/soul music and has been featured on Daft Punk's latest album. Sounds logical to me.

I agree that it could very well be Nile Rodgers. The only thing off with that theory is why Billboard has been "sworn to secrecy" about the song? Nile is legend, no doubt, but this type of secrecy should only be reserved for huge players. PR machinery maybe? I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being him, or even Grace Jones.

Nile Rodgers, Grace Jones and Madonna. At this point I can only think of those three. No one else

Please tell me why this is a ridiculous conclusion to you? He's already filmed a music video...he's finished his tour...he's responsible for funk/disco/soul music and has been featured on Daft Punk's latest album. Sounds logical to me.

100% agreed.

Well we'll find out pretty soon I guess... But think of this: Who would Billboard rightfully claim to be a dance legend? Madonna? With 43 Dance number ones ( Rihanna is second with 20) , which is the highest number of chart toppers not only for the dance charts but for any other Billboard charts in History? Or Nile Rodgers?

Besides this fact... Shapeshifting... Oh yes, sure Nile Rodgers.... Not. Madonna is the chamaleon of chamaleons! But it's fun to see People be so doubtful, not only here but everywhere. It means mission accomplished. That's the whole point behind the strategy!

Well we'll find out pretty soon I guess... But think of this: Who would Billboard rightfully claim to be a dance legend? Madonna? With 43 Dance number ones ( Rihanna is second with 20) , which is the highest number of chart toppers not only for the dance charts but for any other Billboard charts in History? Or Nile Rodgers?

Besides this fact... Shapeshifting... Oh yes, sure Nile Rodgers.... Not. Madonna is the chamaleon of chamaleons! But it's fun to see People be so doubtful, not only here but everywhere. It means mission accomplished. That's the whole point behind the strategy!

Even though Nile doesn't have that many #1's on the dance charts, he can still be considered a dance legend. Same for Moroder. Both were highly responsible for timeless dance, funk and disco music. I get what you're trying to say but I just wanted to point out dance chart hits are not an indication of who or what becomes iconic or legendary.

Even though Nile doesn't have that many #1's on the dance charts, he can still be considered a dance legend. Same for Moroder. Both were highly responsible for timeless dance, funk and disco music. I get what you're trying to say but I just wanted to point out dance chart hits are not an indication of who or what becomes iconic or legendary.

But why would Billboard call the shapeshifters, and dance legends(instead of dance music legends), and use the word vogue as if they wanted everyone to know it was Madonna. These are all things I don't understand

A few observations...

1. Nile Rodgers has said last year he wants Chic to have another #1 hit and will release new Chic material in 2014.

2. Nile Rodgers last year worked with Daft Punk, and is looking to Daft Punk to return the favour [the clip sounds Daft Punk-esque

3. Chic as a band are the very definition of 'Shape-shifting', whether it be the dance moves, or literally [they've had something like 40 different members over the decades, hence constantly changing shape, or Nile himself being artist, collaborator, contributor, group member of many acts over the years.

4. The word 'vogue' was mentioned in the Billboard thing ... 'vogue' is a French word for style. 'chic' is also a French word for style.

5. The use of the term 'flawless fit' has had to be wedged into the sentence - not the best description, so has been placed there with a purpose... 'chic' is a term that could be used to describe something that is considered a 'flawless fit'.

6. Nile Rodgers has just finished filming a video

7. Dance legend could describe Madonna, though is perhaps too narrow a distinction for someone who is across many genres a legend.

8. 'Disco is back' is the premise of the write up; Chic are disco.

9. 'We R Superstars' has the essence of Chic positivity through it ['Good Times'; 'Everybody Dance', 'You Are Beautiful'] and being plural works on both levels - the act describing themselves and / or us all.

If it's not Chic / Nile Rodgers I'll chuck a fiver on outside chance of George Michael.

Well another thing too, if it's Nile, why is that DJ/artist/producer in that radio 1 pic, face covered by a dog, white?

Too much confusion..

A few observations...

1. Nile Rodgers has said last year he wants Chic to have another #1 hit and will release new Chic material in 2014.

2. Nile Rodgers last year worked with Daft Punk, and is looking to Daft Punk to return the favour [the clip sounds Daft Punk-esque

3. Chic as a band are the very definition of 'Shape-shifting', whether it be the dance moves, or literally [they've had something like 40 different members over the decades, hence constantly changing shape, or Nile himself being artist, collaborator, contributor, group member of many acts over the years.

4. The word 'vogue' was mentioned in the Billboard thing ... 'vogue' is a French word for style. 'chic' is also a French word for style.

5. The use of the term 'flawless fit' has had to be wedged into the sentence - not the best description, so has been placed there with a purpose... 'chic' is a term that could be used to describe something that is considered a 'flawless fit'.

7. Dance legend could describe Madonna, though is perhaps too narrow a distinction for someone who is across many genres a legend.

9. 'We R Superstars' has the essence of Chic positivity through it ['Good Times'; 'Everybody Dance', 'You Are Beautiful'] and being plural works on both levels - the act describing themselves and / or us all.

If it's not Chic / Nile Rodgers I'll chuck a fiver on outside chance of George Michael.

Great points. I'm with you....sadly....

Also it doesn't add up that they would keep a Chic project secret or list it as 'ID'. It it was chic with daft punk they could just drop it and it would explode. Get lucky had Niles guitars. This just sounds like electronic funk.... I still say Madge!

A few observations...

I was taking this seriously. Until you mentioned George Michael.

Ain't nobody got time fo' dat

If it's Nile Rodgers, why does Billboard say that the artist is "taking cues from a Daft Punk playlist?" If he's responsible for disco, he doesn't need to be taking cues from another group that does the same thing he does. That would be an insulting way to describe your new disco track. That's what I don't get about the Nile suggestion.

A few observations...

1. Madonna is a dance legend

2. Madonna is shape-shifting

3. Madonna sang "Vogue".

4. Madonna has been busy working on her new music

5. Madonna is making dance music this time around

6. Madonna has been randomly posting superstar pics on instagram

7. Madonna just said "FUNK" on instagram

8. Madonna loves testing her music using instrumentals

9. Madonna loves being secretive and teases her fans.

10. Madonna is a major pop act (not Nile/Chic) whose team would ask BILLBOARD to hype up their music

Last but not least, MADONNA IS A SUPERSTAR, which fits perfectly to the song title.