PUSH - show some luvin'

mtzlplk

It's up there with Take a Bow as one of my least played and least liked songs of hers. Yuck.

Never understood why fans wanted this as a single. Just crazy.

It's up there with Take a Bow as one of my least played and least liked songs of hers. Yuck.

Never understood why fans wanted this as a single. Just crazy.

I love Push, especially the chorus. I saw a special on Madonna where they played Push and showed photos of her Mother, Christopher Flynn and a female school teacher that she admired and loved. It fit in beautifully with the words.

Yes, here to give love to this great song! loved it from the first listen...keep on puuuuuuuuushing like no boooooody :Disco_Ball:

I've always loved it and I do think it should've been the second single in the US. While some casual fans were complaining that there was no Vogue, ITG or LAP on CT, I was bitching about no Push! Now we will probably never get to see it live...lol....see this is why Madonna needs to do her shows the way she always has!

And that trippy intro and trippy sound effects throughout are marvelous!!

One of the weaker moments on Confessions.

I don't dislike it but the melodic nod to "Like A Prayer" kind of reminds me of the bastardization of "Into The Groove" for the GAP commercial. :confused:

I'm sorry but this is definately within my Top 5 on Confessions! And yes, it sticks out! It sticks out because most of the songs on Confessions kind of sound the same! And by the way...this is an appreciation thread, so all you haters should F off! ;)

Push

Don't Stop

Can't Stop

Pretender

Runaway Lover....

I will never understand why these songs are so loathed. For goodness sake, depreciate the real trash like Nothing Fails or half of the Erotica album. ;)

I've never understood the hatred myself. I only found out that it was considered an awful song a couple of years ago when I started visiting other forums.

I personally dislike Like It Or Not which I know many people here love.

I loved PUSH from the first time I heard it. Love the way it twist and twirls with overlapping sounds and words. It's one of those rare slower tempo songs from Confessions that makes you want to move with the mind bending flow of it.

i disliked it too but the TCT performance of the song made me love it...

I have to say the first time I listened to COADF, LION was the only song I was meh about. Some of those lyrics made me cringe a bit...."don't let the fruit rot under the vine....", "better the devil that you know....". I did love the sentiment of the song and I absolutely LOVED that after a non stop hour long disco fest, the album ended with the lone strum of an acoustic guitar. That was brilliant!

After TCT performance though, my love affair with LION officially began. See, that is reason #433 why she MUST continue performing new material when she tours. There are so many of her album tracks that I would've just forgotten about and swept under the rug if it weren't for the brilliant live performances.

Guest Rachelle of London

I have to say the first time I listened to COADF, LION was the only song I was meh about. Some of those lyrics made me cringe a bit...."don't let the fruit rot under the vine....", "better the devil that you know....". I did love the sentiment of the song and I absolutely LOVED that after a non stop hour long disco fest, the album ended with the lone strum of an acoustic guitar. That was brilliant!

After TCT performance though, my love affair with LION officially began. See, that is reason #433 why she MUST continue performing new material when she tours. There are so many of her album tracks that I would've just forgotten about and swept under the rug if it weren't for the brilliant live performances.

Totally agree!