What year did you become a Madonna fan?

Guest Xanthium

I love Scrapple. So you were a fan before she even became that big? THAT. IS. AWESOME. Were you living in New York at the time, involved in underground music? Did you see her live anywhere in 82?

Guest Rachelle of London

Love Jazzyjans stories about everyone in school wanting to look like her, wouldve loved to of been a wannabe

My school friend bought Into the groove, We listened to it every night after school. I was obsessed! All the girls wore rubber bangles, I was jealous :( There were even Madonna magazines back then. I thought id missed out on the Madonna fad.

Guess ive made up for it.

Good post & amazing memories! Really started when first watched JML video in late 1990 & saw her speak on the infamous Nightline interview. Loved the track & the dark & sexual images in the video. My liking for her evolved instantly after that because saw BA video clips on TV & didm't realize the recent tour was so modern & cutting edge for a mainstream artist. Pretty great time to follow M career, especially when around that time & afterwards came TIC compilation, Rescue Me single, & Truth Or Dare. M seemed to transition so well from the eighties into the early nineties while many of her contemporaries were left in the dust

Thats tough.

1989 (was only 5 years old - used to steal my sisters LAP and Immac Col cassettes)

I recall only listening to Deeper and Deeper on my big brothers Erotica CD.

Then she disappeared from my life until Ray of Light came out and it was BIG TIME FAN MODE since

September 1991. I was just 14 years old. After renting Blond Ambition on laser disc out of curiosity....i was blown away by "Express Yourself". Became so obsessed, watched it everyday and showed the show to everybody in my family, relatives and friends. My life was never been the same since then.

I love Scrapple. So you were a fan before she even became that big? THAT. IS. AWESOME. Were you living in New York at the time, involved in underground music? Did you see her live anywhere in 82?

Well, I went to NYC w/friends of mine and ended up randomly buying the maxi single of Everybody. That was December 1982. I didn't live in the city and I never saw any of the early performances. But, after buying the single, I was hooked. I've been a fan ever since!