Billboard clip discussion: NOT Madonna. The show is over say goodbye (Say Goodbye)

am i the only one who is not that impressed with this We R Superstars track? it's good and catchy but it's nothing new.. this disco fever sort of sound is a bit dated especially with Daft Punk and Nile Rodgers being so successful now it will look like she's jumping on the bandwagon.

No it wouldn't. The only hype is here. She needs to get the music out there and build the hype. Get people to like the song in the clubs. She doesn't get radio play easily now and MDNA disappeared from the charts after two months thanks to NTP. She should be working those club dubs now!

Exactly. If this is the route they're going down, for it to be a big secret and then a reveal, then clubs need to play it, the dance world has to hype it, anticipation building (not just a few hundred Madonna fans on message boards) wondering about this hot new track and when it's being released. None of that's happened bar a lukewarm youtube vid and us stumbling over a Pete Tong playlist. To really take off of course, the track has to be a CHOON - which this isn't.

ohhh ok ya'll r talkin bout this, lol, so lost in all this rumour mess...drownedmadona is shit...and get with the times madonna already and drop it like beyonce, cuz u know its already hard to sell records as is

If its anybody but Madonna Billboard trolled us with one big YAWN of a cock tease.

Hyping up Nile Rogers? Who cares. Sure as hell not the general public.

George Michael? Please. Who the hell in America even knows he exists anymore?

Mororder? Again. Cue most of America scratching their heads at the BIG reveal.

ohhh ok ya'll r talkin bout this, lol, so lost in all this rumour mess...drownedmadona is shit...and get with the times madonna already and drop it like beyonce, cuz u know its already hard to sell records as is

I wouldn't want her to a Beyoncé cause if she sells less and she will, everybody will call it a flop! Coldplay did and doing well without doing a Beyoncé. Madonna just needs to promote and have Radio on her side (payola).

I don't want a whole album Beyoncé style but a build up to a surprise single is fine by me.

But then again if there is known build up is it a Beyoncé like surprise?

I am looking for something better from madonna anyway. I got a 100 records with this beat and synth riff. It's disco that's been done 1,000 times and each time better than this. Also, you can keep that generic vocoder vocal. As I mentioned earlier, don't want another track w/ Superstar in the title (It didn't work out so great last time, DID IT?). She's the Queen of Pop, everyone knows it, no need to beat it into the ground by proclaiming M is a superstar. DUH.

If we're not getting a new album right now, that is absolutely fine. Lately, I've seen nothing substantial of a true makeover/reinvention. So if drownedmadonna is to be believed, this is good news that M's not ready anyway. As far as the photoshoots, she's done them b4 w/o anything to promote. I hope that Katy girl stays FAR AWAY from my new Madonna era.

Yeah I'm in a bad mood right now, sorry. 'Been exercising all weekend and my whole body hurts, couldn't even sleep last night. Madonna's got over 10 years on me. HOW DOES SHE DO IT?

Radio 1 have dropped a lot of artists that they consider not suited for their boring listeners. Pete Tong tho does play exclusives of Madonna, he probably gets a pass for playing what he wants on his show.

Do you think if there was a huge outcry for Madonna to be played on radio 1 if she released a massive song that crossed all age groups they would play her again?

I mean if demand for a song is there it shouldn't matter how old you are.

Also I am so confused on what radio 1 and radio 2 means?

Are there only 2 radio stations in the UK? One for younger people and one for older people, or are they just the two most popular?

Also I am so confused on what radio 1 and radio 2 means?

Are there only 2 radio stations in the UK? One for younger people and one for older people, or are they just the two most popular?

Not at all.. those are the 2 big BBC ones, commercial stations are also very popular. BBC 6 is the coolest one.

So Avicii is signed to Spinnin'!!!

It's got to be Madge + a whole bunch of superstars all singing about the Revolution of Loveeeeeeeee!

