Do you think Madge should do a Xmas album?

horn

A Madonna Christmas Album?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. A Madonna Christmas Album?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only when she can no longer sell her studio album...
    • Maybe... never say never

I would say that the only periods where this could have worked would have been in the late '80s or the mid-'90s (Evita era). A big band album with a full orchestra, horn section, etc. But now? I don't know. She doesn't sing as well as she used to, and I can't see how it would make sense since she basically makes EDM almost exclusively now.

I just play Fighting Spirits. I know the bells were inspired by Blondie, but it reminds me of the holidays. More so the album, cause of it's date of release. Such a big Xmas seller.

I voted yes.

1. Like a Christmas

2. Christmas Fever

3. Christmas Light

4. Easy Sleigh Ride

5. Santa Wouldn't Recognize You

6. True Blue Christmas

7. Christmas Story

8. Santa, Rescue Me Down The Chimney

9. Open Your Gift

10. Gimme All Your Pudding (featuring Miley Cyrus and Britney Spears)

Bonus Tracks:

1. American Pie

2. Celebration (Benny Benassi Remix)

3. Holiday (Christmas Remix)

4. BDay Song (Christmas Song Version)

5. Gimme All Your Pudding - LMFAO Remix (featuring Miley Cyrus and LMFAO)

54423689yq3.jpg

I would say that the only periods where this could have worked would have been in the late '80s or the mid-'90s (Evita era). A big band album with a full orchestra, horn section, etc. But now? I don't know. She doesn't sing as well as she used to, and I can't see how it would make sense since she basically makes EDM almost exclusively now.

Hmm? I would think vice versa... an album you described in her later years such as in the near future would work. I think her voice is far better than the 80's and 90's. I know on her more recent albums, it seems her voice is more thinner, but I think that is all part of the effects to make her sound more younger. I think she sing technically better these days... especially live.

That all said, I can't see her doing a traditional Christmas album. Not that she's above any of that, because I think it would be "neat', but I have to agree an original Winter/Holiday album would be more fitting for her. I don't believe she really celebrates the traditional Christmas holiday anyway.

Quite frankly, I feel that her future albums might need to be more theme oriented (with a strong cohesive concept) to get any attention anymore. If she just releases an album of predictable songs, trying to keep up with the younger pop stars, she's just going to come off as if she's desperate for a hit. While I loved "Girl Gone Wild".... it was obvious that they were trying to cash in on the current sound in that genre. Unfortunately, it didn't become a hit for Madonna, but I am sure if it was recorded by some younger pop starlette it would have been huge.

I don't care for the idea of her doing a Christmas album but disagree about her not pulling off traditional Christmas songs. Madonna has a lovely clear voice and I think she would sound gorgeous singing such melodic songs such as "Do you hear what I hear" for example. However, don't really think it would interest her and she does not need to become a Christmas artist - ie Mariah, Michael Buble etc. She is more creative than that.

Guest bluejean

Um :lmao: NO! Please dear God no. I'd rather her release a duet with Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus before she does a Christmas album

I voted yes.

1. Like a Christmas

2. Christmas Fever

3. Christmas Light

4. Easy Sleigh Ride

5. Santa Wouldn't Recognize You

6. True Blue Christmas

7. Christmas Story

8. Santa, Rescue Me Down The Chimney

9. Open Your Gift

10. Gimme All Your Pudding (featuring Miley Cyrus and Britney Spears)

Bonus Tracks:

1. American Pie

2. Celebration (Benny Benassi Remix)

3. Holiday (Christmas Remix)

4. BDay Song (Christmas Song Version)

5. Gimme All Your Pudding - LMFAO Remix (featuring Miley Cyrus and LMFAO)

54423689yq3.jpg

Phil-About-to-Throw-Up-Modern-Family.gif