They are doing some promo for it - by putting it out on Radio 1 and youtube and billboard, creating a buzz in the US. Billboard would not be wrong, they are one of the most important music publications in the world, that write up would have to be authorised. Something strange is happening. Ill eat my hat if Madge is not involved. Doesn't make sense otherwise.

Edited by Grooveboy

Guest sambassile

Guys Madonna is all over with Disclosure and you are still discussing and analyzing the Billboard snippet?! Isn't it tooo obvious that it ain't her?! Get over that lame snippet and focus on the possibility of her collaborating with what could be one of her best collaboration yet. I don't want any Disco, Daft punkish, Nile Roger, Avicii music. Madonna has already done that years ago. Madonna flirting with house NOW THAT EXCITES ME. And yes i am aware that Vogue has house elements bla bla... but she hasn't fully explored deep house/UK funky yet and who is better than Disclosure to give the Queen a much needed edge factor.

Edited by sambassile

Why would it be Nile Rodgers? He's not signed to Spinnin' Records. The track is posted on their Soundcloud and YouTube page.

Avicii IS though, and for this song to M's, it would have had to have been recorded early on during the recording process (as the track is already ready/mastered) - he was the first announced collaborator wasn't he?

It could be Avicii feat. Madge!

Guys Madonna is all over with Disclosure and you are still discussing and analyzing the Billboard snippet?! Isn't it tooo obvious that it ain't her?! Get over that lame snippet

Speak for yourself.

It would have been one thing to mention Daft Punk, but it's another thing to say they're taking cues from them. They could have name dropped em in that first sentence that they mentioned em in and that would have held up your theory.

Anyway, I'm not convinced it's Madonna anyway, but I do think it's basically a 50/50 chance.

50/50 as in is or isn't? :rotfl:

fuck this billboard fucking snippet fuck we r superstars fuck tonymaffa

:dead: WTF?

Disclosure interview from a few weeks ago:

STEREOGUM: What’s the timeline for starting a new project. Is that underway?

HOWARD: Yeah, it’s underway in a sense. We’re always writing music on the road. I mean, we haven’t had any time in the studio to really crack down on anything, really, but we’re always writing ideas on the road. We’re touring pretty much constantly now up until September when the festival season sort of starts to fade away again. So I think we’re going to take a few months off at that point to really concentrate on writing the next record. But yeah, we’re definitely having fun experimenting for now.

STEREOGUM: You must be getting a lot of offers from people wanting to sing on your tracks.

HOWARD: Yeah, we’re getting approached by a lot of people. It’s amazing.

STEREOGUM: How do you decide which ones to accept?

HOWARD: We just work with people we think are good. (laughter)

GUY: Yeah, if they’re any good. Credible — credibility’s quite important.

HOWARD: To be honest, the main thing that dictates whether or not we work with someone at the moment is if we have time.

STEREOGUM: If you could get one person you haven’t worked with yet as a dream collaboration for the next record, who would it be?

HOWARD: A lot of the people that would be dream collaborations for the next record, we are working with, so we can’t tell you. (laughter)

http://www.stereogum.com/1675867/qa-disclosure-on-their-wild-life-shows-playing-instruments-and-future-recording-plans/franchises/interview/

This is something, but not nothing.

ah, a boy can dream hey :/

I wish we would have never gotten that billboard snippet. The hell that piece of shit has caused in the queens fan base is unreal.

It's not billboards fault, it's your fault. you were too excited over nothing. don't get your hopes up.

here's a bucket of ice for ya

3%20Kopie.jpgdb3abfe0-7bc6-4d91-ab47-f34

If it's Nile Rodgers, why does Billboard say that the artist is "taking cues from a Daft Punk playlist?" If he's responsible for disco, he doesn't need to be taking cues from another group that does the same thing he does. That would be an insulting way to describe your new disco track. That's what I don't get about the Nile suggestion.

That's what I think. I doubt Billboard would insult Nile Rogers by saying he's taking cues from Daft Punk when he was making that sound decades before!